NBA Basketball

hamham3001

RON RON FOR ODOM????????????

OH SHIT... Jackson's trying his damndest to re-create the ALL TIME BULLS roster .....

Who we got?

MJ - KB8

Scottie - It was Odom... but now it's _____ Pau?

Rodman - RonRon

Harper - Fish

Kukoc - Radman'

Longley - Pau (is a BRAzillion times better but then who?)

Kerr - Da Machine

Wennington - Bynum?

Buechler - Walton?

Randy Brown - hopefully it doesn't stay Farmar

And just when kids were getting excited about Brand n' Baron dropping dimes to Chris Kaaaaaaaman (you've all seen that clip right -

)................ traiiiiiiitor!

And what do the Warriors do... sign Turiaf!! HAHAHAHAHA*

* ok I just wanted to laugh that some ppl in the nba think Turiaf is worth $17million... and yes LA can match... and yes GSW did get Corey - who could have a BREAKOUT season with Nellieball!

shit, ron might be more like rick fox in terms of his plays. (personality-wise, definitely rodman.) and bynum's more like shaq than wennington.

who knows what's coming out of this? i guess the problem of having a front court of bynum, gasol and odom is that the outside shooting becomes really suspect. and if bynum and gasol are both healthy, maybe they're thinking they won't need all the rebounding lamar brings to the table.

* ok I just wanted to laugh that some ppl in the nba think Turiaf is worth $17million...

In the current market, 4years/17 million is really not that much for a guy who can get you some decent bench minutes, rebound the ball, can shoot free throws, and block shots.

The deal Bogut got is far more heinous. What is Milwaukee thinking? 72 mill?!?!

But I am L-O-V-I-N the elton brand sign for the sixers. 2nd round of the eastern conference playoffs here WE COME!

In the current market, 4years/17 million is really not that much for a guy who can get you some decent bench minutes, rebound the ball, can shoot free throws, and block shots.

The deal Bogut got is far more heinous. What is Milwaukee thinking? 72 mill?!?!

But I am L-O-V-I-N the elton brand sign for the sixers. 2nd round of the eastern conference playoffs here WE COME!

so true, the 6er's are going to be terrifying

• 3 months later...

So....the new season is upon us, and with it some initial observations / comments:

-Greg Oden re-injures himself in the first half of his NBA debut

-Paul pierce turns on the waterworks during the banner raising ceremony

-Kobe looks focused

-Doc Rivers face is still mad greazy

Please join in

Honestly... I mean, honestly? Fuck the NBA. I might as well watch cats ball at Rucker or West 4th. Shit is bullshit. Traveling is never called, every motherfucker is hogging the ball and acting all flashy and shit. Too many divas. Too many hot heads. Too many scumbag crooked refs. Every man playing for himself to boost his stats. The only teams that win are the teams that play as teams - Boston, Detroit, San Antonia, Phoenix (?). I duno man. I gave up on that shit in like '98 and haven't regretted it since. Give my NFL, give me my baseball. When NFL playoffs are over, I'll even watch a lil hockey. But fuck the NBA.

Honestly... I mean, honestly? Fuck the NBA. I might as well watch cats ball at Rucker or West 4th. Shit is bullshit. Traveling is never called, every motherfucker is hogging the ball and acting all flashy and shit. Too many divas. Too many hot heads. Too many scumbag crooked refs. Every man playing for himself to boost his stats. The only teams that win are the teams that play as teams - Boston, Detroit, San Antonia, Phoenix (?). I duno man. I gave up on that shit in like '98 and haven't regretted it since. Give my NFL, give me my baseball. When NFL playoffs are over, I'll even watch a lil hockey. But fuck the NBA.

Yeah, and the NBA (aka David Stern) blatantly fucked over the city of Seattle. None of them (the teams and the players) play with the same heart and intensity as the college kids do anyway. I've been over the NBA since Jordan left the league. Today's NBA no longer focuses on the fundamentals of the game (defense and shooting). NBA games are a waste of time and money.

agreed. my son plays now and i'd rather he watch/attend college ball.

no doubt that college player play with more heart than nba player, but i still watch the nba. Not as often as 10 years ago when i will watch other teams. But now i only watch the mavs occasionallly. One thing i hate the most about the nba now is David Stern and stu jackson.

Here is what i saw today from the box score and stats

Mario Chalmer play well in his debut

G.Oden leg is made out of broken glasses

New York seems to be more fun to watch

and i more looking for tomorrow when the mavs play rockets..

• 2 weeks later...

freakin greg oden and his freakin leg.

did anybody watch blazers vs rockets.

it was amazing. 96 - 96 and brandon roy does a quick cut back and makes a 2 pointer to make it 98 - 96 and there's 1.9 seconds left on the clock. yao ming makes 2 pointer and brandon roy fouls him in the stupidest way possible and yao makes another 1 to make 98 - 99 and there's 0.8 seconds left. and this point all hope is lost and rockets are already celebrating. brandon roy runs up for a pass and makes a 3 pointer 3 feet from the line just as the buzzer hits. aew;foiaj;ewfoiajw;eofijaew. this season's been sooo good so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuhC_GcG8c0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuhC_GcG8c0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<< Go Blazers!

They've been playing lights out heading into the postseason. They will be the sleeper team this year since they're still young and have little playoff experience. That's just more for them to be deadly and play their unselfish game like they have all year.

Don't wanna jinx anything but I would love to see Blazers/L*kers series. Wouldn't you, Kobe?

ZsxX1VMsiWw