Some cool, distressed denim

hawkeye

Fardin,

Love that 1908 pic (we could all do with more denim pics from early 1900's). Also love that campfire shot. There's a similar pic in the "this is a pair of levi's " book, which unfortunately I no longer have. Does anyone else out there still have a copy?

thanks dr

yes i also like to see older pics like from the late 19. and early 20. century. by the way the campfire pic is also from something between the 1908-1912! so about 100 years old.

MMMMM, yummy. Glad I'm a vegetarian.

i was visiting my rents up in NJ last week and found these pic's. it's a pic of my grandpa when my mom went to visit him in Cuba circa 1980. don't have any specific's what brand or anything, but he's got a key thing on the left and some leather pouch thing with a chain or somethin on his right side. i didn't even know that stylish denim ran in the family.

pops1.jpg

pops2.jpg

Nice pic of cow being gutted!

I don't think I've seen a single pair of jeans in this thread that look like they were soaked once and then worn six to twelve months without a wash....

well seeing as the majority of early denim was unsanforised, people would nearly always soak them before wearing them to shrink them to size. Pretty likley that they washed them a lot more frequently than most people on here do but most people on here probably dont pull cows guts out for a living. except maybe farmer.

dralfonzo, my point is that whether it's a picture of a school girl, biker, or a ranch hand, the cool denim I'm seeing worn in this thread doesn't look anything like the undersized, underwashed, over-manipulated modern denim I see on superfuture.