Some cool, distressed denim

hawkeye

i read on the fedoras lounge from a guy that grew up in the 50s that they consideres slim cuffs cooler, just like most of the guys in the hot rod pic and the beach pic too. even the mods still wore it that way. by the way cool pics mr black.

considering that , these pics from 1948 are really interesting, notice the kids wore more dungaree style pants and all are sporting boots, its like a template for generations to come.

3385586664_44573f7d8a_o.jpg

3387125419_d380951d16_o.jpg

I am about 95% sure that this is low library at Columbia. I've spent many many hours sitting in that exact same place in that exact same way. It's really strange to see that it hasnt changed except there's more hedges now.

A bit more on topic - does anyone know what kind of boots those are?

I am about 95% sure that this is low library at Columbia. I've spent many many hours sitting in that exact same place in that exact same way. It's really strange to see that it hasnt changed except there's more hedges now.

Ivy League students were obviously a lot cooler in those days...

hey blm14 here is the link to the pic, it has some infos now. its not in new york , but in des moins IA, and they are wearing army boots

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?imgurl=b8738f1b76821462&q=Des%20Moine%20Teenagers%20source:life&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDes%2BMoine%2BTeenagers%2Bsource:life%26hl%3Dde%26sa%3DG#

Guest Arcarsenal

Mickey's fades up there kinda look like my Warehouse 660s. Such a great picture, the black and white image makes the contrast of the denim really stand out.

edit: a contribution: don't think this has been posted yet; not a good look at the denim but I bet those guys were fun to hang out with!

8b78izk.jpg