Some cool, distressed denim

hawkeye

sorry mike , i thought it was sympathy, was to lazy to check , but your right of course.

about the pics i postedd not, there was no date on these, thats why i also guess they must be from the late 40 beginning of the 50s.

No sweat . I think the 506xx jackets and what appears to be ww2 501xx (guy on far left ) probably date the pics to late 40s . The couple in the colours are wearing post ww2 501xx too .

I have also been reading up on the Hells Angels also , I have just bought the Sonny Barger book of ebay . The 50s/60s counter cullture fascinates me and clothes were amazing . However , regardless of era , the pics posted recently on this thread are great . Thankyou to mainly SFTD and yourself for taking the time to search and post these .

Hell's Angels were founded in 1950 ruling out the 40's and for the denim on the left they could be any number of brands that were around at the time that didn't have arcs. Pocket placement also maybe a little high for Levi's. Remember that people (especially broke ass Hell's Angels) tended to wear their clothes until they fell apart and stores held onto stock until it sold so it wouldn't be unlikely to see 30's or 40's clothes on someone in the 50's or 60's.

Lack of a death's head patch and sleeves still intact makes me think this could be a Hell's Angels copycat club..many of which popped up in the mid-60's wearing bootleg Angel's colors...it's a stretch....guess we will never know the truth.

Let us know how Sonny's book is. Been thinking about reading it myself.

No sweat . I think the 506xx jackets and what appears to be ww2 501xx (guy on far left ) probably date the pics to late 40s . The couple in the colours are wearing post ww2 501xx too .

I have also been reading up on the Hells Angels also , I have just bought the Sonny Barger book of ebay . The 50s/60s counter cullture fascinates me and clothes were amazing . However , regardless of era , the pics posted recently on this thread are great . Thankyou to mainly SFTD and yourself for taking the time to search and post these .

This thread is f'king amazing. If only someone could do a book of all these shots i'd be in heaven.

Hell's Angels were founded in 1950 ruling out the 40's and for the denim on the left they could be any number of brands that were around at the time that didn't have arcs. Pocket placement also maybe a little high for Levi's. Remember that people (especially broke ass Hell's Angels) tended to wear their clothes until they fell apart and stores held onto stock until it sold so it wouldn't be unlikely to see 30's or 40's clothes on someone in the 50's or 60's.

Lack of a death's head patch and sleeves still intact makes me think this could be a Hell's Angels copycat club..many of which popped up in the mid-60's wearing bootleg Angel's colors...it's a stretch....guess we will never know the truth.

Let us know how Sonny's book is. Been thinking about reading it myself.

Just finished the book , its worth a read . The 50/60s period is great reading and the characters and anecdotes amazing . The last third of the book is about his law problems and jail time .

He does confirm the HAMC first chapter was formed in 1948 in Berdoo and had women members , though he doesnt mention that they had the deathshead insignia although others he met in 57 by luck did sport it . He formed the Oakland chapter in 57 and in the early photos in the book he looks cool as fuck , tight jeans , greaser hair and a goatee... timeless .

Mike

i also have seen some pics of the angels in the 60s, in a book i have about ken kesey and the marry pranksters. ken brought them in to the acid tests, there are some nice pics in there, same time that gonzo wrote his book on the angles. but the pic i posted is really awesome, the guy and the gal look killer to me.

salo there is another pic of him somewhere in this thread i think and in pauls book. as far as i know he is wearing Keds.

geoge great pics you found,thanks

sorry but, i have to post a pic of the bikers again, slightly different then the other two

3224369311_805ea0c158_o.jpg

3224369303_2060b92fe0_o.jpg