Some cool, distressed denim

hawkeye

thanks mike and no there is no year on those,

pic is by Leonard Mccombe on the Houston Frontier Festival College Students. the festival was dicontinued in 1959, so i guess it must be from that time. yes the pocket are deeper cut like your 1966, and not at all like my 1959 ones, still as far as i know from paul lee never only had one cut at a time.

59 seems reasonable, and real mccoys has embroidred lee jackets like that

I have a book called 'The Jeans ' , japanese book from a few years ago . There is a section of Lee posters/adverts etc.. among it is a small pic of a cowboy wearing ' the new slim Lee Riders ' The pockets look deep but the overall cut is very like Monty Clifts pic , no date on it but I agrre with Paul - Lee had many styles and detailing thru the 50/60s . Thats why I like them so much !!!

If you check out some of my posts of Lee Rider adverts , there are all sorts of cuts .

That second pic makes me laugh.

I can imagine the commanding officer ordering the guys to 'look natural for the camera'

Didn't quite work. They all look painfully self concious

That second pic makes me laugh.

I can imagine the commanding officer ordering the guys to 'look natural for the camera'

Didn't quite work. They all look painfully self concious

Ur right..funniest thing are the guys on the right "reading"

I gotta start cuffing my jeans higher. That's guy on the left with the scowl on his face is wearing his jeans perfectly.

Notice in the dragster picture and in the excellent beach photo posted a few days ago, that there isn't a much fading going on? A friend of mine who grew up in the 50s said his 501s didn't wear in the way so many here are looking for (whiskers/combs), they just faded to a little bit lighter shade of indigo (but still stayed fairly dark). Part of that was probably due to jeans getting washed at least once a month rather than a couple times a year.

I like the way the guy on the right with the sunglasses wears his. A look/fit I try to occasionally emulate myself with varying successes.

i read on the fedoras lounge from a guy that grew up in the 50s that they consideres slim cuffs cooler, just like most of the guys in the hot rod pic and the beach pic too. even the mods still wore it that way. by the way cool pics mr black.

considering that , these pics from 1948 are really interesting, notice the kids wore more dungaree style pants and all are sporting boots, its like a template for generations to come.

3385586664_44573f7d8a_o.jpg

3387125419_d380951d16_o.jpg

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Once again- these really should be compiled into a book.

Put me down for the 1st off the presses.

so many pics of cowboys wearing levis, they must have really dominated the market back then.

3359877185_f51f6fabe8_o.jpg

and this is the stranges lee i have seen. the pic is from the 50s and one leg has a selvage and the other does not. maybe i should have posted it in the lee thread, cause they are not even distressed. still...

3385544092_cb7128a712_o.jpg

3385544088_dfa3da7bc5_o.jpg

I noticed "Indianapolis 1956" in a story in Smithsonian magazine and then I just went to Google images to find it online.

I think a lot of these images come from images from Life Magazine that Google and Life made available thru Google images.