show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

a question for those who have rebuilt worn crepe soles using a service like resole.com - do they take off the entire crepe sole (down to the leather) or do they just remove and rebuild what looks like that outer layer of the sole (see arrow in pic)?

58897153.jpg

I just picked up my first pair of Clarks desert boots (in beeswax) the other day, and had a couple questions for those who might know better than I.

How tightly should they fit? My pair has just enough movement in the heel to make them uncomfortable after any significant amount of walking. My toe is also about a half inch from the actual toe of the boot.

Do I need to size down another half size, or do they maybe just need to be broken in?

It's annoying because I actually tried some on in the same size awhile ago and they seemed to fit fine (they were suede instead of leather, though, not sure if that matters)

thanks if anyone can give me some advice (sorry if this thread wasn't the right place to ask questions like this, but didn't see any others specific to Clarks)

DSCF2797.jpg

annoyingly they are not Irish but made in vietnam(?) leather is a little thin but other than that don't seem too different

I have the same in a nut brown, Vietnam made.

leather is thin, although it has stretched, its in good condition for a fair bit of wear.

Clarks made weavers up in till only a few years ago in Vietnam. you used to be able to pick them up in there outlet in the south of London. all gone now tho.

Cannot find DB Beeswax around my area, going to order online. . .

Do they really fit big (1/2?)

Could anyone give me insole measurement of the sizes 9, 9.5, and 10? (For rep points? lol)

i.e. Outsole measure about a 11.5 and insole perhaps 11.25. Is 9, 9.5 or 10 the closest to that measurement?

• 1 month later...
i'm assuming that you guys are wearing these db's with socks? so are db's truly comfy? (compared to sneakers)

desert boots are truly comfy as fuck, but the initial 15 or so wears hurt like fuck with the Beeswax.

About to cop a 2nd pair of db's, this time the gray or sand one.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

What color is the 2nd photo?

jaaneaacd.jpg

:D size 9.5, could have probably gone to a 9 but a bit too late for that.

Does anybody know if its only the desert boots which run a little large (when sticking true to EU/UK size)?

jaanoaacd.jpg

I am already checking out my next clarks purchase for summer heats, can anybody in the UK proxy? I cant find these anywhere else on the web that ships continental Europe.

yea i had to go down 1 whole size...

jaaneaacd.jpg

:D size 9.5, could have probably gone to a 9 but a bit too late for that.

Does anybody know if its only the desert boots which run a little large (when sticking true to EU/UK size)?

jaanoaacd.jpg

I am already checking out my next clarks purchase for summer heats, can anybody in the UK proxy? I cant find these anywhere else on the web that ships continental Europe.

i own two pairs of clarks beeswax desert boots. one bought two years ago the other one just recently. is there anyone else seeing those quality changes?

the new ones actually consist of much less rigid leather and when bend inwards there are little bulges. even as if the leather was wet.

whereas the old ones are very strong and the leather quality seems to be much better.

there are some other changes the inner tounge printing changed from "rubber sole" to "natural leather sole" and the size print in the heel area is in black ink instead of white with the new ones.

lets say i'm really disappointed with the new shoe.

any experiences from the ones who recently got new beeswax dbs?

another quick sizing question.... sorry

i wear 8.5 in cons (so 9.5 in vans), will a us9/uk8.5 be cool for me? for desert boots that is. weak rep awaits the answerer.....

A US9 (or US8.5 for a more supported, "snug" fit as long as you don't have super-broad feet) should be fine.

I went a half-size down on my first pair of Clarks DBs and then ended up going a full-size because even the half size felt a little too loose around the heel.