films you're looking forward to seeing

• 2 weeks later...
whatever man, tom cruise is the shit even if he is crazy. seen MI3? I rest my case.

Also, most of the cast is british (still ironic, yes)

we are no longer friends. tom cruise movies are the bain of my existence.

heres the script for the next tom cruise movie:

-toms a dick

-tom meets girl

-girl makes tom not want to be a dick

-toms still kinda a dick

-goose dies (or some sort of life changing event propels tom into less dickening lifestyle)

-tom is dubbed the last samurai of the vietnam war, a train blows up and val kilmer kisses tom while the sunsets

i just made someone millions of dollars.

has anyone seen ballast? it looks interesting but i cant sit in a theatre if its gonna be on some brown bunny, abstract neo silent film type shit. and thats how the trailer presents it.

put me up on that...

i saw it. i think i talked about it in "what are you watching.." nothing special

Che

Steven Soderbergh's film on Ernesto "Che" Guevara, starring Benicio del Toro

It comes out tomorrow, December 12th in NYC and LA.In NYC it will be playing at the Ziegfeld Theatre. I'll catch it on Sunday

It's showing for one week only. Opens nationwide Jan. 9th 2009

example

1. title

2. reason why

1.sunshine

2.its by danny boyle. 28 days was awsome. shot in a london studio. visually looks amazing. science fiction/religeous background

Gomorra

Directed by Matteo Garrone. An inside look at Italy's modern-day crime families. Based on a book by Roberto Saviano..It won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival

The Wrestler

Directed by Darren Aronofsky...A powerful performance by Mickey Rourke. A drama centered on retired professional wrestler Randy "The Ram" Robinson as he makes his way through the independent circuit, trying to get back in the game for one final showdown with his former rival.

Notorious

Directed by George Tillman Jr. The life and death story of Notorious B.I.G. (a.k.a. Christopher Wallace), who came straight out of Brooklyn to take the world of hip-hop music by storm

The film adaptation of Dominican-American author Junot Diaz's novel "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao"..It will be directed by Brazilian Walter Salles (directed The Motorcycle Diaries)

Im also looking forward to the final film in Danish director Lars von Trier's third trilogy series entitled "USA - Land of Opportunities". The two other parts are Dogville (2003) and Manderlay (2005). The third will be called Wasington

Need to get around to seeing the english remake of Funny Games.

The original is one of my favorites of all time, top 10 no doubt.

it's exactly the same, shot for shot. worth seeing though just to see different performances i guess, although i'm still indifferent to the whole idea.

what else am i looking forward to besides the road... ballistic by lawrence lau, which is about taiwanese politics. always an interesting subject. uhm... tokyo sonata; new kurosawa even though he's been really disappointing for awhile now or maybe even his whole career other than cure and pulse. inglorious basterds i guess even though it will suck and i hate tarantino.