films you're looking forward to seeing

interested in seeing funny games. it looks interesting but i'm not one for like horror/thriller

Haven't seen the American remake yet, but definitely check out the original German version. I heard the remake which is by the same director is a scene by scene copy, with no changes at all.

Haven't seen the American remake yet, but definitely check out the original German version. I heard the remake which is by the same director is a scene by scene copy, with no changes at all.

Michael Haneke is Austrian, unless you meant the language spoken by the characters, but since you were contrasting it with "american" I doubt it.

I don't think it ranks among his best work (haven't seen the new version, not sure I will) but it certainly gets a good conversation going. It's not really a horror/thriller per se but more of a reflection on consumption of violence

Michael Haneke is Austrian, unless you meant the language spoken by the characters, but since you were contrasting it with "american" I doubt it.

I don't think it ranks among his best work (haven't seen the new version, not sure I will) but it certainly gets a good conversation going. It's not really a horror/thriller per se but more of a reflection on consumption of violence

I based my categorization on filming locations, originally I thought the movie had been filmed in Germany, not Austria. The remake's filming location is Long Island, NY.

The happening looks just as stupid as the rest of the terrible shit M. Night Shyamalamalama has done. Mark Wahlberg looks fucking TERRIBLE.

_QlcJwZwDF4

"You're not interested in what happened to the bees?"

What's going on?

We lost contact.

With whooom?

*pause*

EVERYONE.

lmao

Oh yeah, it's about plant's emitting poison gases. weeeeeeee

I'm pretty curious to see "The Box" (directed by Richard Kelly). I really enjoyed Donnie Darko from the same guy. Anybody here seen southland tales? I wanted to check it out by myself but it has never been released in theaters where I live and I guess it will go straight to dvd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From /film:

"With the Festival de Cannes kicking off later this week, a bunch of new production photos have surfaced. First up is Steven Soderbergh’s Che, a pair of films (The Argentine and Guerrilla) starring Benicio Del Toro as Argentine revolutionary Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara de la Serna."

looks sweet

and quantum of soalce. crap title, but its the new bond movie.

my theory on bond films is if someone watched a bond film, pre daniel craig, with no knowledge of the whole franchise, they would think it was utter shite.

therefore the only reason for their popularity is that thwere is a whole backlog and its like a whole in joke.

now the films seem to stand on their own. much like, though not better than, the bourne trilogy

We need a thread like this do discuss movies you saw.

Wait, don't we have one?

I didn't search....

hmmmm

Anyway, yea, I just saw Ironman and I enjoyed it.

Here is where I admit that I've been enjoying quite a couple of big mainstream movies recently.... Sorry....

Look forward to:

- Indy

- Wall-E

- That new CGI Starwars thingy (not really looking forward, just very curious)

- WTWTA

and I know I'm forgetting some...

^ lucky! def wanna see that.

Ed Norton as The Incredible Hulk is sort of weird...but he's a good actor, might see it.

actually looking forward to The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

also, my brother showed me that StarWars cartoon thing...thinking about it, but not sure.

and of course going to see Sex and the City movie with my girls.

Going to a pre-premiere of "the kingdom of the crystal skull" tomorrow.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!

DAMMIT!

I'm so jealous Cotton!

Can't wait for it to come out - the first 10 times I'm seeing it with my brother or alone... after that, it's date movie material, haha