films you're looking forward to seeing

inglourious basterds should be ok , tarantino films are never bad on a first viewing

lol @ odb comment. yeah i think they wanted to release it for oscar bait time but it got pushed back, too much competition?...and if he's coming out right around march there's no chance he'll be up in 2010...russell crowe gladiator type win is pretty damn rare. I think Heath might pull it off for supporting actor.

well circumstances aside, maybe i havent seen enough films this year (which i really didn't watch that many), but can't think of a supporting performance better than Ledger's.

Best Actor is gonna be a tough race, i hope they give it to Mickey because fuck it, might as well. Brad Pitt has enough in the world being Brad Pitt, and Sean Penn don't need it anyway.

Notorious

Directed by George Tillman Jr. The life and death story of Notorious B.I.G. (a.k.a. Christopher Wallace), who came straight out of Brooklyn to take the world of hip-hop music by storm

Yeah. This. Film looks killer. I haven't seen the final product and I know a bunch of new voice-over was added during the mix but the movie is really really well done. Can't wait till it hits the screens in a month.

Yeah. This. Film looks killer. I haven't seen the final product and I know a bunch of new voice-over was added during the mix but the movie is really really well done. Can't wait till it hits the screens in a month.

Haven't seen any trailers or whatever, but saw some stills and I dunno...shit comes across to me like it's gonna be more of an unintentional parody than anything.

If they were gonna make a 90s hip hop movie, would much rather have seen a Death Row film beginning with Dr. Dre goin to do The Chronic and then ending with 7 Days Theory era/Pac's death. I think that shit would be a much better watch, blowing up spots, but i think Suge would probably try to put a lid on it a la Coppola getting threats while making Godfather.

if they do that, they better throw some Vanilla Ice in there lol

haven't thought about casting yet

i also thought about a serious Motown biopic, shit they're doin Cadillac Records why not Motown. Start with Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell and run straight through Supremes, Stevie, and movie ends with MJ doin moonwalk at the 25. Haven't thought about casting either but I think Jamie Foxx should play Marvin. Too bad he's no longer here, I think Altman would've done this project justice.

man there's like a million movie ideas already out there just browsing through 20th century events.

• 3 weeks later...
^^^

You're actually psyched for that movie?

I read a few pages of the script a few weeks back and I can say that it will be a decent film. When I first heard that Marlon Wayans was going to be in it, I was a little unsure of it. However, after reading the first few pages of the script, I discovered that he's one of the better characters of the film.

I read a few pages of the script a few weeks back and I can say that it will be a decent film. When I first heard that Marlon Wayans was going to be in it, I was a little unsure of it. However, after reading the first few pages of the script, I discovered that he's one of the better characters of the film.

haha you read first few pages of the script? i didn't read any and can tell you what will happen. bad guys do something bad, good guys try to fight them. they win the first fight but lose the next one. now every teenager thinks that bad guys will win but by some logically impossible coincidence the good guys prevail. welcome to every mass produced action garbage made in the last 10 years.