jmatsu's $0.00000000000002...

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

Same thing Jmatsu does, critisizing without actually showing he does it better. Theres critiquing, constructive critism and finally being a prick for the sake of being one. You say he's critiquing, wheres the constructive critism advice after the shit? Dude its heaps easy to sit around in your underpants behind the comp slagging people. YOU grow a dick. Piss off.

this card of "criticizing without actually showing he does it better" has been played over and over again. of the people i've made comments about, yes i do think i could do better then some, obviously not all. WHETHER I CAN/CANNOT is really inconsequential though. too me, this sentiment really has no firm bearing.

do you think that fashion critics could do better then alot of the designers/houses they comment upon?

is it necessary for food critics to have culinary experties?

do you think that ebert(or any respected film critic) could actually make more effective films then those of the directorsthey give negative reviews to?

i admit there have been times i've said some random shit that made little sense, but i usually try to explain why i've made the comment (this usually includes some advice).

the same goes for bullshit comments like "nice fit." "awesome." "i like it."

there is no support to really back up this type of hypothesis as well.

when it all comes down to it, negative sentiments and positive are all opinion. i will continue to state mine.

BTW: I HAVE MORE REP THEN YOU. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT/SOMEBODY AGREES WITH ME.

i probably come off as a dick. i can't deny that sentiment, but i don't care ... i think i come of as a dick "in the name of convenience."
My comment wasn't directed at you. At first I found you abrasive, but now I can appreciate your unapologetic position, even if I don't always agree with you.

Guest jmatsu
I love your frankness but I'll be frank here and say that it's tailor, not "taylor".

thanks. i would like to return the favor.

there should be a coma after frankness and the period at the end of your sentence should be inside of the last quotation mark.

Guest jmatsu
My comment wasn't directed at you. At first I found you abrasive, but now I can appreciate your unapologetic position, even if I don't always agree with you.

i'm not even tripping about it. we're just having a gentlemen's conversation, right?

this card of "criticizing without actually showing he does it better" has been played over and over again. of the people i've made comments about, yes i do think i could do better then some, obviously not all. WHETHER I CAN/CANNOT is really inconsequential though. too me, this sentiment really has no firm bearing.
I absolutely agree that the critic need not be as accomplished as the person being critiqued.

I think the point is that it's easier to make harsh (honest?) comments (critiques?) when you insulate yourself from receiving the same treatment by not putting yourself out there.

On the other hand, it's almost too late for you to post a pic under your own username because the responses will inevitably be skewed against you, fairly or not.

thanks. i would like to return the favor.

there should be a coma after frankness and the period at the end of your sentence should be inside of the last quotation mark.

Commas are subjective; and the period outside the quotation marks is actually a British convention.

Guest jmatsu
I absolutely agree that the critic need not be as accomplished as the person being critiqued.

I think the point that some are trying to make in a round-about way is that it's easier to make harsh/overt comments/critiques when you insulate yourself from receiving the same treatment by not putting yourself out there.

On the other hand, it's almost too late for you to post a pic under your own username because the responses will inevitably be skewed against you, fairly or not.

honestly, i have had friends post pics of a couple of my ensembles. some of them got praise, some were not liked.

i will def make it a priority to post a pic under my account though. whether it gets positive/negative (objective or not) commentary will still not hinder me from making honest comments though. i promise.

I think the point is that it's easier to make harsh (honest?) comments (critiques?) when you insulate yourself from receiving the same treatment by not putting yourself out there.

Look at the art critics--most of them can't paint or at the very least draw like a first year sketch student, but their commentaries are as acerbic and bitchy as a bunch of drunk transexuals.

Guest jmatsu
Commas are subjective; and the period outside the quotation marks is actually a British convention.

fair enough, but didn't the english language originate in britain? commas are subjective? to who? what do you mean?

i don't know how you people do it in constantinople...

fair enough, but didn't the english language originate in britain? commas are subjective? to who? what do you mean?

i don't know how you people do it in constantinople...

True enough. American English is a simplification of the British system which relies on a rather more complex structure.

Some people like to use commas to emphasize a pause or something. Either way, there are some people I know who use inordinate amounts of commas, surely not kosher.

I am not a Turk.

Guest jmatsu
Look at the art critics--most of them can't paint or at the very least draw like a first year sketch student, but their commentaries are as acerbic and bitchy as a bunch of drunk transexuals.

i'm curious.

which critics' commentaries "are as acerbic and bitchy as a bunch of drunk transexuals." sorry, but i don't personally know any transexuals, nor have i went out of my way to get them drunk. do tell. i'd be gratefull if you elaborated on the analogy of drunk transexuals (it's a little difficult for me/and other members to comprehend, because i've no experience with the sort).

i agree but you need an em dash after "art critics." you can't just put two hyphen-minuses in a row.

i'm curious.

which critics' commentaries "are as acerbic and bitchy as a bunch of drunk transexuals." sorry, but i don't personally know any transexuals, nor have i went out of my way to get them drunk. do tell. i'd be gratefull if you elaborated on the analogy of drunk transexuals (it's a little difficult for me/and other members to comprehend, because i've no experience with the sort).

Clement Greenberg, the lapsed Jew, for one.

He used to call his Jewish family and classmates, "vulgar whores with large noses, wearing golf hose and jewelry". There were a whole bunch of savory morsels he used to write about people he didn't like.

I've not had intimate interaction with transexuals myself--we have to talk to Lapo Elkann for that--but they have a reputation for being bitchy, rather like their less authentic brethren, the drag queens.

i agree but you need an em dash after "art critics." you can't just put two hyphen-minuses in a row.

I don't know how to create an authentic em dash on the keyboard. Therein, two dashes suffice for now.

I think you're the first to take issue with my double negatives; but like a pregnancy test, perhaps you shouldn't quibble.

Guest jmatsu
Clement Greenberg, the lapsed Jew, for one.

He used to call his Jewish family and classmates, "vulgar whores with large noses, wearing golf hose and jewelry". There were a whole bunch of savory morsels he used to write about people he didn't like.

my comments are not always the nicest, but i would like to think they maintain some integrity if properly comprehended and referrenced with their subjects' ensemble. at least i think they maintain a sort of equillibrium.

i knew you'd find some maniac spouting off random vaguely coherent insults. i would also be interested in seeing a pic of clement greenberg's family and classmates.

let's not beat around the bush. i take it you disapprove of my behavior on sufu, right?

Before jmatsu comes back and puts it more harshly, rep just started in the past couple of months.

Kelvyno, ever read this post?

I myself also have gave a few 'constructive criticism' towards a few members here. Most of them came off as me being a dick partly becuase I am just being honest. I'm not going to lie to myself and think fits on here are fantastic because other members are jamming it down my throat by saying it's exquisite. Everyone has their individual opinions on things. People aren't going to process information into their brain the same way as the average joe next to them. You should probably do research before comming at me like that. :cool:

Sycamore:Have YOU seen the reply? He's obviously taking the piss again. And if you do find one if which he gives praise and is constructive, so what? Ill find you 10 in which he's a prick for every 1 you find.

Jmatsu: Food and fashion critques usually have credetials or years of experience in their related industries that land them their jobs in the first place. Once again, not gonna take sex advice from a virgin. Some critiques do slag people off, but at least, they show their own faces and take it on the chin, Im also pretty sure if they judged people with the vocabulary you do, theyd have lost their jobs eons ago. Besides, to put things into perspective mate, this is a forum in which people post and discuss, not diss and let rip. Oh, and about the rep thing, youve joined 2 years prior to me, written about a 1000 more posts than i have, Im glad youve got more rep than me, if you didnt youd be pretty sad.

my comments are not always the nicest, but i would like to think they maintain some integrity if properly comprehended and referrenced with their subjects' ensemble. at least i think they maintain a sort of equillibrium.

i knew you'd find some maniac spouting off random vaguely coherent insults. i would also be interested in seeing a pic of clement greenberg's family and classmates.

let's not beat around the bush. i take it you disapprove of my behavior on sufu, right?

I, for one, love a good snide commentary, whether or not it properly contextualizes itself. Considering I have been banned three times for snide comments directed at the "honor members" of various forums, put into "Time-Out" twice, and warned numerous times about snarkiness, I don't disapprove of any of your behavior.

Indeed, the more acerbic the better for I have no qualms about criticism ; I like being the spectator and occassionaly, the participant.

Guest jmatsu

Jmatsu: Food and fashion critques usually have credetials or years of experience in their related industries that land them their jobs in the first place. Once again, not gonna take sex advice from a virgin. Some critiques do slag people off, but at least, they show their own faces and take it on the chin, Im also pretty sure if they judged people with the vocabulary you do, theyd have lost their jobs eons ago. Besides, to put things into perspective mate, this is a forum in which people post and discuss, not diss and let rip. Oh, and about the rep thing, youve joined 2 years prior to me, written about a 1000 more posts than i have, Im glad youve got more rep than me, if you didnt youd be pretty sad.

not that it even fucking matters, but just for your conversation's sake- i have been involved in the fashion industry somewhat. sales, fashion merchandising, adverstising, fashion magazines,buying, design and production. it's been 10 years and i still do work in the fashion/clothing industry. i don't have to show my face. for all that i know, some members aren't even posting their own pics or pieces from their actual wardrobes...

"i'm sure if they judged people with the vocabulary you do, they'd have lost their jobs eons ago." sufu is not my job. i have been hurling my shit for free, and i still have not been banned. this is what i do. i will not stop. if you don't feel comfortable with this, too bad. don't lose too much sleep, it's (as said by many a member) just the internet.

oh and about the rep thing: apparently rep started in the last couple of months, not years. also if everyone shared your feeling about my comments i would tend to think that i would have been negative-repped to oblivion.

i'm tired of repeating the obvious. if you don't like what i have to say, at least come at me i correctly and cease the record-skipping redundant regurgitation. why not just use the "ignore" function. stop embarrassing yourself.

not that it even fucking matters, but just for your conversation's sake- i have been involved in the fashion industry somewhat. sales, fashion merchandising, adverstising, fashion magazines,buying, design and production. it's been 10 years and i still do work in the fashion/clothing industry. i don't have to show my face. for all that i know, some members aren't even posting their own pics or pieces from their actual wardrobes...

"i'm sure if they judged people with the vocabulary you do, they'd have lost their jobs eons ago." sufu is not my job. i have been hurling my shit for free, and i still have not been banned. this is what i do. i will not stop. if you don't feel comfortable with this, too bad. don't lose too much sleep, it's (as said by many a member) just the internet.

oh and about the rep thing: apparently rep started in the last couple of months, not years. also if everyone shared your feeling about my comments i would tend to think that i would have been negative-repped to oblivion.

i'm tired of repeating the obvious. if you don't like what i have to say, at least come at me i correctly and cease the record-skipping redundant regurgitation. why not just use the "ignore" function. stop embarrassing yourself.

pwnedyy1.jpg

So much for "gentlemens conversation" eh? Right, lets say I believe you and your wealth of experience, Im sure theres a reason why non of those many colourful roles you've kept in your span of 10 years include fashion critiquing does it? Sure its not your job, but some of your comments have got nothing to do with the clothes people wear at all. Secondly, Ive got nothing against you, I couldnt be arsed if you got banned or not, I dont lose sleep over you, its just the comments you make, their not productive to say the very least, and trust me, Im being kind. Lastly, if you dont want me to regurgitate, stop making me do so, youve got more posts, youve got more rep, comprende? Oh and out of sheer curiousity, why dont you post pictures of yourself?