Denim Junkie Group Buy

knucks

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww. the new 15oz dj501xx doesn't have the star rivet. and it seems like the rivet doesn't have that leather? behind it either.

ok. and the description says something about adding a ducktail? so in that side picture that's not the guy's ass, but the jeans? pretty unflattering. he either has thunder thighs or the jeans make him look like he has thunder thighs.

help? beatle?

I dunno what you mean about it being the jeans and not his ass from the side, can you explain that better?

The new heavys do have leather behind the rivets, they have a lot of things the original don't have but I must admit that the star rivet is one of the best details. But it fits in better with the originals, with the land, sun, stars theme.

I think if your not 100% sure on the DJs then you should get something else. The heavys will feel light compared to the other jeans you mentioned...

I dunno what you mean about it being the jeans and not his ass from the side, can you explain that better?

The new heavys do have leather behind the rivets, they have a lot of things the original don't have but I must admit that the star rivet is one of the best details. But it fits in better with the originals, with the land, sun, stars theme.

I think if your not 100% sure on the DJs then you should get something else. The heavys will feel light compared to the other jeans you mentioned...

like. in the description it says

"Modifying the silhouette delicately from DJ-501XX 14oz. It decreased the degree of flare of the hem than 14oz version, the hip part added the element of the duck tail a little. With that, it has reached the point where it got near to the shape of generally known 501 than in the past"

and it looks like he has a pretty big ass flare. haha like he suggests a duck tail. and yeah i really liked the sun button with the star rivets and -_- man. he doesn't make them by hand anymroe right? or did he ever use to make them all by hand?

and i'm kinda scared to go into super heavy. and i remember some dude saying that the texas cotton in the s5000vxs made him bleed or something. -_- maybe it was a joke.

anyways. they're still pretty cool. imo the leather patch is the coolest. i didn't realize the two leather patches with the X was for 501XX.

The heavy is suppose to be cloesr to a repro 501 than the past one which had a cut based from the regular ralf. The ass is cut pretty big though I must say. But I don't think it looks bad on D/J in that pic.

On the topic of other jeans, I don't think the 5000 is texas cotton, its not as rough as the 500 model. It still rough but sams soften up very quickly even though they are intially very stiff. I'm sure you'll be fine, they won't make you bleed, they're not the tightest cut either, just slim.

oh and it seems like from the pictures he posted of the 501xx at 180 days that they dont' get much hige and atari? beatle, dont u have a pair? how are they coming along?

I think the reason they aren't getting much wear in terms of creases is due to the denim and the way he wears them. The regulars are zimbabwe cotton which is actually very soft, so the creases don't hold so well but they are very comfortable. D/J also likes to wear his jeans on the more slouchy side, which doesn't always create the best whiskers either.

The heavys have every good denim for fading though I'd say, very dark, stiff and creases well.

Fading sample of Horseriders (same denim as heavy 501xx)

hrspec40qf9.jpg

The heavy is suppose to be cloesr to a repro 501 than the past one which had a cut based from the regular ralf. The ass is cut pretty big though I must say. But I don't think it looks bad on D/J in that pic.

I think it lookes very good on D/J in that pic actually, I still prefer the original cut tho, als little correction, the original dj-501xx is in fact based on the original 501 cut, but with alterations inspired on the Regular Ralf, so that it would fit the typical Japanese male better...

oh yeah, D/J never made these by hand himself, a small factory is making these for him as he himself isn't a taylor or anything by profession, that is what he told me ;)

Guest El Salvador

Good to see there's some Denim Junkie interest again on SuFu. I'm sure DJ would be delighted :)

My regular 14oz pair is shipped out soon. Can't wait to get it..

Here's his blog:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.denim-junkie.com%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

There's some more info/pics on there and it should be fun to see some notorious people in there ;)

btw that fading picture is from the 10 years model. They are not the Horse Riders, though they use the same denim, but the dying process differs hence the darker/almost black color of the Horse Riders. However, I guess the fading will be similar.

I'm not sure, but I think in terms of color, the 15oz heavy is similar to the 10 years?

and I don't think the language is a problem, I mailed quite alot with D/J, never had any language problems