Tattoos

Long term aftercare advice:

Do y'all continue to moisture your tattoos daily? 

Thx!

I take care of my tattoos 5-7 times a week.

I had the same thought that jake431 had, and I really dont mind since it just kind of became part of my morning routine now before i put on pants.(I only have one leg tattooed.)

Further Who are your Must Sees in NYC.  I am going for my birthday this year and want to book an appointment (if i can) or try and get a walkin.  So who do I need to see?

Edited by FLDenim211

Managed to book an appointment in AKA with Timor for 2 small things. Wanted to ask anyone who's gotten ones there before how the process goes about?

Mainly asking as I just sent him several odd travel photos for reference. I'm curious if it's custom for them to just illustrate it immediately prior or does it happen a couple days prior / would it be kosher to ask what he has in mind, etc.?

Have not been to aka Berlin but have been to aka London. Different artists work in different ways, some will get sketches down days in advance, some will do it all on the day. It also depends on the size and how much guidance you give them. It is totally cool to discuss it with him and make sure it is going in the right direction.

^ oui, that's what I meant. I'm quite excited for what he was in mind—though concerned because I've seen how varied work from the same artist can get.

Last question, hourly rates are computed upon arrival or when the needles come out? Working within a finite budget wherein this is a concern.

Edited by WillKhitie

I've never experienced that being stopped with a clock. And it doesn't matter much to me - when an artist does a good Job, draws the motive in advance, talks a bit about placement, prepares his stuff and then gets to work, I don't care wether he charges me 50 bucks for that time or not. The price is my 8th concern when I get tattooed at best.

Edited by Max Power

^ troo troo

Apologies for the neg righty, mobile browsing—danke for the concern.

Don't worry gais, I'm just budgeting cash. Will post photos post session. 

Hopefully I've enough time/money for two bits.

It's cool man, I with Dex though priorities and shit. 

Got this outline from Dave Reed the other day finishing it this week. 

vwckUXS.jpg

Edited by Rightyow77

anyone have any experience with alvaro flores in melbourne, australia? 

emailed him and he got back straight away with a form to fill out. filled out the form and i haven't heard from him since. it's been over a month now. is this the norm?

I understand the price question and for me it's more about knowing you're getting a good deal when compared to similar artists more than being cheap. I do that with pretty much everything I buy, I like to research it and I don't really find it offending.

Got a quote locally for something I want done from an artist i like, would probably take 1 to  2 hours to get done, quote was 200-300 euros, which made me wonder if it was just worth it instead to book a trip to berlin and get it done there. I wonder how much Philippe Fernandez or one of the other AKA residents would charge for something similar. Any ideias?

^ Timor who is a resident charged me around 150EUR/hr—the time thing/issue is also largely malleable as I found. Plus points that the guy is extra kind, hilarious, accommodating / all around cool.

I don't think I could not say the same everyone at the shop which was a surprise too. Might've been overly giddy but fuck, I flew across the world, crossed an ocean, took AirFrance, rode EasyJet, and saw 4 cars on fire outside my window 8 hrs. prior—I'll be as giddy as I fucking want to.