Tattoos

Serge negged me, "nah" then asked that question which i find funny and ironic. Mario has good traditional work. Hes a good artist, definitely not the best in Chicago. Pretty sure any artist at Deluxe could replicate his stuff if not do it better. Ben, Tim, Harlan, Hannah, the list goes on (in no particular order.)

http://www.deluxetattoo.com/main_new.html

Couple new links/articles for fun:

http://www.playboy.com/articles/best-tattoo-parlors/index.html

http://www.playboy.com/articles/tattoos-chicago-deluxe-tattoo/index.html

Harlan is my boy.

is there a shop better than o'reilly's in california? They have dan wysuph, (hori)Klem and adam barton (who i think im going to go to)

Heard humble beginnings in san jose is good too. State of grace is always top notch but im looking for traditional work so they are off my radar. Suggestions?

Serge negged me, "nah" then asked that question which i find funny and ironic. Mario has good traditional work. Hes a good artist, definitely not the best in Chicago. Pretty sure any artist at Deluxe could replicate his stuff if not do it better. Ben, Tim, Harlan, Hannah, the list goes on (in no particular order.)

http://www.deluxetattoo.com/main_new.html

Couple new links/articles for fun:

http://www.playboy.com/articles/best-tattoo-parlors/index.html

http://www.playboy.com/articles/tattoos-chicago-deluxe-tattoo/index.html

Harlan is my boy.

I've gotten tattooed by Harlan and Jason Vaughn at Deluxe, and have no complaints. Jason is who I'd go back to; he did my half sleeve.

Here is a tattoo I got last fall to show my love of Indigo. It's the indigo molecule along with a sprig of the True Indigo plant growing out of it. Designed by my tattoo artist, Jason Vaughn at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago.

DSCN1490.jpg?t=1232917528

Also, here are some pictures of my finished half sleeve. Last year I posted some pictures of it in various states of completion, but here is the finished work. Once again, it is a design of Jason Vaughn's creation - he based it on an entry of my Grandfather's wartime diary (He is the co-pilot of the B-24 Liberator in the tattoo). He works at Deluxe Tattoo.

DSCN1494.jpg?t=1232918353

DSCN1500.jpg?t=1232918580

DSCN1499.jpg?t=1232918434

DSCN1498.jpg?t=1232918456

DSCN1497.jpg?t=1232918480

DSCN1496.jpg?t=1232918504

Cool man, Harlan did my 3/4 which I am extending to full. My appt is Sept 6... You have any pix of your stuff by them?

See above! That's all Jason's work. Harlan did my first tatoo ever, and he probably hates me because it was a gift and the person who gave it to me did not tip him. I made sure to tip Jason well for the work he did.

-Jake

Homie I know Ben Wah and his wife Alison so please do not try and drop knowledge. What I offered was my opinion which often seems to be rivaled by your own. Jake can back me up on this.

The work done at Deluxe is of the highest regard but IMO the finest traditional tattoo artist in the city of Chicago holding true to the roots of the art form yet adding his own touch would be Mario Desa. If I were looking for deluxe like tattoos I would hit up Guy Aitchison a few hours out of Chicago. I think most of Ben's work was done by Guy.

www.jeffzuck.com is the tops behind grime and a few others in my eyes.

Homie I know Ben Wah and his wife Alison so please do not try and drop knowledge. What I offered was my opinion which often seems to be rivaled by your own. Jake can back me up on this.

The work done at Deluxe is of the highest regard but IMO the finest traditional tattoo artist in the city of Chicago holding true to the roots of the art form yet adding his own touch would be Mario Desa. If I were looking for deluxe like tattoos I would hit up Guy Aitchison a few hours out of Chicago. I think most of Ben's work was done by Guy.

www.jeffzuck.com is the tops behind grime and a few others in my eyes.

Wasnt "dropping knowledge" as Im sure anyone from Chicago would know of Deluxe. Props to you on knowing Ben, hes a cool ass dude from what I could tell from the many hours Ive been in there. About anything anyone says to you, you get defensive and suddenly know it all so Ill leave you to your humble self.

EDIT - Jake, nice stuff!

I love watching you guys fight. Should be a hockey rink, and you two could drop the gloves.

Mario's traditional work definitely seems to be on point. I've only gotten one tattoo at Mario's place, a long time ago, and frankly it sucks, but I don't remember who did it - and I am sure it wasn't Mario. I go to Deluxe because my well tattooed friends have all gone there (mostly to Tim, though my friend Joel used to get work by Ben) and I like their work. Good work is where you find it, eh?

-Jake

I checked out deluxe a while back. The person I'll probably be with the most is real buddy buddy with people at Family Tattoo, but I'm not interested in that really at all. ... where abouts is Deluxe anyway? I just got off an 11 hour work day, humor me.

And yes, I am legitimately too lazy to click that link. Spare it.

---------------- Now playing: Twista - Hustla

I checked out deluxe a while back. The person I'll probably be with the most is real buddy buddy with people at Family Tattoo, but I'm not interested in that really at all. ... where abouts is Deluxe anyway? I just got off an 11 hour work day, humor me.

And yes, I am legitimately too lazy to click that link. Spare it.

Family is legit. Check them out.

Why are we always moving in the same direction? I've got this thing for Russian Mafia tatts. I really hope people don't trend on that.

would i be wrongly or rightly scared of what would happen to me if i had russian mafia tattoos and someone from the russian mafia saw them

would they just lol

would i be wrongly or rightly scared of what would happen to me if i had russian mafia tattoos and someone from the russian mafia saw them

would they just lol

i think they may do more than just lol. i know that if someone ended up in prison who had "fake" prison tattoos, they would cut them off.

:(

Depends. A lot of it is code, a lot of it is posturing. Any gang-related tattoos are going to be questioned by those of its ranks and the unaware general public. Russian mafia members often have Nazi imagery on them. They're white gangs. These are people who aren't afraid of answering for their posturing.

this brings to mind how i think i could pull off a believable charles manson by this halloween but how uncertain i am of my safety walking around new york city with a swastika on my forehead..

you could just go for the X instead. although if you went full out w/ wild hair, beard and an orange jumpsuit you could probably make it with the swastika.

as far as the prison tattoos, francis got it, there's definitely a code that will be enforced. some other russian prison tattoo doc i saw on tv had an interview with a very heavy duty russian criminal and he'd said that if someone who walks the walk were to see someone in a bathhouse or somewhere else where their tattoos were visible and the person seemed soft, they'd ask them about it and pull their card.

although if you watch mark of cain, there's a lot of the old timers talking about how the "criminal class" in the former soviet union doesn't really keep to the code of the old school criminals.

as far as the prison tattoos, francis got it, there's definitely a code that will be enforced. some other russian prison tattoo doc i saw on tv had an interview with a very heavy duty russian criminal and he'd said that if someone who walks the walk were to see someone in a bathhouse or somewhere else where their tattoos were visible and the person seemed soft, they'd ask them about it and pull their card.

the thing is not everyone in the russian prison system is a heavy duty gangster. a lot of them are (literal) thieves or junkies... and a lot of them were soft, which is why eg killer for hire tattoos exist.