Two new ones, both from Andrew at Chapel Tattoo

9782769101_10972326aa_c.jpg

9782973656_6439c0dac5_c.jpg

(design by Steve Boltz)

how long is the wait with andrew?

He is about to take some time off for a holiday.

Depending on the size of the piece 2 weeks for small and up to a month for something big roughly.

^love it.

I got something new too. Done in 8 hours by Annie Frenzel, to complete my sleeve. (Might take some better pictures soon).

df7f.jpg

vhmb.jpg
tpco.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Hand drawings +stencil, outlines, shades and colours all around my lower arm, yes. And we didn't do much breaks.

Edited by Max Power

I came to this page to browse but now I am getting the itch.

Anybody got any recommendations for LA - Black and grey, hand drawing style ala Duncan X, Liam Sparkes, Phillip Yarnell etc. 

Here for two months, and feel like getting something and just want to make sure its in a similar vain to my other stuff. 

I'm in the same boat as you but SF has a good amount of artists that do black work if you don't mind the drive. First stop as soon as I get to go back to California. Eric Jacobsen at Idle Hand, Michael Bennet at 2Spirit, and the rest of 2Spirit do black work, too.

Got a new appointment with my tattoo artist in Nowember. Just too many ideas right now to choose which one to go for!

Got a new appointment with my tattoo artist in Nowember. Just too many ideas right now to choose which one to go for!

Cancel it..

Nothing worse then not knowing what you want and getting inked..I only have moko so there was little say in it for me( and I been blessed with a brother from another mother inking me But I have friends whose tats seemed like a good idea at the time and now are in laser or under  cover ups

Cancel it..

Nothing worse then not knowing what you want and getting inked..I only have moko so there was little say in it for me( and I been blessed with a brother from another mother inking me But I have friends whose tats seemed like a good idea at the time and now are in laser or under  cover ups

No, it's not like that. I know what to get. Just not what to do this session!

I'm in the same boat as you but SF has a good amount of artists that do black work if you don't mind the drive. First stop as soon as I get to go back to California. Eric Jacobsen at Idle Hand, Michael Bennet at 2Spirit, and the rest of 2Spirit do black work, too.

I got a couple pieces from Erik... he does good work... pretty fast too

2 new appointments made...can't fucking wait :)

Edited by ThinFinn

I got a couple pieces from Erik... he does good work... pretty fast too

Yeah, I heard he's pretty quick, too. I talked to him for a bit when I was in SF and he was really cool. I had an appointment with Michael at 2spirit but stuff went down and he had to cancel day of. I'm thinking of going to both of them when I get back in January, though

yea michael bennets shit is cool... cant get down with the geometric stuff tho

Eh, some people really don't dig that sorta shit but I really like mandalas and the such. I'm kinda of a tanner dude so I'm gonna try to stick with black work. Dillon Forte is in the bay and has some pretty cool stuff, too. I was hoping to get some forearm work done but the workplace is changing the rules about shit you can see in a t shirt

Do you know of any places that do similar black work to Michael and Erik in LA? I've been looking but can't find shit

Edited by tu_madre51

Mutsuot from Three Tides Tattoo will be guest spotting at Analog in San Jose Oct 29th-30th...If you're around the area and looking for some dope japanese work... this is your chance!!

ca7c0552239011e3b4f022000a1f9ac6_7.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

myles karr and chris conn askew.

Wow, that quarter looks real.

But seriously, who doesn't love Beaker? Awesome.

2ced7b7c412711e3ada222000a9f3cf6_7.jpg

forgive me for the instagram filter. started this last weekend, left thigh.

Anybody out there have tattoos of peonies? I'm digging flower tattoos a lot but I've seen so many tacky ones and not enough well designed tattoos of flowers out there. :/ 

A75qbdM.png

I want more cherry blossoms below the rose and thinking about maybe adding two green leaves to the rose. Working on my sleeve, I need more contrast and I want peonies so bad! 

Got my appointment this January for Michael Bennet and Eric Jacobsen soon. Tooo stoked

Edited by tu_madre51