Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I'm set on buying the John Varvatos Vintage after having a sample today. I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to colgne but I rather enjoyed the fragrance. Will this work as a day-to-day fragrance? It seemed subtle enough and I'm only a student so...

I know I get repetitive with these questions, but can you guys recommend a good cinnamon, vanilla, and cocunut scent? I want something warm. Oh, and does anyone know of any scents that smell like marijuana?

edit: Has anyone tried that Ruehl cologne?

I'm set on buying the John Varvatos Vintage after having a sample today. I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to colgne but I rather enjoyed the fragrance. Will this work as a day-to-day fragrance? It seemed subtle enough and I'm only a student so...

I'd say its a good daytime cologne.

I know I get repetitive with these questions, but can you guys recommend a good cinnamon, vanilla, and cocunut scent? I want something warm. Oh, and does anyone know of any scents that smell like marijuana?

edit: Has anyone tried that Ruehl cologne?

Try Rousse by Serge Lutens...a dry cinnamon scent...and almost all of his stuff has vanilla in the base. Coconut's a trickier one...Comptoir Sud Pacifique made a lot of vanilla based scents...lots of coconut options too. They tend to smell like dessert though.

Cannabis Santal is probably the closets thing you'll get to smelling like marijuana without the real thing...

Comptoir Sud Pacifique looks a bit cheap, like a French axe or something, judging from their site. Can you give me some insight?

Anyone else have some suggestions?

Ha...they're usually over $100/bottle, so they're not that cheap. Some of their stuff is childish, but their men's scents are quite unique. If you come across Ecume de The (Tea), make sure you try it.

Did you look at Serge Lutens? Its probably the most highly regarded perfume house around.

I think I'm gonna order a sample or them both and see how i like it. They make some of my most favorite scents though.

I also gotta try a few of those new 'sweet' scents.

If you have $50 to spare...luckyscent has a sample pack of those two scents, all the lutens scents, and some of the super-pricey l'artisan samples.