Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I spoke to a girl at CdG in ny the other week about Lux and she said they don't know much. She said it will be out before christmas and it will have some very rare ingredients. It will also be very expensive :(

I have a job close to the store next week so I'll check if they have the new series.

From that guys' blog: http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl/2007/07/Nowe-perfumy-CdG-LUXE-Patchouli-i-Champaca-The.html

xpph7l.jpg

"The new perfumes from CdG, LUXE series with two perfumes Patchouli and Champaca.

It's a whole new Comme's concept in perfumes: luxury - using rare and high quality ingredients. I mean CdG never accentuated the quality of the ingredients before, but unusual concepts. These also have kind of spiritual feelings, not that seriousand religious like the Incense series, though. The fragrances come in two types of bottles, semi hand made. The juices have high concentration (20%) - higher than EdP. The smells develope nicely on skin, more like a perfume than the EdT or EdP - they are strong but gentle at the same time. If you use perfumes, not EdTs or EdPs, you will know what I mean:-) They are also expensive - 200 euro for bigger botles if I remember right.

The Champaca is like a real flower, reminds me of ylang - ylang, but I don't find the note on the list. Notes are:

Head: white pepper, angelica, cardamon

Heart: champaca, bird pepper, tuberose

Base: white musk, iris wood.

The Patchouli is bitter, earthy, coffee, very very good:-) not that sweet as Wood Coffee, but not that strong and dark as Serge Lutens's Arabie. Notes are:

Head: white pepper, fenugreek, lovege (have no idea what are the later two)

Heart: oak extract, opoponax, patchouli

Base: cedar, vanilla, sandalwood, vetyver."

It would have to be something really magnificent to make me spend 200 euro on a bottle. I guess it should last a lot longer with higher concentration but either way that's way more than other CdG fragrances.

yeah, true, this is one of the reasons why i wanna know what they smell like and how long they last on skin to justify the price tag.

although i must say that he didn't mention what«s the volume for the bottle that costs 200 euros, so it may not be as unreasonable as it first sounds if the it is for example a 400ml bottle

gimme, id rep you, again but i cant... thanks for the info. i fell in love with champaca in bali, its such an incredible smell. very curious about both of them, but the price is a bit steep... thanks again for the musc ravageur tip, its rocking my world...

I just got some decants of

1740 by Histoires de Parfums

1969 by Histories de Parfums

Virgin Island Water by Creed

Bois de Cedrat by Creed

The most interesting one is the 1740, it has notes of cigarettes and vodka and it's growing on me.

CdG puts out way too many fragrances too quickly. And the toll of this rapid development cycle shows in the end product. I love their concepts and ambitions, but they really need to cut back and go for quality over quantity. The majority of CdG scents just dont make a lasting impression and just cant justify the steep price tag.

CdG puts out way too many fragrances too quickly. And the toll of this rapid development cycle shows in the end product. I love their concepts and ambitions, but they really need to cut back and go for quality over quantity. The majority of CdG scents just dont make a lasting impression and just cant justify the steep price tag.

I agree that they put out a lot of new releases...but you have to agree that its not often that they don't make an impact. I guess they have a different way of approaching things...release a wide variety so the buyer can pick their preference. Other companies would skip releasing a series of scents and only release one, which would be a like-it-or-not situation. Leave it to CDG to stray from the typical way of approaching things.

I got all those samples in the mail today. Tried on Sequoia and Divine-l'homme Sage so far.

I like Sequoia but smelling like a tree could get old fast. Would be nice to wear as a pick me up every now and then but I'm not sure I could see myself wearing this on a regular basis.

My first impressions of Sage are not great. It's very warm and sweet for a men's frag. Closest comparison I can draw is Le Male, or... baby oil? Well, it's not THAT potent but hmm, could be a grower... we'll see.

More updates when I try the rest.

I got all those samples in the mail today. Tried on Sequoia and Divine-l'homme Sage so far.

I like Sequoia but smelling like a tree could get old fast. Would be nice to wear as a pick me up every now and then but I'm not sure I could see myself wearing this on a regular basis.

My first impressions of Sage are not great. It's very warm and sweet for a men's frag. Closest comparison I can draw is Le Male, or... baby oil? Well, it's not THAT potent but hmm, could be a grower... we'll see.

More updates when I try the rest.

If l'homme sage is anything like le male...I want nothing to do with it.

any fragrances you know in particular>?

Both CdG Sequoia and Kyoto have strong woodsy notes

If l'homme sage is anything like le male...I want nothing to do with it.

I have to give it a few more wears to make a definite remark. The comparison to Le Male was the first I could make. It's not identical, but same "genre" perhaps.

I have to give it a few more wears to make a definite remark. The comparison to Le Male was the first I could make. It's not identical, but same "genre" perhaps.

I really avoid "sweet" smelling colognes....and anything that smells like food. Le Male smells like cake to me. Same with A*men. I can appreciate vanilla as part of perfumery, but I can't get into chocolate and caramel and shit like that.

CDG seems to be the most popular topic in here...so here's so more info on their new scents c/o colette. Even I wouldn't pay this kinda $$$.

Champaca - 170 euros

Patchouli - 190 euros

Two different shaped bottles available - both 45ml EDP (about 1.5 oz.).

Patchouli is one of the cheapest ingredients available...strange that they would based a whole fragrance on it in the "Luxe" series. They say its Sumatran patchouli "of the best quality in existence".

2lkbh1d.jpg

People who look for specific scents in frangrances would benefit from looking at Escentual.co.uk, this site has always answered my questions about fragrances giving accurate descriptions.

I'm suprised there aren't any fragrances in the supermarket. Seems like a lot of people get bored with the same scent pretty quickly, and most have decent resale.

Not the main appeal on this board...but if you're looking for something or want to unload something, there's a marketplace on Basenotes.

I just got some tester vials from the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

I think im gonna get a big bottle of Dorian (which smells like strong black tea and vanilla biscuits on my skin) for everyday daytime use, and a lil bottle of Tezcatlipoca (think of a dark chocolate covered leather jacket) for those nights out when I need to feel like a manly man.

I just got some tester vials from the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

I think im gonna get a big bottle of Dorian (which smells like strong black tea and vanilla biscuits on my skin) for everyday daytime use, and a lil bottle of Tezcatlipoca (think of a dark chocolate covered leather jacket) for those nights out when I need to feel like a manly man.

how much do you apply, and where? I am assuming a little goes a long way, as they are oils.

did you order from the web site, or is there a place in SF to get them?

how much do you apply, and where? I am assuming a little goes a long way, as they are oils.

did you order from the web site, or is there a place in SF to get them?

Lots of info on their stuff here. Lots of their scents seem to be "novelty"...sort of like Demeter.

Oils are pretty potent, as you said...you only need a dab on your wrists and neck/behind your ears. Best applied on pulsepoints.