Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I think the ad did its job then, I never tried it.

I'd say just go to Barneys or something and try it before you buy could be a snoozer or it might be the panty dropping fragrance you were looking for just like the ad.

anyone tried Tom Ford?? The ad just makes me want to buy it....

I've tried the various TF fragrances, and own Grey Vetiver. Tom Ford (the frag) isn't worth spending money on, pretty bland and unexciting IMO.

i'm curious about the CDG / undercover fragrances.

http://www.porvocacao.com/

Holygrace ~ “a perfume of elegance, soap freshness and poisonâ€, featuring notes of bergamot, ginger and pepper.

Holygrapie ~ “this perfume reflects the smell of babies, kindness and sensuality.â€

hmm smell of babies eh, wonder it they mean real babies or baby dolls.

I've tried the various TF fragrances, and own Grey Vetiver. Tom Ford (the frag) isn't worth spending money on, pretty bland and unexciting IMO.

been meaning to try grey vetiver. How is it? Is it a clean or dirty vetiver scent?

I've been using YSL Live Jazz this past S/S, and love it but it's not a winter scent at all, so looking for one that would work in colder temperatures but versatile enoguh to last till next spring at least.

Currently tossed up between Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme EDT and Givenchy Vetyver. I've tested the former and like it but not the latter, which I've only just discovered and seems good.

Anyone have any experience in these?

I've been using YSL Live Jazz this past S/S, and love it but it's not a winter scent at all, so looking for one that would work in colder temperatures but versatile enoguh to last till next spring at least.

Currently tossed up between Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme EDT and Givenchy Vetyver. I've tested the former and like it but not the latter, which I've only just discovered and seems good.

Well Givenchy Vetyver isn't really a fall/winter scent but hey if you like it doesn't matter. If you like L'Instant you can try the extreme version.

feeling the byredo baudelaire over chembur now

also this le labo stuff is OK.. the 'rose' is kinda cool, very light; i like their 'vetiver' too

but i still have a boner for the monocle hinoki for some reason

feeling the byredo baudelaire over chembur now

also this le labo stuff is OK.. the 'rose' is kinda cool, very light; i like their 'vetiver' too

but i still have a boner for the monocle hinoki for some reason

only byredo I tried was fantastic man, was alright didn't love it

those are the only 2 I like from le labo also.

Hinoki still on my rotation, loved it at first now its just alright. still like it just not crazy over it

Didnt know there was an extreme version of Guerlain L'instant. Ive used the original for years, I think it has a lovely balance between sweet feminine notes and masculine animal notes. Cardamom and Cum! It also has a great staying power and develops well into a smooth smell. Seriously you wont be disappointed by L'instant.

If you want a summer scent Chanel pour monsieur is quite fresh but smooth too....

I have a bottle of Ormonde Jayne - Zizan.

Great fragrance but gives me hay-fever unfortunately, anyone want to trade it for something else? About 3/4 of a bottle left.

guess you are allergic to one of the ingredients in the fragrance, I'm guessing the vetiver?

I have a bottle of Six Scents Series 1 No.4 if you are interested in swapping for it.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=199224

its not out yet but it sounds like if you like woody and more wood plus some woods in your scents this is gonna be it.

"The scent is made up of three different types of woods, Oud, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Cypress wood and Gaiac wood. Woody notes: Patchouli, vetyver and synthetic woods: Javanol, Cashmeran and Pachminol."

Lets see how much Oud they put in this and hope the drydown is not some generic cedar/iso e super crap

• 1 month later...

OK, so i finally got a chance to try on CdG Wonderwood and the Undercover fragrances....

CdG Wonderwood (~$95 for 100ml) smells like a fuckin block of cedar (in a good way). it's like smelling my shoe-tree in a forest, awesome. more masculine than holygrace by a mile

Holygrace (~$120 for 50ml) kinda sweet smelling, but a tiny bit of incense level that keeps it semi-unisex. but it tends to be a bit fem in a mysterious way (for a dude)

Holygrapie (~$120)- yup, the reviews are true. you gotta just smell this for yourself. smells like a fuckin baby. and baby powder. and baby products.

So, I am basically stuck between Wonderwood and Holygrace for my next fragrance buy. If anyone can find me places that offer these for cheaper, it would be greatly appreciated..

ANyone else try these? help me decide :o

downside to smelling nice:

i work in a lab, but closely with the factory as well. the other day this guy at the factory stopped me when i was making my rounds and said "you smell nice". disturbing.

not-hot KAG coworker has also mentioned this several times and is giving me more attention than i'm comfortable with.

fyi, i'm wearing L' Instant De Guerlain.

anyway, not sure if it's been discussed in this thread yet but anyone here tried/use/smelt CB I Hate Perfume? Intrigued but don't really see how it'd work IRL.

^i have CDG incense sticks. i think it depends on which scent you want, since you can probably find other incense that smell similar to avignon and kyoto. but yeah, they are really overpriced now, although i dont think they were always this expensive..

i dunno what makes an incense stick a classy one, but if you could find a place that makes/dips their own incense sticks, you will have a lot of options and they are a LOT cheaper.

Thanks for the info. Well, i own zagorsk in the scent, so I'd probably go with jaisalmer or ourzazate if I were to get the sticks. Hows the quality of the sticks as in, is the smell pretty pure and well dispersed, and how long do they last?

As for "classy" incense, I guess I just mean something you wouldn't find in the average headshop, nag champa etc.

Yeah they smell good (at least kyoto and oazarate do) and burn well. They are solid, meaning there's no stick in the center, just solid incense. However, each stick is kind of small, maybe 5-6 inches. I don't remember exactly how long they last, but its enough to fill the room and then some. They are nice but I probably won't buy again. For the price I would probably a cdg candle instead, which I also have and keeps my room smelling nice even when its not lit.

• 4 weeks later...

i just bought a small bottle of givenchy pi

J-beezy approved.

I've had Kyoto and Guerilla 2.

They are decent but I don't think they make girls moist.

That is all