Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Yo let's resurrect this shit

Somebody recommend me a nice spring/summer scent. I live in southern california, and our winters are like 45 degrees ºF. So heavy, woodsy odors are out, something lighter and less musky is what I'm looking for. Help?

try Original Vetiver by Creed, really clean and lasts a while

I'm looking for a new fragrance, any suggestions based on the following:

Have been using Terre d'hermes for a while, and quite like it, but would like a change.

Like peppery sents, and citrus. Recently tried the Dover St Market and enjoyed that.

Have a problem with hayfever so cant really handle powdery sents.

Yo let's resurrect this shit

Somebody recommend me a nice spring/summer scent. I live in southern california, and our winters are like 45 degrees ºF. So heavy, woodsy odors are out, something lighter and less musky is what I'm looking for. Help?

Mugler Cologne - nice fresh scent based on traditonal colgnes but this is a more modern interpretation, great for hot weather.

CDG Odeur 53 or 71 - both of these are pretty light scents lots of weird notes and you can probably smell a variety of things but nothing too extreme. Both very clean smelling scents with quirkiness.

Ormonde Jayne Zizan - Theeeeee vetiver scent for hot weather forget Creed's Original Vetiver.

Bulgari pour Homme - Citrus top with tea and pepper notes, a light and fresh take on masculine scents, very unique due to the tea note.

Diptyque Philosykos - Figs and white cedar, simple but awesome combo that makes a nice summer scent, a sweet scent but works on both men and women.

I'm looking for a new fragrance, any suggestions based on the following:

Have been using Terre d'hermes for a while, and quite like it, but would like a change.

Like peppery sents, and citrus. Recently tried the Dover St Market and enjoyed that.

Have a problem with hayfever so cant really handle powdery sents.

Terre d Hermes is a very smoky scent with vetiver also. I'd say if you looking for something lighter try Ormonde Jayne - Zizan. Or if you like the smokiness CDG 2 Man

i'm looking to purchase cartier declaration essence scent after i tried it at sephora....is CDG Kyoto scent similar to cartier declaration essence scent? both of them are so woody?

not similar at all

@ DJ Flame - I'd say go for Antaeus

Anyone seen a review or tried the new Margiela? Also, reiterate request for thoughts on the new Monocle. Cheers.

haven't tried it yet might get a sample soon, but from what I've read alot of people compare it to French Lover from FM, a dirty green grassy scent with spices, black pepper and woods

i use Sixth Scents #2 Bernhard Willhelm (series 1) as my lighter scent. it's light, fresh and watery.. but some people think it's too light. sevennewyork has it.

cdg odeur 53 or 71

also, opinions on the new monocle scent?

have you sampled cdg odeur 53 or 71 yet? this is just my opinion, but i think it's a little weird on doods, but real nice on a girl. perhaps its just the way it works with my skin... i sampled O53 once and later that day my roommate asked if i was wearing women's perfume. so yeah, sample before making a decision.

i tried the new monocle cdg laurel, but sorry i forgot what my impression was. i only remember that i liked Hinoki a lot more.

i have tried both, i prefer odeur 53, and wear it quite a bit. i do not find them feminine at all, just light. but then again i love bois d'argent and some would call that feminine.

neither of the monocle scents have impressed me. i tested them side by side at cdg and they were too similar and too mediocre in my opinion. still say the dover street market is way better if you are looking for something along those lines.

neither of the monocle scents have impressed me. i tested them side by side at cdg and they were too similar and too mediocre in my opinion. still say the dover street market is way better if you are looking for something along those lines.

I haven't tried Laurel yet but I highly doubt its anything similar to Hinoki just looking from the notes.

As for Dover its nice but its a incense scent with some woody notes which can be found in the CDG incense series or if you like woods more then get the RED series. Nothing new with DSM that CDG hasn't done before.

Should try artek too if you like Odeur 53 or the Incense/Synthetic series.

I think I'll pick up some. it's cheap enough where I don't mind buying it unsampled, especially considering Luckyscent still charges $3 for less than an mL sample.

Then again, I just noticed L'Artisan took Dzing off their website. So, discontinued??? I wanted to pick up a bottle for a while, but I kept putting it off not wanting to pay over $100 for a scent.

I think I'll pick up some. it's cheap enough where I don't mind buying it unsampled, especially considering Luckyscent still charges $3 for less than an mL sample.

Then again, I just noticed L'Artisan took Dzing off their website. So, discontinued??? I wanted to pick up a bottle for a while, but I kept putting it off not wanting to pay over $100 for a scent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LArtisan-Dzing-Eau-de-Toilette-Perfume-100ml-3-4oz_W0QQitemZ180464806868QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a048a6bd4

I need some more small bottles, and I don't have too much to trade save:

Bvlgari Black & Pour Femme

Jil Sander Style & Stylessence

CdG Man

Guerlain AA Mentafollia

Charles Jourdan Parfum

Everything else is in small bottles, think I need to cop some mo'.

I need more Balenciaga Pour Homme if anyone has that.

just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on room scents - candles/incense/diffusers. gilt is selling some dl& co stuff now - overpriced, scents too feminine?

how long do those diffuser things last anyway?

i kinda want one.

I have a bunch of candles by santa maria novella and lartisan perfumeur

but the scent doesn't really stay in the room after burning

kinda obvious but yeah...