Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

My favourite scents are un jardin sur le nil, miss dior cherie and max mara...but I kind of want something peppery next, but still feminine. i've tried a bvlgari scent which i think was called omni, which was nice, but I found it didn't stay on too long. any suggestions?

Not sure what your budget is, but my first choice would be Poivre Samarcande by Hermes (only available at the Hermes on Bloor, not at Holt's, etc.).

Similar, but a bit cheaper is Poivre Piquant by L'Artisan (available at Noor in Yorkville).

Carnation by Comme Des Garcons has a peppery, floral smell, and a bit more feminine than the other two I suggested. Available at TNT.

Not sure what your budget is, but my first choice would be Poivre Samarcande by Hermes (only available at the Hermes on Bloor, not at Holt's, etc.).

Similar, but a bit cheaper is Poivre Piquant by L'Artisan (available at Noor in Yorkville).

Carnation by Comme Des Garcons has a peppery, floral smell, and a bit more feminine than the other two I suggested. Available at TNT.

a friend recommended poivre samarcande as well, i'll check it out next time i'm on bloor! thanks :)

a friend recommended poivre samarcande as well, i'll check it out next time i'm on bloor! thanks :)

Be prepared for the price. They come in 100ml bottles (optional leather sleeve for a trillion dollars), as well as a set of four (?) 15ml travel bottles. The later is much cheaper....but you don't get the big pretty bottle, so its a toss up. Its one of the only bottles of perfume I've ever finished (seriously...ever).

Does anybody know of a good fragrance based on whiskey, rum or tobacco?

I have ambre russe at the moment and i'm looking for something very similar.

Does anybody know of a good fragrance based on whiskey, rum or tobacco?

I haveat the moment and i'm looking for something very similar.

Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie is really boozy.

Jasmin & Cigarette by Etat Libre D'Orange is my favourite tobacco scent. I can't think of one off-hand that combines the two.

Idole de Lubin is reputed to have a strong rum accord; I haven't smelled it myself.

I am not a Creed fanboy, but Vintage Tabarome definitely has the tobacco going on.

I like Jasmin et Cigarette a lot, but I get more jasmine than cigarette from it. YMMV!

Idole de Lubin is reputed to have a strong rum accord; I haven't smelled it myself.

I am not a Creed fanboy, but Vintage Tabarome definitely has the tobacco going on.

I like Jasmin et Cigarette a lot, but I get more jasmine than cigarette from it. YMMV!

That Creed was the first one I thought of, but I didn't want to recommend it after my Creed-rant!

I'm the opposite...I get all tobacco and no jasmin, which is the opposite of what I wanted. :(

I've heard lots of good things about Idole as well...cool bottle too.

Thanks a lot, i'll give em a try. Apparently there is a chanel blend that is meant to similar does anybody know which one it is?

Thanks a lot, i'll give em a try. Apparently there is a chanel blend that is meant to similar does anybody know which one it is?

Hmmm...I can't think of any Chanel that would have whisky & tobacco...they only have a few men's, so it wouldn't be hard to try all of them to see if you like any. Just avoid Allure....nasty shit. Chanel Pour Monsieur is quite nice (the Concentree is not as nice), Egoiste & Egoiste Platinum are okay, and Anteuse is quite nice, but quite a potent leather.

Hi guys, I've been wearing Boss for about 3-4 years non-stop now and I'm looking for an alternative fragrance. Can anyone recommend me something which is different enough, yet smells similar to Boss?

Boss%20by%20Hugo%20Boss%205ml%20(Grey)%20men.jpg

Thanks...

Randomness

www.beautyhabit.com - BHSPRING (Free shipping over $35)

Perfumebay.com was sued a while back by eBay (for obvious reasons) and altough they put a good fight, they ultimately lost in the end. They're now called Beautyencounter.com. Still a decent place to find deals.

Serge Lutens' newest release should be hitting local stores any day now (already available at some). 5 o'Clock au Gigembre (apparently it makes more sense in french) allegedly smells similar to the "Bois" series (which would be a good thing).

Amouage's lastest releases (Jubilation) are now available at Luckyscent.com. The men's was created by Marc Buxton (of CDG fame) and has been very highly regarded (if you're into incense). $245/50ml...not something to buy blind.

I've been wearing some Polo- Black variant for day-wear... some Davidoff- Silver Shadow for going out at night. Both I lifted a while back and are running low, not sure if I should look for something new or ride this out as long as it earns compliments.

I've been wearing some Polo- Black variant for day-wear... some Davidoff- Silver Shadow for going out at night. Both I lifted a while back and are running low, not sure if I should look for something new or ride this out as long as it earns compliments.

You should look for something new...

i like Hanae Mori 'Butterfly' for girls. these are the notes: strawberries, biliberries, black currant, bulgarian rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, sandalwood, almond and praline.

somehow its comes out smelling like vanilla though...which is still good.

i would also recommend the mens Hanae Mori, its very nice.

i'm lookin for something that will make my room smell awesome, so either one of those fragrance oil/reed-diffusers, or scented candles. any opinions, experience, or suggestions would be appreciated!

one of the best smelling candles i've smelled were at Gramercy Park hotel in NYC, the one Le Labo designed specifically (Cade 26) for the hotel, but i dont think i will be visiting NY anytime soon and 90 bucks is a little steep for a candle.

i do like a couple fragrances from CDG's Incense series (oazazarate, kyoto), i was considering trying out one of their scented candles. has anyone used any of these before? i wanna know how long they last and if they're worth the price.

fragrance oil + reed diffuser probably lasts the longest... anyone have any good suggestions for where to buy good ones?

i'm lookin for something that will make my room smell awesome, so either one of those fragrance oil/reed-diffusers, or scented candles. any opinions, experience, or suggestions would be appreciated!

one of the best smelling candles i've smelled were at Gramercy Park hotel in NYC, the one Le Labo designed specifically (Cade 26) for the hotel, but i dont think i will be visiting NY anytime soon and 90 bucks is a little steep for a candle.

i do like a couple fragrances from CDG's Incense series (oazazarate, kyoto), i was considering trying out one of their scented candles. has anyone used any of these before? i wanna know how long they last and if they're worth the price.

fragrance oil + reed diffuser probably lasts the longest... anyone have any good suggestions for where to buy good ones?

I'm not a big fan of those reed things, but you're right that they do seem to be the most consistent. For candles, I like Diptyque (Baies, Chen), for roomsprays I like Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier (Fruit d'Autumn). Aedes has a big home-scent section you should check out. I had an Etro candle that was the strongest smelling candle I've ever owned that I bought there. Mizensir's candles are pricy, but they're super long-lasting as well.

i currently own l'eau d'issey by issey miyake. going to be picking up aqua de gio, jasmine et cigarette, and escentric 01 and molecule 01 (by thiscompany) soon, along with some others.

Please, please pass on the aque di gio...please. :)

Jasmin & Cigarettes is great...Escentric 01 is a weird one, but still good. If you own those two, I promise AdG will take a backseat anyway.

I'm not a big fan of those reed things, but you're right that they do seem to be the most consistent. For candles, I like Diptyque (Baies, Chen), for roomsprays I like Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier (Fruit d'Autumn). Aedes has a big home-scent section you should check out. I had an Etro candle that was the strongest smelling candle I've ever owned that I bought there. Mizensir's candles are pricy, but they're super long-lasting as well.

Please, please pass on the aque di gio...please. :)

Jasmin & Cigarettes is great...Escentric 01 is a weird one, but still good. If you own those two, I promise AdG will take a backseat anyway.

thanks for letting me know. i'm not particularly keen on the aqua de gio myself, but i can get an incredible deal on it and i was half expecting myself to just warm up to it - i'll probably pass on it in the end, but there's a chance it could be decent for some occasion.

thanks for letting me know. i'm not particularly keen on the aqua de gio myself, but i can get an incredible deal on it and i was half expecting myself to just warm up to it - i'll probably pass on it in the end, but there's a chance it could be decent for some occasion.

Don't buy stuff just cause its a good deal...I've made that mistake in the past. It ends up collecting dust and never being used. Anyway, you can do better. :)

I gave up on CdG Play. I really liked it at first, but after I got used to it, it was just too powdery.

I got a bottle Frank Los Angeles instead, and I'm waiting on some Kyoto to arrive.

Play smells like cheap musk to me. I don't understand how it even made it into the CDG line. I don't love all of their stuff, but its always interesting...play is not.

Play smells like cheap musk to me. I don't understand how it even made it into the CDG line. I don't love all of their stuff, but its always interesting...play is not.

I really liked the way it smelled during the summer when it was hot and humid, but during the dry winter months it was not very good. Dried way too fast and became powdery.

Guest aniki

guys, need some rec here

going out on a group date with some hot girls, what perfume is good for seduction?

that can make the girls 'erect' and aroused.

thanks bros!

I have no idea why you haven't been banned yet, but please dear god if there is any justice in this world you will be soon. I suggest masturbating ferverently beforehand while on an exercise bike and making your own blend out of your semen and sweat. Girls will love it. Guaranteed