Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

xcoldricex, I have tried and really like Borneo 1834 and Fumerie Turque. I think they are fine for daily wear, but then I wear Rose Poivrée and Dzing! to work (not at the same time :D), so YMMV.

Speaking of which, I think Rose Poivrée and Dzing! qualify as warm, mysterious, dark and potent.

I like Black Orchid too.

You might also try Molinard Habanita; it meets your criteria, I think.

i'm on tang's side of the fence with dzing! definitely NOT feces!

Creed makes a whole variety of scents for men, some of which are really great.

Good ones include:

Royal Mountain Water

Neroli Sauvage

Erolfa (yes, weird name)

and... Tabarome.

Tabarome actually uses tobacco leaf in the formulation and has a smoky thing going on. I have worn it for years and can recommend it.

Creed used to be at 007 Bond St. Until the importer sued the shop. I practically got murdered when i asked what happened to the Creed stuff when i went to 007 Bond last year.

Now it's only available at Jeffery on 14th St in meatpacking district.

$200 and up for a small bottle which should last you years.

Creed makes a whole variety of scents for men, some of which are really great.

Good ones include:

Royal Mountain Water

Neroli Sauvage

Erolfa (yes, weird name)

and... Tabarome.

Tabarome actually uses tobacco leaf in the formulation and has a smoky thing going on. I have worn it for years and can recommend it.

Creed used to be at 007 Bond St. Until the importer sued the shop. I practically got murdered when i asked what happened to the Creed stuff when i went to 007 Bond last year.

Now it's only available at Jeffery on 14th St in meatpacking district.

$200 and up for a small bottle which should last you years.

They go for a lot lesser on ebay, no?

Thread went of the first page, needs some updates.

I went to CdG to pick up some refills and tried 2 new fragrances.

888 - I love it, it really smells like gold, luxury. It's a little mature, something I would maybe smell on an older woman. It starts hard but evolves into nice lightly metallic scent. I might be getting it as gift for some ladies. Great scent after somewhat disappointing Play and Luxe. (I can't see any man wearing this, maybe the guys who wear gold dior boots)

Monocle One - (I forgot the full name) Very woody, smells a little like a bathhouse but more like a log cabin, maybe even some burnt wood. It brings me memories of camping during the cold months, staying in cabins in eastern europe and burning fresh wood. Not a scent I would wear but I would love to get a candle.

Thread went of the first page, needs some updates.

I went to CdG to pick up some refills and tried 2 new fragrances.

888 - I love it, it really smells like gold, luxury. It's a little mature, something I would maybe smell on an older woman. It starts hard but evolves into nice lightly metallic scent. I might be getting it as gift for some ladies. Great scent after somewhat disappointing Play and Luxe. (I can't see any man wearing this, maybe the guys who wear gold dior boots)

Monocle One - (I forgot the full name) Very woody, smells a little like a bathhouse but more like a log cabin, maybe even some burnt wood. It brings me memories of camping during the cold months, staying in cabins in eastern europe and burning fresh wood. Not a scent I would wear but I would love to get a candle.

Both of these are available at Luckyscent.com now:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=41700&section=1

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=21621

I haven't smelled either...but am now much more interested. I tend to be one of those guys that pulls of the feminine stuff...although I doubt I could pull off gold dior boots. :P

I would be very surprised if you would wear 888. Definitely a female scent for me but I know guys who wear stranger fragrances. I'm interested what you'll think about it.

Interesting. I'll order some samples and see what I think...its strange because 888 doesn't really have any overtly feminine ingredients listed.

Pepperwood, safron, curcuma, coriander, geranium, amber

It also contains a synthetic called Safraline, which is a isolated from safron of course.

What do you think of #3? Its often overlooked, but is one of their more intersting scents imo. I actually had a bottle and gave it away because I had too much else on the go, and now I regret it. I think it was intended to smell like a flower...but a flower that doesn't actually exist in real life. I wouldn't say its feminine, per se, but its not a typical masculine either.

has anyone tried cereus pour homme no. 4?

just found it online and was wondering

I haven't tried any of them, but the descriptions are interesting. I like the bottles too. No. 4 scares me a bit because of the use of "marine notes". I don't get why they call that "fresh shower" shit marine or aquatic...I grew up on the ocean and I can tell you right now, it doesn't smell good.

10dd3yq.jpg

while in school i was looking at cereus range of lines reviewed by a forum (kinda like a sufu of fragrances) and most ppl dindt like what they bought.

i'll try looking around for the link ~ but yeah i was attracted to that specific fragrance due to its rather interesting notes used

while in school i was looking at cereus range of lines reviewed by a forum (kinda like a sufu of fragrances) and most ppl dindt like what they bought.

i'll try looking around for the link ~ but yeah i was attracted to that specific fragrance due to its rather interesting notes used

Its a subjective thing...smell if it interests you...don't rely too much on forums (or even my advice for that matter). :rolleyes:

I wanna try those new CDG scents, they sound intriguing.

Have to admit this as well but I love the new Tom Ford for men. At first, when smelling it from the bottle I thought it smelled horrible but after putting some on my skin I was blown away. Very erotic and yet masculine.

I wanna try those new CDG scents, they sound intriguing.

Have to admit this as well but I love the new Tom Ford for men. At first, when smelling it from the bottle I thought it smelled horrible but after putting some on my skin I was blown away. Very erotic and yet masculine.

I'll have to retry if you think its worth it...I thought it was bad when I smelled it on the card.

I thought the exact same thing! In fact, it literally screwed my sense of smell up until I smelled some coffee beans and then left.

Then I was killing some time one day and the lady decided to have me try some of the Tom Ford but on my skin, I said okay, and it took on a whole different smell. I was amazed quite frankly.

I thought the exact same thing! In fact, it literally screwed my sense of smell up until I smelled some coffee beans and then left.

Then I was killing some time one day and the lady decided to have me try some of the Tom Ford but on my skin, I said okay, and it took on a whole different smell. I was amazed quite frankly.

Interesting...I literally thought, "what the fuck? this smells like generic garbage...what happened to Black Orchid for Men?".

I will try again.

saw this article http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Books/article/308554 in the star today discussing a book by Chandler Burr about perfuming "The Perfect Scent: A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York."

im sure it's something that some of you will be interested in, so take a look into it

I read it...pretty good. Much less technical than his last book. Also a good read if you're an SJP fan. :eek:

has anyone tried the CDG "Hinoki"? from the Monocle Scent 1

thoughts? or comparisons with other woodsy cdg scents

I just got it a few days ago and I like it alot. I'd say it's a bit similar to Kyoto (same cedar/cypress/incense notes), but the cedar/cypress notes in Hinoki aren't as "sharp" (I'm terrible at describing scents) as Kyoto, they're a bit more subtle and restrained. It's a bit darker than Kyoto as well with the mossy/woodsy notes. For some reason, it reminds me of Ouarzazate (my fave from the Incense series) a bit too, I think it's because of how subtle it is.

I just got it a few days ago and I like it alot. I'd say it's a bit similar to Kyoto (same cedar/cypress/incense notes), but the cedar/cypress notes in Hinoki aren't as "sharp" (I'm terrible at describing scents) as Kyoto, they're a bit more subtle and restrained. It's a bit darker than Kyoto as well with the mossy/woodsy notes. For some reason, it reminds me of Ouarzazate (my fave from the Incense series) a bit too, I think it's because of how subtle it is.

Ouarzazate is my fav from that series too...will definitely move hinoki up on my to-try list.

My favourite scents are un jardin sur le nil, miss dior cherie and max mara...but I kind of want something peppery next, but still feminine. i've tried a bvlgari scent which i think was called omni, which was nice, but I found it didn't stay on too long. any suggestions?