Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

What are you wearing RIGHT NOW? and why?

I am wearing Sequoia. I love it. Reminds me of home and helps me study.

I am wearing the following:

-Malin & Goetz Synthesized Musk

-Malin & Goetz Synthesized Lotus

-Frederic Malle Outrageous!

-Serge Lutens A La Nuit

-Comme des Garcons Kyoto

...writing reviews has lead me to test various scents throughout the day. I typically smell like a common whore.

Speaking of which - read the reviews you fuckers. I have help now (speak now M.) and they're piling up. If anyone is interested in writing a guest review, doesn't suck, and can speak English (sufu English accepted), please PM me.

I wear philosykos now. but it annoys me because It is not a spray bottles and I never feel like I'm getting the right amount on with dabbing. I also wear Christian Celle Tangerine, which I bought off Ebay and I think was super old or something because it doesn't smell nearly as vibrant as I remembered. I also have le Petit Prince Parfum that I use occasionaly that smells like Lemons and Talcum powder maybe......but none resonate as much as Polo Sport did when I was young......anybody interested in buying a 9/10's full 6.4 oz Philosykos?

What are you wearing RIGHT NOW? and why?

I am wearing Parfums de Nicolaï New York. Because I have been craving it lately. And I wanted to write a review of it for gimmegimme's blog.

Speaking of which - read the reviews you fuckers. I have help now (speak now M.) and they're piling up. If anyone is interested in writing a guest review, doesn't suck, and can speak English (sufu English accepted), please PM me.

Hi! It's fun to write for gimmegimme's blog. Step up. You fuckers.

I read the reviews ever day and they are good stuff. There are so many fragrances. I don't know how anybody keeps any of them straight. Just gotta buy them all, I guess

Its a bit daunting. I'm trying to focus on the men's stuff, which is only a small percentage of the total. I'm sure its fairly evident though that Tangerine and I are mostly writing about the scents that we happen to love (except where obvious), so if i you're interested in trying some new stuff, the one's we recommend the most are fairly clear.

I wear philosykos now. but it annoys me because It is not a spray bottles and I never feel like I'm getting the right amount on with dabbing. I also wear Christian Celle Tangerine, which I bought off Ebay and I think was super old or something because it doesn't smell nearly as vibrant as I remembered. I also have le Petit Prince Parfum that I use occasionaly that smells like Lemons and Talcum powder maybe......but none resonate as much as Polo Sport did when I was young......anybody interested in buying a 9/10's full 6.4 oz Philosykos?

Stop bitching and get a spray bottle! ;) Its actually a brilliant scent and I think you might regret it if you hawk it. Put it aside for a while, get something new, and then go back to it...you'll have a new appreciation then.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P10154&categoryId=B70

Mark, your Dzing! review was awesome. Yeahhhhhh y'all should write more this shit is good.

-Comme des Garcons Kyoto

...writing reviews has lead me to test various scents throughout the day. I typically smell like a common whore.

Gimme how do you feel about Kyoto? Sometimes I feel like I smell über-asian with the incense smell, which is why I was turned off by avignon on the top notes cause that stuff knocked me the fuck out.

martin margiela perfume?????

www.maisonmartinmargiela.com

Here is a press release, which tells us absolutely nothing about the fragrance:

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 (France)

from fibre2fashion.com

L’Oréal’s Luxury Products Division announces the signing of a partnership agreement with Maison Martin Margiela for the creation of a first line of perfumes. This agreement expresses their shared wish to combine their expertise and reflect the unconventional and innovative world of Maison Martin Margiela through a perfume.

Maison Martin Margiela, avant-garde expertise:

Graduating from the Académie Royale d’Anvers in 1979, Martin Margiela joined Jean-Paul Gaultier’s team before founding Maison Martin Margiela in 1988. At the same time, Hermès entrusted him with the artistic direction of its collections from 1999 to 2004.

In 2002, Renzo Rosso, President of the Only The Brave Group joined forces with him becoming a majority shareholder in the House. Today, Maison Martin Margiela is structured around 32 single brand sales outlets and more than 500 multi-brand stores across five continents. In 6 years, their turnover has increased fourfold.

Often characterised as iconoclastic and experimentalist, Maison Martin Margiela bases its creative expression on recycling, transformation and reinterpretation: an emotion, a unique and timeless proposition which challenges shapes and rules.

White, a symbol of simplicity and purity, unifies all the premises and items belonging to the House; it has become its most obvious visual identity, just as anonymity has become its signature.

“In our constant search for new forms of expression and creation,the desire to design a perfume appeared obvious. This perfume must be in our image, an elixir of all that we are and are fond of. The L’Oréal teams give us the human support and skills necessary to launch us on this adventure, while respecting our history, identity and values. This partnership is also a union between two worlds which mutually complement, support, nurture and inspire.” Maison Martin Margiela.

An unconventional perfume expression:

For Patricia Turck Paquelier, President of Prestige and Collections International within L’Oréal’s Luxury Products Division, “By pre-empting the ‘No Logo’ domain, for more than 20 years Maison Martin Margiela has opened up a novel channel in the luxury market with its discrete label with four stitches.

This signature scent will inspire radical new perspectives for perfumes with a more personal approach, following the success of the brands with star logos. A requirement for the thousands of people world wide searching for unostentatious luxury.

As always with Maison Martin Margiela, we will explore new areas with them for an unconventional expression of their perfumes. This will also be a collective story, conducted by men and women who share values such as excellence in quality and their teamwork with L’Oréal.”

Mark, your Dzing! review was awesome. Yeahhhhhh y'all should write more this shit is good.

Gimme how do you feel about Kyoto? Sometimes I feel like I smell über-asian with the incense smell, which is why I was turned off by avignon on the top notes cause that stuff knocked me the fuck out.

I likey Kyoto...it has a black pepper note that dominates that the rest of the incense series does not, so it seems a bit different than the rest. I'm a whitie, so I never feel asian.

Here is a press release, which tells us absolutely nothing about the fragrance:

l'oreal+mmm=contratiction in terms

53 smells warm and kinda fresh fresh green (freshly mowed lawn, i guess) but also a little bit dusty (kind of like an antique shop, attic or something)

the nail polish smell goes away fairly quickly, which is good because its moderately undesireable

i dont know much about fragrance... this is my first one, but i like it a lot

53 smells warm and kinda fresh fresh green (freshly mowed lawn, i guess) but also a little bit dusty (kind of like an antique shop, attic or something)

the nail polish smell goes away fairly quickly, which is good because its moderately undesireable

i dont know much about fragrance... this is my first one, but i like it a lot

Its more than 50% Hedione...a synthetic isolated mocule found in jasmin. I probably already told you that. To me, it smells like not much of anything because I don't think I'm in capable of smelling that ingredient. 71 perfected it for me and made it interesting. Both are very good concepts though, and I approve.

Gold star for Diamonds.

Next...

well Ive heard its hit or miss, but regardless I want to try it out. other than that anything new for this summer you recommend gimme?

As you may know (or are about to), I think Creed is a pile of swill. They have one decent scent - Green Irish Tweed, and frankly, you could save yourself $200 and get a bottle of Cool Water instead, which was created by the same guy, smells pretty much the same...but actually a bit better. Either way, I'm not wearing it, so please do try the SMW.

For this summer, I'll be wearing:

-Eau Sauvage by Dior

-Bergamote by The Different Company

-Synthesized Musk by Malin & Goetz

-S-ex by S-Perfume

-Skai by CDG

-Iris 39 by Le Labo

I just picked up a bottle of Jo Malone's Pommegranate Noir and also a bottle of Lime Basil & Mandarin, I needed a change from my Dior Homme/Jean-Paul Gaultier Fleur de Male/YSL L'Homme rotation. Plus both of them mixed gives me a somewhat unique scent.

^ I seem to remember it was Cdg Kyoto

Picked up some of the Skai from the recommendations in this thread kind of overpowering with the plastic to begin with but settles down into something quite pleasant not an everyday scent but I'm hooked and looking for something more subtle

when i smell kyoto i didnt recognize it.... weird. it must smell really different when its on person and has time to disperse

It does smell really different as time passes, I much prefer the smell after it's had a couple of hours to mellow out. It's really intense at first and kind of too much IMO. Are all of the incense series scents like that? Kyoto is the only one I've tried. And can someone (GG, I'm looking in your direction) recommend some incense scents that aren't CDG?