Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

I'm in need for some new cologne. Can anyone recommend me on some good ones for the summer?

I've searched the thread and I'm become interested in Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur. But I'm looking for more suggestions.

gimmegimme, lord of all that is fragrance, I'm probably going to buy CDG Skai but I want to also check out more synthetic-ish stuff can you give me any suggestions?

I like Odeur 71 alot. I haven't tried 53 yet. I tried one of the Escentric Molecules and didn't like it as much as the CDG stuff I tried.

I'm in need for some new cologne. Can anyone recommend me on some good ones for the summer?

I've searched the thread and I'm become interested in Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur. But I'm looking for more suggestions.

Carolna Herrara 212 Men

or

Bond No.9 Hamptons

Anyone have a sample of The Pour un Ete by L'artisan they're willing to ship to California (will pay of course). I tried the official L'artisan site but they don't have THAT one available for sampling.

Try luckyscent.com or theperfumedcourt.com

gimmegimme, lord of all that is fragrance, I'm probably going to buy CDG Skai but I want to also check out more synthetic-ish stuff can you give me any suggestions?

I like Odeur 71 alot. I haven't tried 53 yet. I tried one of the Escentric Molecules and didn't like it as much as the CDG stuff I tried.

Outrageous! by Frederic Malle (on Barney's website only).

Carolna Herrara 212 Men

or

Bond No.9 Hamptons

no

and

no

Seriously though, neither are horrible, but he can do better. L'Homme de Coeur by Divine is a great scent for summer if you want something subtle. Eau Sauvage if you want something classic. Eau de Cartier if you want something in between.

Im curious how is the Dior Homme fragrances?

Dior Homme is very nice.

is there a coupon for luckyscent.com right now?

I couldn't find one...sorry. I'll post one if one comes up though.

hey GimmeGimme you have great reviews, but why don' tyou also give a number rating out of 10, it sucks reading a whole review just to find out you hated it.

People interpret numbered ratings too rigidly...so I decided that a good compromise would be skipping the numbers, and writing reviews that are fairly brief and succinct.

Numbered ratings are too specific in a field where things are too subjective. If I gave something a 5/10, I'd then have to explain why...it was wearable (+2), but only lasted 5 minutes (-2), copied someone else directly (-2), but improved on it (+2). Anyway, its a bit subjective and I chose a route for the time-being.

Politeness aside - don't be so fucking lazy! They're what, like, 3 paragraphs???

Back to being polite - I appreciate the feedback and encourage you to continue reading mine and Tangerine's reviews. :)

Dior Homme is very nice.

I couldn't find one...sorry. I'll post one if one comes up though.

People interpret numbered ratings too rigidly...so I decided that a good compromise would be skipping the numbers, and writing reviews that are fairly brief and succinct.

Numbered ratings are too specific in a field where things are too subjective. If I gave something a 5/10, I'd then have to explain why...it was wearable (+2), but only lasted 5 minutes (-2), copied someone else directly (-2), but improved on it (+2). Anyway, its a bit subjective and I chose a route for the time-being.

Politeness aside - don't be so fucking lazy! They're what, like, 3 paragraphs???

Back to being polite - I appreciate the feedback and encourage you to continue reading mine and Tangerine's reviews. :)

but I am lazy!!! sorry man, but if you add up ALL of your reviews its like a fucking encyclopedia, but then again I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

but I am lazy!!! sorry man, but if you add up ALL of your reviews its like a fucking encyclopedia, but then again I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

We're going to be posting a top-10 for summer list shortly...that'll be a good place to start.

Or you could always tell me what you like/dislike here and I can make some suggestions?

I know its daunting how many reviews there are...and that will only get worse!

PF is too creamy for me...definitely would go with Philosykos.

Yeah, I was concerned about it being too "coconut-y". My only real concern about buying it, is that I hear i only lasts about 4 hours...of course various factors like skin/weather factor into this but apparently L'Artisans fig fragrance lasts more.

Yeah, I was concerned about it being too "coconut-y". My only real concern about buying it, is that I hear i only lasts about 4 hours...of course various factors like skin/weather factor into this but apparently L'Artisans fig fragrance lasts more.

Well, if you're looking for long-lasting fragrances...L'Artisan isn't the first company that comes to mind. Either way, you'd have to get Premiere Figuer Extreme. I would still stick with Diptyque either way...longer lasting or not, its better. Spray it on twice if you're really concerned...or you could always try Parfumerie Generale's Jardin de Kerylos.

We're going to be posting a top-10 for summer list shortly...that'll be a good place to start.

Or you could always tell me what you like/dislike here and I can make some suggestions?

I know its daunting how many reviews there are...and that will only get worse!

hey man, the more reviews the better. ( i have lots of stuff to do in my spare time now :)). that top ten list would be great. one for every season would be amazing!

So in search of a nice salty/aquatic fragrance I tried CDG's Play again... and it still smells like melted crayons and soap.

Does anyone know of a good perfume reminiscent of the beach? I looked at the reviews of CB's "Mr. Hulot's Holiday" on luckyscent and it looked like the perfect remedy to my search but I don't want to spend $50+ to find out.

http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/06/top-10-for-summer.html

Our top 10 for summer...lots of repedition to the recommendations I make here all the time....but if they're good they're good!

---

^^ As far as "beachy" smells go - people seem to like the smell of Creed's Virgin Island Water. To me, it smells like a nightmare, but if you're into the coconut/pineapple thing, you'd probably like it.

So in search of a nice salty/aquatic fragrance I tried CDG's Play again... and it still smells like melted crayons and soap.

Does anyone know of a good perfume reminiscent of the beach? I looked at the reviews of CB's "Mr. Hulot's Holiday" on luckyscent and it looked like the perfect remedy to my search but I don't want to spend $50+ to find out.

Where do you live? I'll send you a 3/4 full sample if you pay for shipping.

I don't think Mr. Hulot's Holiday smells like the beach in the traditional sense. It smells more like a cold, foggy, overcast day at the beach if that makes any sense. Still good though.

I haven't tried it yet, but how about CB's "At the Beach"?