Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

interesting....

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp187597_333181_sespider/axe/proximity_body_spray_bergamot.htm

also available are vetyver and amber...axe is trying to grow up

They've been trying their best...I saw some fancier looking metal bottles too. There was an article in the paper about some reporter going to the press release for their soap/loofah thing. They made all the reporters strip down and asian girls gave them "thourough" sponge baths with it. Everyone was humiliated...fucking hilarious.

can anyone recommend a few good fig scents? i'm doing a sample run at luckyscent.com but they don't have Philosykos from Diptyque or a sample size in the Jardin de Kerylos by Parfumerie Generale.

EDIT: oh yeah, can people also recommend some scents from The Different Company? there aren't any reviews on Basenotes so I don't know which samples to try. I personally like lighter, floral or fruit scents, for daytime and summer use. not so much musky or really heavy woody scents.

EDIT #2: one more thing, where can i try samples of Hermès? i would like to try the Terre D'Hermes and the Eau D'Orange Verte.

UPDATE: I just did a sample run at luckyscent and got 8 CdG samples + the Premier Figure

can anyone recommend a few good fig scents? i'm doing a sample run at luckyscent.com but they don't have Philosykos from Diptyque or a sample size in the Jardin de Kerylos by Parfumerie Generale.

EDIT: oh yeah, can people also recommend some scents from The Different Company? there aren't any reviews on Basenotes so I don't know which samples to try. I personally like lighter, floral or fruit scents, for daytime and summer use. not so much musky or really heavy woody scents.

EDIT #2: one more thing, where can i try samples of Hermès? i would like to try the Terre D'Hermes and the Eau D'Orange Verte.

UPDATE: I just did a sample run at luckyscent and got 8 CdG samples + the Premier Figure

Has anyone ever told you you're a bit spastic? I mean that in the nicest possible way. I also mean this in the nicest possibly way - don't read the reviews on Basenotes. Check our nowsmellthis, or perfumesmellinthings, or better yet, my site - peredepierre.com where Tangerine and myself review things realistically.

Anyway - figs. You might find Premiere Figuer a bit "creamy", but otherwise it's quite nice. You listed my other two fav's, and samples for them can be had from theperfumedcourt.com. Guerlain makes a nice fig called Figue Iris which is brand new and probably at your local department store.

The Different Company - first choice, Bergamote (light citrus), next, Un Parfum d'Ailleur et Fleurs (floral)...again, reviews for many of them on my site.

Hermes samples - again, theperfumedcourt.com, or usually you can nab d'Orange Verte from Sephora if one is close.

Let us know what you think when you get your samples!

Right, I'm proper shitty when it comes to fragrances, the range of smells which I've tried in my life is rather limited as I tend to stick to what I know and like. But I've been out for a while and it's about time I started to build up a collection since things were getting boring.

Anyway, I'd like some recommendations and I'm pretty much open to anything. Scents I generally liked and used were Armani Night and Black Code and Lacoste Style in Play. I guess something citrusy or woody would be ideal, but I don't really know my way around fragrances.

Gimme what do you think of Joop! Homme? its a mall fragrance, i know, but i own it and rather like it. and it lasts all day on me. very stong and heavy though.. would like to hear your thoughts on it. thanks

Anyone, anyone?

Perhaps I'll just order a sample.

Bah.

Sorry, haven't tried it. Let us know if you get a sample.

errr... it's time for me to re-up on my much maligned creed, anyone have any pointers to any legit places to buy online (in reasonable amounts) before i submit myself to dept store reaming?

First off - no eBay, no matter how cheap or expensive, it's always fake. You can try Parfums Raffy, but I don't think they're much cheaper. If you're going to buy from an online discounter, make sure they're one of the better known ones, like Perfumebay or Scentiments.

can someone please recommend a cologne that holds up against a night out?

just to give a sense of the fragrances that i like, i'm currently using tom ford for men and armani mania

What are you doing that shit don't hold up? I guess you just want something strong? Try Gucci Pour Homme (the first one...not "II"), Gucci Envy, Dior Homme, Bvlgari Black, Rochas Man...avoid all the fresh/sporty crap.

Right, I'm proper shitty when it comes to fragrances, the range of smells which I've tried in my life is rather limited as I tend to stick to what I know and like. But I've been out for a while and it's about time I started to build up a collection since things were getting boring.

Anyway, I'd like some recommendations and I'm pretty much open to anything. Scents I generally liked and used were Armani Night and Black Code and Lacoste Style in Play. I guess something citrusy or woody would be ideal, but I don't really know my way around fragrances.

First off - throw the Lacoste out. Seriously. If you want to start a collection, try one that's citrus/fresh, one woodsy, one spicy, and one warm/evening. Some of my fav's - Mugler Cologne, Eau Sauvage, CDG Sequoia, Nautica Voyage, The Different Company's Rose Poivree, Annick Goutal's Eau de Sud, Eau de Cartier, Frederic Malle's Noir Epices, etc. etc.

Gimme what do you think of Joop! Homme? its a mall fragrance, i know, but i own it and rather like it. and it lasts all day on me. very stong and heavy though.. would like to hear your thoughts on it. thanks

I like Joop!, but it's VERY strong and you need to go really easy on it...otherwise people will run from you. One or two sprays at the most. And there's nothing wrong with mall fragrances...in fact, many of them are better than the fancy shit. ;)

Thanks :) yah i really like Joop!. It really stood out from a lot of the regular stuff like ck and usher and whatever people are wearing in Eugene these days. steppin it uppp

thanks

Thanks :) yah i really like Joop!. It really stood out from a lot of the regular stuff like ck and usher and whatever people are wearing in Eugene these days. steppin it uppp

thanks

Where is this "eugene" you speak of? :confused:

Oh, if you ever come across Joop's "What about Adam", check it out. I think it's discontinued now, but it was very nice.

God, I wish I could find somewhere in the UK that does sample deliveries like Lucky Scent or somewhere local that actually had some of the less typical scents in stock.

But from the sound of things, and looking at notes, I'm deciding between Palisander and Sequoia. Though Palisander seems closer to what I'm more familliar with (Armani Night), so I be thinking about going for that. But I also want something that stands out a bit more and going by gimmegimme's recommendations, Sequoia fits the bill.

Times like this I wish I had a higher income so I could get both haha

Selling my Comme des Garçon Odeur 53 99% full with box, selling because I just picked up 71 which is more my style. PM me if you're interested looking for 80USD shipping included, also interested in trades (CDG Rhubarb, or whatever you want to offer...please no vertiver/heavy on musk/orientals)

Just ordered samples of YOSH U4EAHH!, Rose Poivree, and just because it sounded interesting, Absolument Absinthe by le parfum d'interdits.

anyone have experience w/ these? i know gimme likes rose poivree.

Selling my Comme des Garçon Odeur 53 99% full with box, selling because I just picked up 71 which is more my style. PM me if you're interested looking for 80USD shipping included, also interested in trades (CDG Rhubarb, or whatever you want to offer...please no vertiver/heavy on musk/orientals)

I'll trade you my CDG Play, I have about 70% of the bottle left

God, I wish I could find somewhere in the UK that does sample deliveries like Lucky Scent or somewhere local that actually had some of the less typical scents in stock.

But from the sound of things, and looking at notes, I'm deciding between Palisander and Sequoia. Though Palisander seems closer to what I'm more familliar with (Armani Night), so I be thinking about going for that. But I also want something that stands out a bit more and going by gimmegimme's recommendations, Sequoia fits the bill.

Times like this I wish I had a higher income so I could get both haha

http://www.lessenteurs.com/

i was referring to an actual store so i could try them out without having to order samples. tried barneys and fred segal already and they don't even know what i was talking about.
CdG store and Odin have them in ny. Were are you located?

Ya...it would probably help if you said where you were located if you wanted a local store. Shit ain't sold at Riteaid.