Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Energy Series is now available at Luckyscent.com. As mentioned before, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Lime. All $50 for 30ml. Look forward to hearing from whoever tries them first!

$50 for 30ml is a little steep. I'll be working next to CdG on monday so I'll try to check them out. From the look of it I might only like Lemon and maybe Lime.

Energy Series is now available at Luckyscent.com. As mentioned before, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Lime. All $50 for 30ml. Look forward to hearing from whoever tries them first!

2lubfxx.jpg

Tried these at CDG parfums paris. Lemon was my favourite. It is amazing how they DO SMELL like lemon, grapefruit... I would have prefered them to be a bit more subtle but they still smell good and are some real summer scents. Very fresh.

i thought the incense series were like 50 bucks. mark up...?

I think they were $65 before...I don't remember if they were ever that low.

Gimme, do any of L'Artisan's scents last?

A lot of them tend to fall into the "transparent" category, but some of them are actually pretty potent...Dzing, Dzonhka, Timbuktu, Saffrant Troublant, and anything with the word "Extreme".

A lot of them tend to fall into the "transparent" category, but some of them are actually pretty potent...Dzing, Dzonhka, Timbuktu, Saffrant Troublant, and anything with the word "Extreme".

The reason I ask is that the Dzing sample I got seems to wear off of me very quickly, but except for the fade factor I'm keen to pick it up. It'll probably be more potent if it's sprayed, I would imagine?

The reason I ask is that the Dzing sample I got seems to wear off of me very quickly, but except for the fade factor I'm keen to pick it up. It'll probably be more potent if it's sprayed, I would imagine?

Really? It lasts a really long time on me.

Sometimes if someone has dry skin stuff doesn't last as long. There are a few things you can do to make stuff last longer. Try spraying on the back of your neck and your forearms instead of your throat/wrists. Hair follicles keep scent longer.

So I got Sequoia around Christmas time, and I love it. What is another scent, along the same lines, that is more appropriate for summer? I feel like Sequoia is a little heavy.

Try:

-Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

-Dzonkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

-Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie

-Rhubarb by CDG

-Vettiveru by CDG

The CDG's will be the lightest, but all are a bit more summery than Sequoia (which is one of my fav's btw).

I know I've already mentioned Mugler a few times, but whatev....I received Pure Coffee for by bday (an A*men ltd. ed. flanker) and its very nice. I've always been a fan of Cologne, but forgot how good it really was for the summer. A clean, green musk. Will also be getting a full bottle of this.

I got some samples for Ice*Men (another A*men flanker) that is SO strange. Its essentially like smelling Bengay at first, but calms down to a peculiar aquatic patchouli scent. Very strange, but nice.

I still hate A*men...fucking rancid cake. Otherwise, he's got some interesting stuff to try. Cheap too. You can't wear Serge Lutens and CDG everyday, right?

ps - fuck you busy server....bitch.

hey gimme

cdg makes two "lines" of colognes

Comme des Garcons

Come des Garcons Series (1-8)

What exactly is the difference? each series seems to have a theme e.g. incense, synthetic

Its a bit confusing, isn't it?

Essentially they have their "main" line (the original EDP, EDC, 2, 3, White, etc.), then they have themed series (9 series inc. Guerilla to be exact).

Each series has a general theme, whereas the original main line does its own thing...essentially its own unthemed series.

For the next brand I'm going to shove down your throat - Eau d'Italie.

The packaging leaves much to be desired, but the scents are outstanding. All were done by Bertrand Duchaufour (behind many of CDG's scents).

1. Paestum Rose - a strange, woody rose with incense. Would fit nicely into CDG's Red Series. Almost like a mix between Rose, Sequoia, and one of the Incense Series.

2. Sienne l"Hiver - smoky, dry, leathery and a bit fruity. Similar to L'Artisan Dzonkha.

3. Bois d'Ombrie - a warm, boozy musk. My least favourite, but I can see someone loving it.

4. Eau d'Italie - almost a citrus cologne, but more metallic and strangely a bit milky. Weird, but a good everyday cologne.

5. Magnolia Romana - the newest, haven't smelled it yet, but will report back. Supposed to be more "leafy green" than floral.

They come in large, white glass bottles that have grown on me a bit. Otherwise they're bound to be my favourite new brand.

http://www.eauditalie.it/

L'Eau d'Issey smells like man-gash. I know you fuckers have that tacky-ass frosted glass bottle sitting in your bathroom...all rank and dusty with smeary fingerprints from your cheap neutrogena handcream. Its probably been there for 10 fucking years ripening in the steam. Shit is probably considered a toxin by now.

Why you gotta douse yourself with it? Don't you know girls think you fucking reak? Chicks would rather fuck creepy-ass cab drivers than you. Its bad enough when you put on 25 fucking sprays before going to a club for the 3:00am sidewalk sale when your only chance is a chick wearing one shoe and covered in her own vomit, but why in the morning on the subway? I'd rather sit next to the stinky homeless pee-man partially dressed in old newspapers.

You stink. Fuck off.

That is all.

A couple weeks ago I was on the Subway and someone was doused in it. I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to puke. Definitely, one of the most noxious fragrances out there.

That, and Cool Water.

L'Eau d'Issey smells like man-gash. I know you fuckers have that tacky-ass frosted glass bottle sitting in your bathroom...all rank and dusty with smeary fingerprints from your cheap neutrogena handcream. Its probably been there for 10 fucking years ripening in the steam. Shit is probably considered a toxin by now.

Why you gotta douse yourself with it? Don't you know girls think you fucking reak? Chicks would rather fuck creepy-ass cab drivers than you. Its bad enough when you put on 25 fucking sprays before going to a club for the 3:00am sidewalk sale when your only chance is a chick wearing one shoe and covered in her own vomit, but why in the morning on the subway? I'd rather sit next to the stinky homeless pee-man partially dressed in old newspapers.

You stink. Fuck off.

That is all.

I use CDG 2 Man as my everyday cologne. Literally, everyday... I can't get enough of the stuff. Since the spring/summer is here, I'd like to use something a little lighter. Can you guys recommends a few things that are in a similary vein, but warm weather appropriate?

For the next brand I'm going to shove down your throat - Eau d'Italie.

The packaging leaves much to be desired, but the scents are outstanding. All were done by Bertrand Duchaufour (behind many of CDG's scents).

1. Paestum Rose - a strange, woody rose with incense. Would fit nicely into CDG's Red Series. Almost like a mix between Rose, Sequoia, and one of the Incense Series.

2. Sienne l"Hiver - smoky, dry, leathery and a bit fruity. Similar to L'Artisan Dzonkha.

3. Bois d'Ombrie - a warm, boozy musk. My least favourite, but I can see someone loving it.

4. Eau d'Italie - almost a citrus cologne, but more metallic and strangely a bit milky. Weird, but a good everyday cologne.

5. Magnolia Romana - the newest, haven't smelled it yet, but will report back. Supposed to be more "leafy green" than floral.

They come in large, white glass bottles that have grown on me a bit. Otherwise they're bound to be my favourite new brand.

http://www.eauditalie.it/

I've been interested in picking up a rose scent and the Paestum Rose you described (and info on their site) seems intriguing.

Looks like you can purchase Eau d'Italie fragrance samples at a reasonable price (1.6 ml for $2.50; price includes shipping):

http://www.lafcony.com/eau/

Try:

-Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur

-Dzonkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

-Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie

-Rhubarb by CDG

-Vettiveru by CDG

The CDG's will be the lightest, but all are a bit more summery than Sequoia (which is one of my fav's btw).

thanks, i will read into those. i bought sequoia on your recommendation.;)