coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

Roasting Plant in the LES?

roasting plant? really?

Never been, but I've always been kinda sketched out/offended-by-its-modern-aesthetics compared to other places like Ninth Street or Abraco.

/hypocrite-for-loving-clover-coffees

That braised short rib recipe sounds great, I'll have to try that sometime.

just thought that I should share this magnificent cup of cappuccino, courtesy of my friend, a very talented barista

again, I didn't pour this cup, my friend did

he used a domestic espresso machine (i can't recall the brand).

beans are yemen blend.

IMG00157-20090905-1800.jpg

Nice rosetta, especially using a domestic machine. It's nice having friends around that can really make a nice cup of coffee.

I've made braised beef short ribs with coffee, chocolate (unsweetened), chillies and red wine and that shit was AMAZING. Variation on this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/dining/131mrex.html

weird recipe - i assume you fixed it by keeping the chiles whole and toasting them (dry heat) before adding them with the liquids? also who browns over medium heat - no wonder the recipe is anonymous

depends on the cut of the ribs. The ones I had were about 4-5inches thick so super super high heat would have burned them. I think I went all the way up and then pulled back about 10% from top flame. I also used a dutch oven...

The chilies I used were these dried indian ones, and I always toast dried red chillies in a dry pan first...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm lucky to study in Bristol, Two Day Roasters is just a short walk away and they are the best roasters (or the only roasters) that I know of. They constantly have a batch of Cup of Excellence beans at hand. Unfortunately, none of the recent CoE batches amuse me. Excitingly, there is a darker CoE coming some time in March/April so I'm looking forward to that.

I always go there to get El Borbollon, which I swear is the best single-estate specialty coffee out there. www.elborbollon.com

Can't live without it, every morning fresh pressed coffee starts up my day pretty well. I would like to hear some recommendations of specialty coffees, particularly those of deep dark flavours.

I'm lucky to study in Bristol, Two Day Roasters is just a short walk away and they are the best roasters (or the only roasters) that I know of. They constantly have a batch of Cup of Excellence beans at hand. Unfortunately, none of the recent CoE batches amuse me. Excitingly, there is a darker CoE coming some time in March/April so I'm looking forward to that.

Damn, I've been on St Michaels hill so many times and never noticed that shop. I'll definitely be checking it out when term begins.

I'm guessing you also stop by the extract cart near the college green council house occasionally?

Damn, I've been on St Michaels hill so many times and never noticed that shop. I'll definitely be checking it out when term begins.

I'm guessing you also stop by the extract cart near the college green council house occasionally?

Embarrasingly, I've never heard of the extract cart. Is it any good?

We should get a cuppa together @ Two Day Roasters. SuFu-Bristol Coffee Meet Up.

bought a bag of jamaican blue mountain coffee today. i don't have a grinder here so i'll hopefully get to try it tomorrow when i pick one up. pretty excited, though.

It's a ripoff if you paid what I think you paid. Most jamaican blue coffee that I've seen is like $40/pound or more. It's good, but it aint that good.

Embarrasingly, I've never heard of the extract cart. Is it any good?

We should get a cuppa together @ Two Day Roasters. SuFu-Bristol Coffee Meet Up.

Extract cart is the best quick cup of morning coffee on the days where I can't be bothered to make my own. I live in the city centre (near the old duke) so it's on my way to uni. The guy who runs it is a coffee geek who tried to find a balance between speed and quality.

I'll probably be back in bristol on the 20th or so.

Old Duke. Pretty jealous about your proximity to that. The jazz there is quite a good listen!

I never ever pass by College Green in the daytime so pretty pointless endeavour to get a coffee. Probably a weekend journey down to the centre would benefit from a cuppa. Cheers for that.

TwoDay is closed from 24th Dec onwards to the 4th Jan. In the meantime, you should go to Square Mile Roasters (London) online store, order some and grind them at home.

• 2 weeks later...