motorcycles and nice denim?

entrust

is that silly?

i'd say "involves massive gaps in logic," but sure, silly works.

if you go down, you're going to have bigger and more expensive problems than your pants. ;)

[yes, i ride a motorcycle]

EDIT: fallen angels took the words right outta my mouth

We have quite a few local motorcycle riders come into Self Edge only to buy Iron Heart jeans and jackets because they get a kick out of the fact that all the labels and theme behind Iron Heart is based around motorcycles..

i know if i go down i have more to worry about that then jeans but many lowside due to getting cut off, hitting a slick spot or gravel, etc. many of those spills can be walked away from with minor to no injury, just wondering if anyone rides and thinks about that stuff and wears certain clothes for riding

i know if i go down i have more to worry about that then jeans but many lowside due to getting cut off, hitting a slick spot or gravel, etc. many of those spills can be walked away from with minor to no injury, just wondering if anyone rides and thinks about that stuff and wears certain clothes for riding

well, depending on the kind of riding i'm doing, there are all kinds of things to think about clothes-wise. for example, i wouldn't wear some of my tighter fitting jeans for a longer ride because they're not as comfortable when you're sitting in the same position for hours and hours. i'd never wear anything less abrasion-resistant than denim when i ride, because i value the skin on my legs more than i do my jeans. always wear a helmet and a proper riders jacket for the same reasons, etc.

that said, i don't think i've ever thought about how much my jeans cost before getting on the bike -- you need all your attention for riding, not worrying about pants. ;)

Flathead is a type of Harley engine and the old Sportster head cases were made of Iron, so i'm guessing that's where Ironheart got there name. I always where jeans when i'm riding and i've been caught in many downpours here in Hawaii. My jeans are the last of my worries at that point. Plus, next to leather, canvas, nylon mesh, and kevlar, jeans are going to protect you really well in the event that you do go down.

I ride a 2006 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. 21" tucked up front.

IMG_1249.jpg

i always wear gear when i ride, helmet, gloves, heavily padded jacket, boots sometimes or atleast high tops and i usually just wear jeans. i was just curious if there were others and if anyone would ride in $300 jeans? :) this was kind of a curious/silly post, it's friday afternoon :)

anyone here ride a bike? and if so do you ride in nice expensive denim? im scared to ride in my APCs and diors in the chance that i did go down they would be trashed, so i ride in my h&m or gap raws usually. is that silly?

It is silly. Ass skin is more important than denim. If I rode I would wear leather pants. Actually I am afraid of motorcycles. I think the idea of them is bad ass unfortunately I am chicken ass so I pedal bike but.... if I did gas bike I would wear the heaviest denim or leather pants.

Look closely at this dude's selvage jeans. Bad ass.

0305_846_01_Cress_Collectionretweb.jpg

BADASS

i know we all love denim and all... but if you went down while riding, i think you'd have more important things to worry about besides your denim...

yeah, duh. plus, if you do go down, at least youre going doin in fuckin style when you do.

and i ride a vespa until i ever get enough cash for a bigger bike. and yes, i wear my best quality and most expensive denim when i ride, worry free.

Denim works pretty well as riding gear. Not as good as leather or kevlar weave pants, but they breath better and your legs don't get cooked during summer. Sure, you'll destroy your jeans if you come off, but I bet it'll take me less time to save up for another pair of $300 jeans, than it would to grow back a square foot of ass skin.

Scooters scare me. Those little wheels, substandard brakes and high centre of gravity make them feel unsettling. I've ridden down the Wayne Gardner straight at Eastern Creek raceway on a Fireblade going 160mph and it wasn't as scary going 40mph on a scooter down the backstreets of Summer Hill.

For those that are interested. I ride a Suzi GS500. Nice little commuter which serves my purposes until I get the points back on my driver's license. I usually wear 15oz moleskins, though lately I've been wearing my SC 55s ( I knew that baggy ass would come in handy for something):)

if it's local (i.e. in town, no highway), i'm fine with jeans. probably because i haven't had an incident wearing them! ;)

but tight/slim jeans are uncomfortable or sometimes impossible to ride with without splitting the crotch seam. nudie regular ralfs are my fave to ride in...they're a nice jean, comfortable fit when on the bike, and no problems getting boots on either!

Flathead is a type of Harley engine and the old Sportster head cases were made of Iron, so i'm guessing that's where Ironheart got there name. I always where jeans when i'm riding and i've been caught in many downpours here in Hawaii. My jeans are the last of my worries at that point. Plus, next to leather, canvas, nylon mesh, and kevlar, jeans are going to protect you really well in the event that you do go down.

I ride a 2006 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. 21" tucked up front.

IMG_1249.jpg

SWEET. Now that a real bike.

one of my friends has a zx-10r and he always wears denim/leather when he's out. its better to worry about your body than always worrying about your jeans, takes your mind away from riding and you are going to probably wreck if your like "OMG NOT MY DENIM"