Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

Here, take a napkin. Whipe your nose, i think it's brown.

Kiss ass

Are you trying to prove that you're the king of bitter halfwits?

As I mentioned last page (in a post you conveniently ignored), these jeans are fantastic for biking. But, what would I know. I just own these, 1634s, and a bunch of other jeans. You, instead, have a wealth of experience being a stupid fuck.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) you're on superfuture. of course they cost a lot...it's a high end fashion forum.

B) ever had a pedal bite? i would have really liked some 21 oz denim wrapping my shin at the skatepark the other night. or how about a peg to the back of the leg? Sliding down a sidewalk after bailing a gap or something?

c) your "beliefs" and "opinions" are fine and dandy until you personally attack someone. grow a set and keep your shitty opinions to yourself.

d) of course kiya is selling his product, he happens to own one of the top 3 or 4 denim shops in the country, and we all happen to like denim. he's also a very good buisness man, as he believes in his product, and in good customer service.

thats it...

Black Banana..

Do you seriously not see a pattern?

Forget my threads, forget all the posts i've made or jeans i've designed that i'm here peddling for dollars. You hate them all, you've gotten that point across by now.

Let's take the other threads which you post in, have you not noticed a pattern of a gang of other users reacting negatively to your posts?

they have some good points. Why no crotch reinforcement (for example)? Wearing tight 21 OZ denim is just not practical for bike riding. Imagine the pain this will inflict in a hot summer day? Remenber, when you sweat in your bike, your jeans shrink. So now your jeans are hot and sweaty and you can't move right cause of the tightness. Also, the jeans that we speak of in this forum aren't as durable as was once though. For $360 will these jeans really outlast a couple of wranglers? 21 oz is a double edge sword people.
As usual, you're wrong on mulitple fronts.

Where should i start?

-Crotch IS reinforced, besides being rivetted at the j-stitch, the crotch cross stitch has been moved 1" up towards the front to avoid sitting on it, then it's been bar-tacked over the usual stitch

-Yes, for $360 they will outlast Wranglers, once again you're a moron for talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet good money you've never even seen Iron Heart's denim in person, if you had, you'd know it lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 times as long as ANY other denim on the market, especially anything made from Wrangler.

-The IH denim breaths far better than you can imagine, it's a loose weave (slack weave), which is why the denim stretches so much after thirty to fourty wears, it actually breathes better than many other types of denim that are far lower in weight

Please tell me how my initial post was not civil.

Now read Kiya's respond. Is it civil?

If you think my post is NOT civil, but Kiya's is...

then you are an fool/ass kisser

I think Corter just stamped out one sentence that i'd like to comment on..

"as he believes in his product"

Anybody that knows me beyond this forum or business will tell you that i love denim and the world of reproduced garments and attention to detail in fashion. When a person comes into Self Edge while i'm there and shows a sense of true interest in what we do i tend to go overboard with spouting off information about the products we carry. As much as you'd like to believe that i'm only after the money, i do this because i really do believe in my own twisted mind that these ARE the best. That the wallet i'm showing you truly is the best i've seen, IH's 21 ounce denim truly is the sturdiest denim in the world, and that the construction on the shirts ARE over the top.

I'm so excited at that point that there's somebody that understands these things and that i can talk to them about it, because at the end of the day, this shit is still a hobby of mine. I go to Japan and i go meet with denim companies and mills which i know i can't work with, i know there's no money to be made, because i fucking love being immersed in the world of Japanese workwear and western wear.

So if you really do believe i'm here to just sell jeans, keep believing it, just don't insult me publicly about it.

For the record, i would never respond like that to just anybody, there's only about 2 or 3 Superfuture members out of the 22,000 here which i would be harsh with right off the bat.

You happen to be one of them.

Black Banana..

Do you seriously not see a pattern?

Forget my threads, forget all the posts i've made or jeans i've designed that i'm here peddling for dollars. You hate them all, you've gotten that point across by now.

Let's take the other threads which you post in, have you not noticed a pattern of a gang of other users reacting negatively to your posts?

NO...You see.

SuFu is group with a very defined herd mentality. That mentality is wrong about certain issues. I point out those issues. Some people get mad at me in some threads, but many others agree with me. How do I know? I always receive positive feedback for my opinions that receive the most hate. From people who obviously don't admit that they agree.

The way I see it, people are afraid to say what i say, but they know it's true.

Whether people agree or not, I'll still say whatever I want to say.

Fuck the status quo.

PS. I don't hate your jeans. I just think they could use some changes.

Just since Platano copied his complaints to this page as well:

They're sanforized, they don't shrink, they're as durable as jeans get though of course all jeans eventually wear through. They'll be uncomfortable on a really hot day, but the weave is loose enough that the IH denim is nice for 3 seasons in temperate climates (not warm enough for winter in the frigid wastelands). Not for everyone though, I'm sure. Most comfortable pants I've ever biked in, though obviously not as nice for all-day rides as appropriate spandex-type bike wear.

NO...You see.

SuFu is group with a very defined herd mentality. That mentality is wrong about certain issues. I point out those issues. Some people get mad at me in some threads, but many others agree with me. How do I know? I always receive positive feedback for my opinions that receive the most hate. From people who obviously don't admit that they agree.

The way I see it, people are afraid to say what i say, but they know it's true.

Whether people agree or not, I'll still say whatever I want to say.

Fuck the status quo.

PS. I don't hate your jeans. I just think they could use some changes.

troll.gif

Back on topic.... Picked up a pair of size 30 SExIH01 from Kiya. Figured a 31 would have been better, but took a chance on the 30's which were the biggest left... Can't get the damn top button up - they are tight as hell! Am I SOL, or is there hope that these babies will stretch out a bit? What's your experience been?

2+" stretch in the waist on my IH denims.

Back on topic.... Picked up a pair of size 30 SExIH01 from Kiya. Figured a 31 would have been better, but took a chance on the 30's which were the biggest left... Can't get the damn top button up - they are tight as hell! Am I SOL, or is there hope that these babies will stretch out a bit? What's your experience been?

If this WASN'T the case, you would be SOL. They stretch like motherfuckers.

Great that this thread came back on track :D

I'm having my SExIH01 coming in the near future (or, i hope so, damn customs) and i was wondering how the leatherpatch is fastened on the denim?

On my 634S there is room to "insert" the belt beneath the patch, which looks great. I can't really make out if that is the case with these by looking at the pics. Help? :confused:

I'm still trying to figure a way out for me to pull of the "plaided shirt look" :o

The same guy selling me ironheart (giles) is also trying to load a bunch of flathead shirts of on me..

Hmmm, very different shirts. I got my sister and another friend flathead shirts because they're fitted enough to look good on them. The IH shirts weigh at least 2x (subjectively) what the heaviest Flat Heads weigh. They appear to have the same mentality for shirts as for jeans. One gets the feeling they stand at the looms drinking heavily and shouting "MORE YARN, MORE FUCKING YARN, MAKE IT BIGGER!"

over at Iron Heart.

They should stretch enough in a week for you to slouch a bit.

I'll kill myself before slouching :D

I really like the way they fit now. That's one of the reasons the belt is there.

The ironheart shirts sounds a lot more interesting suddenly.. do they cary slimfits? Or do we have to convince Kiya to come up with a collaboration on that front *hinthint*

EDIT: standing at the looms drinking heavily and shouting "MORE YARN, MORE FUCKING YARN, MAKE IT BIGGER!" is so my new sig!

Hmmm, very different shirts. I got my sister and another friend flathead shirts because they're fitted enough to look good on them. The IH shirts weigh at least 2x (subjectively) what the heaviest Flat Heads weigh. They appear to have the same mentality for shirts as for jeans. One gets the feeling they stand at the looms drinking heavily and shouting "MORE YARN, MORE FUCKING YARN, MAKE IT BIGGER!"

over at Iron Heart.

+rep if I could. I think we should start a company where the design and manufacturing is handled in a similar manner.

over at Iron Heart.

You bought that green flannel in 38... let me know if either sister or friend decide they don't want it any more!!! ;)

Otherwise both shirts are ridiculous.... though Iron Heart flannels is like wearing armor and a half.