Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
what size are you? they were sold out of all the bigger sizes..

i'm a natural 29 waist and i wanted these to fit a little looser so i got a 31 (which measured smaller new). i'm really loving how they fit. according to their site, they're sold out of any size larger than 31. what size were you looking for? there was a 32 available in the supermarket a few weeks back.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag this thread up, especially to ask a question that may well have been done to death.

I'm just wondering what one should do regarding sizing with the indigo version? Size up? Down? Stay true to size? I take it they're going to stretch a bit with heavy wear and I'd like them to fit perfectly after stretchning.

Sorry to drag this thread up, especially to ask a question that may well have been done to death.

I'm just wondering what one should do regarding sizing with the indigo version? Size up? Down? Stay true to size? I take it they're going to stretch a bit with heavy wear and I'd like them to fit perfectly after stretchning.

Size way up.. they run between 1.5" and 2" smaller than the tagged size.

i was hoping to see an evolution pic... :(

Sorry to disappoint; I'll be sure to post up some evo pictures when I get mine, though it'll probably not be until around next summer or something.

Size way up.. they run between 1.5" and 2" smaller than the tagged size.

Will do. Many thanks kiya. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I just received a pair I got of supermarket, and I was luckily able to get them buttoned up all the way, but its pretty tight. These haven't been soaked yet...whats my best move as far as getting all the shrinking out of the way, without making these too tight for me to fit into them?

So I just received a pair I got of supermarket, and I was luckily able to get them buttoned up all the way, but its pretty tight. These haven't been soaked yet...whats my best move as far as getting all the shrinking out of the way, without making these too tight for me to fit into them?

IH denim basically doesn't shrink, and stretches a lot with wear.

So is there any point to soaking them pre-wear? I don't want to take them off!

So is there any point to soaking them pre-wear? I don't want to take them off!

From the Self Edge site "The measured waist size on these run 2" smaller than tagged size. Please do keep in mind that these will NOT shrink much at all, and WILL stretch an entire inch in the waist after only ten wears."

On my 1634s (different jean, same denim), there was no reason to soak/wash at first. I ended up washing them because I slipped when roasting a pig and ended up with charcoal, embers and pig fat covering the jeans, so . . . but, yeah, for fit reasons there's no point. EDIT: Oh, I forgot my point. The fit didn't really change at all when I washed them.

I bought a size 33 waist, which originally is 31.8 inches. After a week of wear, and even wearing it to sleep, it stretched to my true waist size of 33 inches, give or take. Iron Heart denim will stretch eventually, so even though you feel the pain now, over time it'll be worth it. ;)

th_CIMG0904.jpg

th_CIMG0901.jpg

th_CIMG0887.jpg

th_CIMG0886.jpg

th_CIMG0875.jpg

th_CIMG0873.jpg

th_CIMG0872.jpg

Hi Sufers. This is my first post bridging the space time continuum.

My first time visiting SE back in May had me walking out with a pair of these, Kiya of course, had the underhand influence in suggesting the 28W.

I thought there would be more evolution pics on this thread seeing as how these jeans are fantastic, unfortunately I'm lacking the before pictures. For the most part, I've been wearing these since May (all of summer) and I can personally attest the breathability of these jeans.

Now, a very disparate compilation of thoughts:

I get a weird fade on my right thigh for not keeping anything in that pocket (as it is actually the outline of the pocket itself).

My opinions on the patch are all positive, I don't think the size of it at all encumbers the overall look of the jeans, especially since I don't wear a belt it becomes quite prominent. It has tanned really well from just natural exposure, I haven't oiled it but i tried rubbing some indigo off with a cleaner.

I was too lazy to get these hemmed properly so I ended up with a dumb style of cuffing.

I tried taking good pictures (last 3 pics are in the sun, the rest, in the shade and are more true to color).

Wow, you just got the award for best looking SEXIH01 jeans yet.