Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can barely squeeze into SEXIHs in a 33...what size 710xx would be a safe bet not to shrink past the point I could get into them....anyone have any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be trying to hit at those pants..

How many people do you have to suck off to scrape together $160 or so? I guess we, me and the SEXSC, will find out the fun way.

-JF

Yeah, i actually exchanged a few emails with the people that run that blog and they not only missed the entire point but also don't understand fashion in even the slightest sense.

th_CIMG0904.jpg

th_CIMG0901.jpg

th_CIMG0887.jpg

th_CIMG0886.jpg

th_CIMG0875.jpg

th_CIMG0873.jpg

th_CIMG0872.jpg

Hi Sufers. This is my first post bridging the space time continuum.

My first time visiting SE back in May had me walking out with a pair of these, Kiya of course, had the underhand influence in suggesting the 28W.

I thought there would be more evolution pics on this thread seeing as how these jeans are fantastic, unfortunately I'm lacking the before pictures. For the most part, I've been wearing these since May (all of summer) and I can personally attest the breathability of these jeans.

Now, a very disparate compilation of thoughts:

I get a weird fade on my right thigh for not keeping anything in that pocket (as it is actually the outline of the pocket itself).

My opinions on the patch are all positive, I don't think the size of it at all encumbers the overall look of the jeans, especially since I don't wear a belt it becomes quite prominent. It has tanned really well from just natural exposure, I haven't oiled it but i tried rubbing some indigo off with a cleaner.

I was too lazy to get these hemmed properly so I ended up with a dumb style of cuffing.

I tried taking good pictures (last 3 pics are in the sun, the rest, in the shade and are more true to color).

Haha, I thought you owned a black pair too. Those look amazing man.

So, they wear well even in the heat?

Also, what waist size are you normally?

Thanks and keep rockin' the look.

-JF

p.s. just double the cuffs at a reasonable height. reduce the stacks w/o that flipped up look. Personally, I like it.

about the SEXIH03:

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/11/cycling-jeans-theyre-pant-tastic.html

thought this was sort of funny. If you don't 'get' it, or just don't want the high end stuff then just relax and don't buy it..

Dayamn, and here I thought the point was the moved seam, thick denim, large thighs, and chain clearance. Thanks bikes-nob!

• 2 months later...

Update: Just thought I'd do a side-by-side comparison of an 8-month-old pair of sexih01s and a brand new one (courtesy of Kiya and the sufu party contest; Thanks again!). This thread better get more love, especially for the 8 new reasons. Enjoy poor lighting and grainy shots!

th_CIMG0993.jpgth_CIMG0991.jpgth_CIMG0987.jpgth_CIMG0992.jpgth_CIMG0990.jpgth_CIMG0989.jpgth_CIMG0988.jpg

Yes, I plan on hemming the new ones as well as fixing emerging/existing holes in the old ones.

By the time these were released online, there were only two pairs of 36 left, and they were both jumped on in the first hour (and I was one of them).It drives me crazy thinking about guys with size 28s that can pick up another pair in the future, where with me, it was just pure luck that I was at home and not at work on that Monday noon (5pm Sunday in SF).

about the SEXIH03:

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/11/cycling-jeans-theyre-pant-tastic.html

thought this was sort of funny. If you don't 'get' it, or just don't want the high end stuff then just relax and don't buy it..

they have some good points. Why no crotch reinforcement (for example)? Wearing tight 21 OZ denim is just not practical for bike riding. Imagine the pain this will inflict in a hot summer day? Remenber, when you sweat in your bike, your jeans shrink. So now your jeans are hot and sweaty and you can't move right cause of the tightness. Also, the jeans that we speak of in this forum aren't as durable as was once though. For $360 will these jeans really outlast a couple of wranglers? 21 oz is a double edge sword people.

they have some good points. Why no crotch reinforcement (for example)? Wearing tight 21 OZ denim is just not practical for bike riding. Imagine the pain this will inflict in a hot summer day? Remenber, when you sweat in your bike, your jeans shrink. So now your jeans are hot and sweaty and you can't move right cause of the tightness. Also, the jeans that we speak of in this forum aren't as durable as was once though. For $360 will these jeans really outlast a couple of wranglers? 21 oz is a double edge sword people.

I dunno man. I wear my jeans harder than most anyone on here (I think). Based off my 1634s wear, IH denim appears likely to last something on the order of 3-4 times as long as Pure Blue for biking in, which in my case amounts to around 6-8 months of daily rides (so 1800+ miles). They're great to bike in right now, and spring and fall as well. I'll skip them in the summer, so it's only 9 months of usefulness I suppose.

The denim is sanforized, so it's not gonna shrink. Also, of all the jeans I own, none are more comfortable to bike in than these.

I dunno if they'll outlast a half-dozen pairs of thin-ass wranglers, but I also don't give a shit. For the same reason I don't wear spandex out at night, I don't wear wranglers (they're both ugly as shit IMO). These don't compete with real biking gear for half-day/day long rides, but for around town biking, they're pretty awesome.

Have you tried biking in a pair? The cut is pretty spot on for biking.

As usual, you're wrong on mulitple fronts.

Where should i start?

-Crotch IS reinforced, besides being rivetted at the j-stitch, the crotch cross stitch has been moved 1" up towards the front to avoid sitting on it, then it's been bar-tacked over the usual stitch

-Yes, for $360 they will outlast Wranglers, once again you're a moron for talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet good money you've never even seen Iron Heart's denim in person, if you had, you'd know it lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 times as long as ANY other denim on the market, especially anything made from Wrangler.

-The IH denim breaths far better than you can imagine, it's a loose weave (slack weave), which is why the denim stretches so much after thirty to fourty wears, it actually breathes better than many other types of denim that are far lower in weight

Where should i start?

-Crotch IS reinforced, besides being rivetted at the j-stitch, the crotch cross stitch has been moved 1" up towards the front to avoid sitting on it, then it's been bar-tacked over the usual stitch

-Yes, for $360 they will outlast Wranglers, once again you're a moron for talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet good money you've never even seen Iron Heart's denim in person, if you had, you'd know it lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 times as long as ANY other denim on the market, especially anything made from Wrangler.

-The IH denim breaths far better than you can imagine, it's a loose weave (slack weave), which is why the denim stretches so much after thirty to fourty wears, it actually breathes better than many other types of denim that are far lower in weight

pwned

(10char)

Where should i start?

-Yes, for $360 will outlast Wranglers, once again you're a moron for talking about something you know nothing about. I'll bet good money you've never even seen Iron Heart's denim in person, if you had, you'd know it lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 times as long as ANY other denim on the market, especially anything made from Wrangler.

You mad? lol

Kiya, what did you study in college? Marketing?

Let me get this straight.

"the crotch cross stitch has been moved 1" up"

You are bragging about something that A LOT of low rise jeans already have. This is such a small detail, that it barely needs any mentioning. THen you mentioned that you bartacked a stitch? Running a little thin on features are we?

If you think that a bartack and a crotch rivet could prevent a blowout and other problems then you sir are the Idiot.

EIther that, or you are a greasy salesmen that goes to EVERY forum carefully pumping his products non stop, in every post.

Kiya, you are a salesman. Everything you say is biased. Some people don't realize that

and actually believe all the game you pump. Everytime you get a new brand in your store all you do is go to the internet and pump, pump, pump. All of a sudden, that brand is the greatest thing well, since the last brand you bought.

THe funny thing is that anytime somebody says anything even slightly critical about your brands, you jump on them with name calling. You call them idiots, fools, etc for not eating up your game. But I don't have the typical SuFu mentality buddy. I am independent and i don't need no salesman to tell me what to think.

So no sir, YOU are the moron. a fat, balding moron.

BTW. Your jeans cost around 10 times as much as some wranglers. I'm willing to bet everything I own that your jeans will not outlive 10 wranglers or 9 or 8...

You mad? lol

Kiya, what did you study in college? Marketing?

Let me get this straight.

"the crotch cross stitch has been moved 1" up"

You are bragging about something that A LOT of low rise jeans already have. This is such a small detail, that it barely needs any mentioning. THen you mentioned that you bartacked a stitch? Running a little thin on features are we?

If you think that a bartack and a crotch rivet could prevent a blowout and other problems then you sir are the Idiot.

EIther that, or you are a greasy salesmen that goes to EVERY forum carefully pumping his products non stop, in every post.

Kiya, you are a salesman. Everything you say is biased. Some people don't realize that

and actually believe all the game you pump. Everytime you get a new brand in your store all you do is go to the internet and pump, pump, pump. All of a sudden, that brand is the greatest thing well, since the last brand you bought.

THe funny thing is that anytime somebody says anything even slightly critical about your brands, you jump on them with name calling. You call them idiots, fools, etc for not eating up your game. But I don't have the typical SuFu mentality buddy. I am independent and i don't need no salesman to tell me what to think.

So no sir, YOU are the moron. a fat, balding moron.

BTW. Your jeans cost around 10 times as much as some wranglers. I'm willing to bet everything I own that your jeans will not outlive 10 wranglers or 9 or 8...

Hey buddy, instead of making yourself look like a total tool, why don't you take the time to stop being so narrow-minded and listen to his actual points. Name calling will get you nowhere in life.

You seriously must be aware of your own bullshit to the point of which you're just WAITING for neg reps and state in your own sig that you'll neg rep a person back.

I did nothing but answer the questions you asked in your post.

For somebody that claims that they "used to be in the industry", you don't know much about what you're talking about across my threads, the Blue in Green Warehouse jean thread, the Self Edge sponsored thread, and every other thread you post in.

For the record, i did not study marketing in college. To be honest, i didn't go to college and wasn't too interested in finishing High School (even though i did..). I got here by dedicating over ten years of my life to collecting denim and studying the science between indigo and fibers.

You seriously must be aware of your own bullshit to the point of which you're just WAITING for neg reps and state in your own sig that you'll neg rep a person back.

I did nothing but answer the questions you asked in your post.

For somebody that claims that they "used to be in the industry", you don't know much about what you're talking about across my threads, the Blue in Green Warehouse jean thread, the Self Edge sponsored thread, and every other thread you post in.

For the record, i did not study marketing in college. To be honest, i didn't go to college and wasn't too interested in finishing High School (even though i did..). I got here by dedicating over ten years of my life to collecting denim and studying the science between indigo and fibers.

First of all I have never stated that I "used to be in the industry". You are confusing me for somebody else, or you just don't know what you are talking about.

second of all, I did not ask a question. I stated my opinion, which was that 21 OZ denim is not practical for biking. You proceeded to call me a moron and put forward a very weak argument which I tore apart.

You are only using SuFu to pump your products and your post are full of shit, I'm just putting it out there.

Now you want to be rude (to a post that was not aimed at you), and when somebody gives you the same treatment, you want to play innocent.

Just be a man, admit you doing it for the moniez.

Hey buddy, instead of making yourself look like a total tool, why don't you take the time to stop being so narrow-minded and listen to his actual points. Name calling will get you nowhere in life.
stop posting now before you make an even bigger ass of yourself, douchebag.

Here, take a napkin. Whipe your nose, i think it's brown.

Kiss ass

Here, take a napkin. Whipe your nose, i think it's brown.

Kiss ass

How am I a kiss ass for just calling it like I see it. You have done nothing but piss all over this thread when other people were trying to keep it civil. So I would appreciate it if you don't try to go after me as well as everyone else. I didn't say your arguments were wrong, nor did I say Kiya's were correct. All I said was that you should show a little bit more respect to people if you want them to listen to your views. If you want to be negative, at least do it in a constructive manner.