what are you eating today?

soepom

plongin - the place looks promising, but I haven't tried any of their real food yet. Any recoomendations?

today

1543908268_96c08f222d_o.jpg

vietnamese spring rolls

1543047185_fdef1aa9d4_o.jpg

phở with every imaginable beef part

1543048779_b88b12b56e_o.jpg

vietnamese coffee with condensed milk

1543050025_5a6db9b793_o.jpg

half price dessert

apple strudel with vanilla ice-cream

damn hbss, that cake looks damn good.

whiz - cuban pork and ham sandwich, the pulled pork sandwich and the kong bak sandwich. the soups are great too. actually, nothing on the menu has failed to satisfy so far, and im quite sure ive tried almost everything. just order the sampler platter the next time you go there.

dessert.

canele_2.jpg

plongin and whizkit - where's this place you are talking about. take me please!

hbss did your friend make that cake as well? that looks pretty amazing

and yes my mum made that crocodile loaf. yes, it's pretty next level indeed.

dinner out last night:

wayet1010ok3.jpg

sam lou hor fun (broad flat rice noodles fried with sliced fish)

lunch by mum today:

wayet1011apw2.jpg

cod fillet, soup (i don't recall what, but it was good) and peppers stuffed with feta and pesto (i bought from deli)

dinner at work:

wayet1011bed1.jpg

carrot soup

wayet1011cnf7.jpg

alaskan crab leg and fresh seared scallop in butter sauce

Yesterday's breakfast: four packets of mi goreng with four cans of tuna and 4 litres of jasmine tea.

20u4p3n.jpg

Breakfast today: four packets of mi goreng and four litres of jasmin tea. Ran out of tuna :(

2cpwzlf.jpg

Since summer is coming I've been drinking more when I eat so I don't eat as much. My record is 12 packets of mi goreng (with a can of fried spam) then my throat died on me and I got really annoyed at continuously making them so I drank some water and instantly got full.

Sure it isn't some Soepom's mum quality made food but hey, at least I made it myself :)

mmmm the msg goodness

poostain as a matter of fact, i love instant noodles. mi goreng is among my favourites, and i have a real soft spot for cup noodles... when i want comfort food, it's all i crave. and i dont want no nothing to go with it. just plain old processed carbs and msg.

oie whizkit go ikea eat meatballs boh jio!!!!! tsk.

down with bad cough and cold, told my mum i wanted some light food, and this is what she prepared:

wayet1013aao2.jpg

porridge with dried scallop, crab in beanpaste, stir fried shark cubes, prawn on tofu, veg and jews ears in special sauce.

wayet1013bqr0.jpg

fruits: peach, pear and mango (the last of which i couldn't have 'cos it's bad for cough)

oie whizkit go ikea eat meatballs boh jio!!!!! tsk.

sorry, it was totally unplanned. Just happened that I was in the area for a constrction site meeting and had 2 hours between that and dinner. Yes.... I had meatballs 2 hours before dinner....

Wow! This is classic swedish school cafeteria food! I might do a vegetarian version of that though.. that pic made me nostalgic.

Meatballs brings back great memories for me of my few months in Lund. They were my staple during that time, had it for almost every meal. It was the cheapest meat product I could find on the supermarket shelves.

What would a vegetarian version be made from?

whizkit your food looks so good i wish i was in that place right now, wherever it is. ps. did you try mcd's french fries with vanilla yet?

not yet. Haven't been to mcd recently. Thanks for reminding me.;)

Just got home from an excellent asian cuisine restaurant with a few of my friends. It's called Congee Queen, the place is very elegant and the service was phenomenal. Within 5 mins my food was ready..

Here's what i ordered:

dscf1018ok0.jpg

Fried Noodle w/chicken & satay sauce with a side order of chicken spring rolls (Eaten).. I caught major Itis after consuming it.. It looks small, but its actually quite a handful in person

Also ate some fried shrimp balls, squid w/ beef and a bit of general tso chicken..(ate some of my friends stuff :D)

i ate with my legs normal but i DID sing about being a street rat

and was your menudo avec raisins

the street rat part made it like aladdin but crossing your legs while eating would've made it a real street rat type meal. and you need a monkey.

my menudo was sans raisins. i've never had raisins in my menudo.

does it change the taste a lot? or is it the same but once in a while you'll get this random sweetness from the raisins?

whizkit

you have to try the vanilla and french fries thing. its awesome, but most people i know think its disgusting.

great minds think alike lamie

has anyone ever tried mixing bopis with lechon sauce? sounds weird but they fit really well together.

Meatballs brings back great memories for me of my few months in Lund. They were my staple during that time, had it for almost every meal. It was the cheapest meat product I could find on the supermarket shelves.

What would a vegetarian version be made from?

Did you not find the Falukorv? That has to be cheaper!

The traditional swedish recipe for meat balls includes beer btw.. my grandmother always did that. Maybe something for soepoms mum to try out :)

Theres alot of products made from Quorn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn that resemble meat, such as sauseges, burgers, "chicken breast" and meatballs.. really nice actually, and simpler than having my parents trying to learn to cook anything vegetarian. Good amount of protein and tastes nice.

Was trying to recall what falukorv looked like and this was the first pic to show up on google.

mbgthiwa.jpg

Can't remember why I never bought it, was on the same shelf as the meatballs, which were 32kr/kg. Could be because the meatballs had more of a semblence to real meat (although probably not any less processed than the other cheap meat products available) .