what are you eating today?

soepom

If you look at that picture just so, it kind of has a pig's face X Cassette Playa look to it... coincidentally my mental image after seeing kimbap, wasabi, and gari on a plate together was a pig dressed up in a gown, wearing a tiara...

woke up in the middle of the night thanks to this year's flu and made a toasted PBJ with natural peanut butter melted on sourdough with a banana. never eating a "regular" PBJ ever again; it was that good. then again i'm the frugal type; getting post frosted mini-wheats as opposed to house brand is a real treat for me :)

100_4324.JPG

feng li su (mandarin) or you can google "taiwanese pineapple pastry" (lulz)

鳳梨酥 -- surely you can find some in NYC or Toronto? Get someone to proxy it for you.

early dinner of sushi (1/2 eaten).

ArtShowandRandomPics314.jpg

Haha!! That Korean lady lied to you...

IT IS AMAZING how many ways disillusioned can fail at threads on sufu. I love kimbab though btw, but calling it sushi is like mistaking spam for a good piece of slowcooked smoked or chinese-style hamhock.

well played, my friend.

when i was in Buenos Aires at this outdoor market they had one vendor that only sold salami-and-cheese minisandwiches, they were really cheap and made of that thick-cut chewy spicy kind of salami and minirounds of whole wheat bread. i bought several and ate them while walking around they were delicious.

Stuff from last week really.

3 courses.

scallopwn7.jpg

Scallop & Whiting Timbale with Saffron Beurre Blanc

duckqn2.jpg

Roast Duck Breast with Beetroot Marmalade, Pommes Noisette and a Port Glaze

applecakeug8.jpg

Warm Apple Cake with Blueberry Compote

Dinner one night

chermoulasg6.jpg

Chicken Chermoula with Mint Salad - I really really enjoyed making and devouring this. First time making Morroccan anything.

Breakfast one day

asparagusbr9.jpg

Pancetta Wrapped Asparagus and Sauteed Mushrooms.