what are you eating today?

soepom

trevorino.....that heartstopper looks fucking awesome! i trust it was tasty taste?
looks like some good munchies food

tasty as fuckkkkk, only thing is they put like 3 dozen jalapenos on that bitch, it ruled, but my mouth was on fire

arhgjhsdjgfhskjhh home made ramennnnn. the last time i tried that out the soup based bombed like a mofo.

how'd it turn out? recipe (if it aint your secret..)?

no secret, but this time we were a bit lazy. just used the leftover broth from the pork ribs and added some packet stuff that came with the ramen. but added shitloads of crushed garlic.

for toppings, we used naruto, shinachiku, chasiu, scallions, boiled eggs and more crushed garlic. should've added wakame in hindsight.

wasn't bad, but we've been more successful with tori-gara (chicken bones) before. also felt like the chasiu was too fatty.

we need more practice.

Try my Chashu recipe

3 cups Coke, preferably mexican or kosher, but reg works fine, no diet

3 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed

4 tablespoons Soy Sauce

2 tablespoons cooking sake

3 thin slices of peeled ginger

2lbs pork belly, skin removed

5 Scallions or 1 Naganegi cut into 1 inch pieces

sea salt

crushed black pepper

olive oil

-In a deep wide pan, sear scallions/negi and garlic until lightly brown, set aside

-Lightly season with a little bit of salt and a lot of pepper and sear on all sides, remove any liquid fat with a paper towel.

-Add coke, sake

-Bring to a boil, skim any foam from top

-Add garlic, ginger, and scallions

-Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 2 hours, flipping every 20-30 minutes, adding water or dashi if the liquid gets too thick.

-Wrap in aluminum foil and let the meat rest for 20 minutes before slicing.

mr smartman - the blue and the cigar are giveaways.

heheh...whizkit, where did you get it from? the only place ive been findin them are hong kong n japan. we've been bringin boxes bak each time, but it just doens't satisfy our family's need. Is there any other ways/ online method to get these?

damn, i dont know how people eat their eggs sunny side up. That's like asking for salmonella.

oh, come on, salmonella, SCHMALMONELLA. once you've made and tasted your own mayonnaise from scratch, with real raw eggs, you'll be so blown away that you won't think about those pesky bacteria anymore.

made pancakes this morning..they came out funky looking but tasted yummy

what you call "funky" i call "beautiful"

heheh...whizkit, where did you get it from? the only place ive been findin them are hong kong n japan. we've been bringin boxes bak each time, but it just doens't satisfy our family's need. Is there any other ways/ online method to get these?

you can get the yoku moku stuff at neiman marcus online.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/47/search.jhtml?ip_state=&ip_autoSummarize=true&ip_perPage=15&orgUrl=%2Fstore%2Fcatalog%2F47%2Fsearch.jhtml&srcText=yoku+moku&x=0&y=0

kinda expensive but they're derriciousss.

Guest spazzz
hey man you ate at mitsuwa? fun place:P

indeed, yelp reviews looked promising and it was. not as fatty as I'd wished (the broth), but excellent none the less