what are you eating today?

soepom

lol skid how does durian taste to someone who is new to it? comparable to any other fruits?

It's unlike most household fruits. I wouldn't call it a fruit as far as flavor or texture goes. It goes by seed and around it is fleshy durian 'meat'.... ranges from sweet to bittersweet to downright bitter.

D24 is supposed to be the preferred champion of Durian in Singapore. Very bitter but has a sweet after taste.

the buffalo wing challenge at University Chicken aka Cluck U's in San Jose is bad bad stuff. my friends threw up after one and even just the smell is mean. you gotta sign a waiver too when you do it but damn its hard.

12 wings 10 minutes no water no napkins must eat all meat and all sauce including anything on your fingers before time is up

the shit is black and rumored to contain ingredients they use for pepper spray.

DSC_0025_crop.jpg

DSC_0063_crop.jpg

So I skipped it with you guys, sorry.

2174881880_8bd5483ebe_o.jpg

I had some provincial French instead. So warming on such a rainy and cold day like yesterday...

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4068.JPG

Roasted rabbit with dijon mustard sauce

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

Sourdough rye bread

IMG_4070.JPG

hella lonely though.

^ hmm, no one in my family makes kaya. few homes do it nowadays - we usually buy it from some reputable coffeeshop/bakery. apparently the ingredients are really simple, just eggs, sugar and coconut milk, but takes quite alot of skill to get it done right.

where are you, paypal me and i'll send some over lah. haha.