what are you eating today?

soepom

is it all gooey inside? that would be bomb.

no, that wouldn't make a good cake and it would fall apart. it's like a regular cake but you can taste the nutella really good. plus there are chocolate chips in it. one of the best cakes i've ever had (devils food is still a better chocolate cake)

it's all gone now though :(

I'm poor, so I make up this super filling, cheap as fuck chili, stew thing:

can of tomato puree, garlic, olive oil; can of black beans, can of kidney beans, .5 can corn, lots of red pepper flakes, then add half cooked couscous. Let it cook on the stove for like 10 minutes, then melt some jalapeño cheese in it and eat w/ tostitos chips.

comfort food for the northern hemisphere, winter, raw vegan.

my bros treated me out for a birthday dinner at la estrellita poblana in the bronx. good food and cwgs all around.

starter chips and salsa:

imag0140b.jpg

after that, we had the option of getting guacomole or pico de gallo. we chose spicy pico:

imag0142k.jpg

the aftermath:

imag0143k.jpg

some horchata to wash it all down:

imag0141q.jpg

my boy had fajitas camarones (shrimp fajitas):

imag0145e.jpg

other had shrimp in a diablo sauce (super spicy):

imag0147e.jpg

endless supply of steaming hot tortillas:

imag0146h.jpg

i had the especial (steak and shrimp with onions, jalapenos, peppers, and tomatoes):

imag0149.jpg

side of rice and beans:

imag0148n.jpg

they decided to be smartasses and asked for a special treat. out came a slice of (dank) cake (the cream was

nothing short of amazing):

imag0150b.jpg

===

great dinner. ended up having to take half of my dish home (i was stuffed).

haven't celebrated my birthday (didn't even get a birthday greeting from family) since i was 4. so this was special

for me.

No photos, but today was snack day at work and there's a giant table full of assorted snacks and junk.

Anyways, someone brought this kalamata olive spread that is on point. Retarded good if you dig olives. So I just slapped a bunch of that junk onto crackers and had a ball.

this actually looks like it might be the shittiest pizza served outside of a prison
Haha, it's actually not and considered one of the best pizza joints in Brooklyn because of how their squares has cheese under the sauce and not over it.
pretty sure they were featured on man v. food. Looks bomb as fuck
You sir are correct and I devoured the 3 slices in under 5 minutes
thats a old school Sicilian slice from an old school joint
Yep, pretty much a Brooklyn landmark and their squares are a must try at least once

Chicken Parm Sandwich today:

2nio9jn.jpg

heeeeey, anybody have any good seasonings/recipes for some good prime rib? my mom wants to make some for christmas, but she has no idea what to use for seasoning..l0l0l0l0l0l0l

Is it bone-in? I have a pretty easy recipe that always come out perfect.

Leave the meat out covered so that it comes to room temp. Take 1/4-1/2 stick of butter (depending on size of cut - Euro style butter if it's available) and cover the outside. Rub sea salt and fresh pepper all over to give it a nice crust.

Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees and cook the meat for 5 minutes per pound. Shut the oven off and leave the meat in there for 1.5 hours (don't open the door!). Once it's ready, give it a slice to see if it needs more cooking but it should be a really good medium rare, on the rare side.