what are you eating today?

soepom

From this past week

Rice with smoked pork neck pinto beans with salsa roja y salsa verde

imagewrvm.jpg

Sandwich from local shop: roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, lots of stuffing and mayo

imagenfy.jpg

Egg salad on one and pimento cheese on the other

imagekaf.jpg

Never ending sheet pan of pretzel caramel. Layer of shortbread underneath

imageslcp.jpg

Family meal @ work before brunch service

imagetnt.jpg

Buffalo shrimp and Monterey jack on puff pastry

imagegpra.jpg

So, you must be accustomed to the taste now, but do you add any sweeteners? I am with almond butter etc. but I know a lot of people may reek at the smell and graininess. 

Currently trying to finish up a jar of Justin's Nut Butter so I can go get the chocolate hazel nut. They are all dairy free, vegan FWIW

Edited by gettoasty

well before paleo, (crunchy) peanut butter was what got my day started...everyday! so for me, there's no settling in period at all when it comes to getting used to almond butter.

sweeteners? ...well this time i've added a few drops of stevia and 1tsp. coconut oil after "step2" was done, but that's about it!

I always try to improve the taste of something, when trying/making it for the 2nd or 3rd time...so maybe I'll do/add sth. different when doing it again in a few days! u never know...

Just got back from Berlin.

awok9g.jpg

r1d9u1.jpg

308ikif.jpg

- Cream of asparagus soup with macadamia nuts and chives

- Argentine fillet in a red wine reduction with rosemary roasted potatoes, mediterranean grilled vegetables and pancetta

- Fried strawberry with cream, green tea ice cream and sorrel

ff79d536ce5911e28e0122000aaa0935_7.jpg

Third time at a farm-to-plate concept near one of our shops. Sausage and pasta amongst other things. 

55e8d658d4b111e2808622000a1f9aaf_7.jpg

GoT pre-game, a moat of cheese around around a castle of carb.

ab403348d4e411e29efa22000ae90e92_7.jpg

Still questing for the best fish tacos. Find myself preferring the Baja style batter fried ones more and more. Not a knock on this place though, their tortillas are respectable.

7a30abf4c9b611e2b78322000a1fac13_7.jpg

Odd work byproduct has me increasingly acquainted with the better stuff as of late. 

Last night I dreamt about heating up a metal cylinder about the circumference of a yolk. Then, once it is warm, I would insert an egg so the albumen would go on the bottom and the yolk would top it off. After a few minutes it would be solid and editable.

Do you think this is doable? I kind of want to try it out...

Last night I dreamt about heating up a metal cylinder about the circumference of a yolk. Then, once it is warm, I would insert an egg so the albumen would go on the bottom and the yolk would top it off. After a few minutes it would be solid and editable.

Do you think this is doable? I kind of want to try it out...

Like http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/egg-fry-rings/?

Not quite. I want the cylinder to be maybe 6 cms long. I reckon it might require a larger white to yolk ratio, but thats what I dreamt of.

On a different note, today I dreamt of a big tiger behind a beautifully wood carven door and a very small cub in front of the door on a road somewhere in south east asia. I took a photo of the door with two local children in front. Not long after I woke up. But that's totally unrelated to this topic :)