what are you eating today?

soepom

May as well post this old pic of a sandwich I made when I was bored ages ago. Has home made garlic mayo , salad , ham , crispy bacon and a nice med-rare steak on some ciabatta topped with a nice runny egg. No idea why I made it lol but it tasted pretty good.7nwIVyx.jpg

Pile a bunch of leafy greens on there, or cruciferous. Anything that can hold up to it -- kale, broccoli, etc. Toss it with some neutral oil, throw it on the grates. Some parts will get good charring, some will just soften up, good texture variety. Throw it in a bowl, season it -- can keep it as simple as olive oil, lemon, salt. It's nice to have on the side, and helps me power through more meat.

I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the asian market for the last grill-out and ended up with charred bok choy, hon shimeji mushrooms tossed with a fish sauce/lime/garlic/sugar/rice vinegar dressing. Grilled some of those chinese bakery hot dog buns, too, and threw them in there as croutons because WHY NOT.

yeah i need to eat some more vegetables. it's not even like they're expensive, and everything is awesome on the grill

i just don't know what goes with what so i just skip it :( noob status

Pile a bunch of leafy greens on there, or cruciferous. Anything that can hold up to it -- kale, broccoli, etc. Toss it with some neutral oil, throw it on the grates. Some parts will get good charring, some will just soften up, good texture variety. Throw it in a bowl, season it -- can keep it as simple as olive oil, lemon, salt. It's nice to have on the side, and helps me power through more meat.

I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the asian market for the last grill-out and ended up with charred bok choy, hon shimeji mushrooms tossed with a fish sauce/lime/garlic/sugar/rice vinegar dressing. Grilled some of those chinese bakery hot dog buns, too, and threw them in there as croutons because WHY NOT.

Always a good time this one. "Singaporean" fresh lumpia.

Base filling is shredded beancurd, carrots, cabbage, green beans, and pork. The stuff on top is made of fresh bean sprouts, sliced scrambled egg, boiled shrimps, peanuts, crushed fried wanton, cilantro, sambal paste, and sweet soy sauce. 

tumblr_msowlq0Ybn1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Ginza Bairin's Khatsu-dum.

tumblr_mspdu9s7Ud1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Baked 150g Chocolate Chip cookies for a friend's coffee stall.

tumblr_msuq65gWJA1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

First time having Spicy Soft Tofu Stew (Soondubuchigae). 

tumblr_mswfhvhLzg1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Edited by WillKhitie

• 2 weeks later...

Always a good time this one. "Singaporean" fresh lumpia.

Base filling is shredded beancurd, carrots, cabbage, green beans, and pork. The stuff on top is made of fresh bean sprouts, sliced scrambled egg, boiled shrimps, peanuts, crushed fried wanton, cilantro, sambal paste, and sweet soy sauce. 

Ginza Bairin's Khatsu-dum.

Baked 150g Chocolate Chip cookies for a friend's coffee stall.

tumblr_msuq65gWJA1r1d19oo1_500.jpg

Baked cookies? Lmao. Fried is the way to go, or hell even boiled.

Was trying to find an og jajangmyeon spot and happened upon a place called Hyeonraejang where you can view the chefs making the noodles

1. Jajangmyeon - sauce was more gelatenous than your average jajangmyeon and the noodles were almost like linguini

kCH151el.jpg

2. dunno what this is called but it was spicy and a bit sour with noodles

n9zMKqAl.jpg

3.  patbingsu - you can find this everywhere in seoul.  i forgot what this particular place was called but it was in a touristy spot and therefore overpriced

m11qxrBl.jpg