kicked it up in the cooking department...last week or so

11ifia0.jpg

filet mignon stir-fry and string bean tempura

qsnokh.jpg

french onion soup and simple greens salad

3502hic.jpg

beet, leek goat cheese tart thingy and salad

9jf8ud.jpg

cream cheese pound cake w/ chocolate mint whipped cream...it was soooo good.

DAAMMNNN and your dishes are crazy. Do you live in the kitchen of Adour or something?

Of the Holy Trinity of Pizza chains, its a shame not one can get an almost good product. Each have their virtues I suppose but on the whole, Pizza Hut, Papa, and Dom are all garbage.

Rays should just go nation wide. Their pizza is almost good and provided they keep with the whole NY Slice appeal, it will go off like gang busters across the country.

Just saying.

I used to feel the same way. I grew up in Delaware. We had a fair amount of independent, Italian owned pizza shops but they're proximity to my house made delivery not an option, so i ended up going the route of rotating dominoes, pizza hut, and papa johns on a regular basis.

I move to NYC and just assumed that Dominoes (39 in manhattan), Pizza Hut (21 in manhattan) and Papa Johns (15 in Manhattan) just didnt exist but they do. They thrive in a city teaming with pizza. Better pizza to boot. I assumed the natives would turn the nose up to the stuff but seemingly they dont. You could say their business is tourist driven but they are found in areas lacking hotels, which is the only way a tourist would be able to order, as I have yet to see people sitting outside on the curb with a Large and a coke. You could say that those store numbers are small when compared nationally but keep in mind manhattan is only 2 miles wide by 12 miles long.

The only answer I can surmise is that even people who grew up with good pizza succomb to the familiarity and convenience of it all.

I blame dominoes existing in Manhattan on NYU and the projects

Kids and poor people arent going to pay 12-19 dollars for a 12 inch neopolitan style margarita with buffallo moz, and san marzano tomatoes, when they can get 3 large on tuesday for 5 each.