what are you eating today?

soepom

That tomato soup looks striking mouko, have a recipie?

Yeah on my blog: http://therapysessions.livejournal.com/233809.html#cutid1

we have Beard Papa in Sydney too....do you guys get the green tea and choc cream fillings in NYC mouko? they are my favorite :P

Don't think the one in NYC has green tea, they do have chocolate though. Damn that sounds good

I looked at that and was expecting it to be a fucking banh mi and then I was like WUT.

vinamee dint mek no banh MEH wut wut wut.

haha. I upgraded my banh mi recipe, but it takes all day to make the meat. I use David Chang's recipe for roasted pork belly instead of chinese bbq pork. Shits the bomb, everyone needs to try it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/PORK-BELLY-BUNS-240258

I'll throw down some next level banh mi soon.

Any beef that you can't eat raw is not good and I would not chance any of those burgers to be honest or American beef in general. The majority is corn feed, comes in big portions and is tasteless due to the animal never seeing grass or fresh air.

on the weekend

i ate a cornbeef roll

1bsandwicheh5.jpg

and i went on a date and ate lamb & kumera, feta & spinach and chicken & avocado pizzas

1bpizzalambfm4.jpg

1bpizzavegeew5.jpg

1bpizzachickenbe5.jpg

we ate them on the beach

1bmaniavf2.jpg

and went for a walk, a local fisherman gave us a fish, it was still alive so we let it go

1bfishol2.jpg

my sister in law made a curry thing, was yum even if it dont look it

1bcurryqd8.jpg

Any beef that you can't eat raw is not good and I would not chance any of those burgers to be honest or American beef in general. The majority is corn feed, comes in big portions and is tasteless due to the animal never seeing grass or fresh air.

we gotta fancy pants over here guys

"Mad Cow was first detected in England in the mid-1980s, where it has killed over 180,000 cattle. From Britain it spread to Europe, infecting over 4,200 cattle in 19 countries by mid-2003. The disease still kills 2-3 cattle each day in Europe. [viii] Japan has had 11 confirmed cases since first found there in 2001. In May of 2003 a bull tested positive in Canada and the US had its first case in December of that year. The Czech Republic confirmed one case in January 2004. BSE has also appeared in Israel, Oman, and the Falkland Islands.[ix] vCJD cases have been reported in the UK, France, Canada, Ireland, Italy and the US. [x]"

Pipe down skipper. Only beef that wants to be lethal is Europe's. If we're talking about non-lethal forms of Food Borne Illness, it can happen just as easily in Europe as in America. While I admit that the meat being used in mcdonalds,wendys,burger king is suspect, there are a number of chains (five guys, in and out, etc) that dont use the doo doo beef.

Here is a nice little article about how France fully embraces the low bottom burger. However they did have to go and add some pretense to the meat to keep up with international perception of France. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/16/dining/16paris.html?scp=1&sq=haute%20burger&st=cse

I cut my finger open pretty nastily tonight, which is quite bad being a classical gutar student, but it was worth it for...

A grilled tri-tip sanwich served on foccacia with brie, tomatoes, onions, and horseradish

S1051256.jpg

Paired with my favorite tripel

S1051253.jpg

and...

S1051257.jpg