what are you eating today?

soepom

Fuck. Five guys knows how shit is done, especially love how they top off your bag with more fries so you know you're not getting jipped. I gotta say, I still prefer Blue 9 (shake shack a bit overrated to me). In and Out still #1 all around for me though.

dude blue 9 is garbage.

these tacos are the BEST EVER! i first had them at my aunts house when i was 7 where they sold it in a stand. then i finally found them again at some mexican restaurant in my school.

main_courses_mexican_tacos_carne_asada_300x450.jpg

theyre just so fucking good. is it just cilantro onion and beef? i would like to make a boat load and just eat them. :) not in the picture but in general.

these tacos are the BEST EVER! i first had them at my aunts house when i was 7 where they sold it in a stand. then i finally found them again at some mexican restaurant in my school.

main_courses_mexican_tacos_carne_asada_300x450.jpg

theyre just so fucking good. is it just cilantro onion and beef? i would like to make a boat load and just eat them. :) not in the picture but in general.

tacos.jpg

I made street style tacos a while ago. I got the recipe from a friends dad who runs a taco truck back home.

Recipe as followed:

Ingredients

12 6" corn tortillas

1 lb flank steak, fat trimmed off

Pepper jack cheese

1 white onion, chopped

1 Bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped

2 limes, sliced into wedges

Salt and pepper

(optional)

salsa verde

avocado, pitted, sliced and chopped

Marinade:

4 Garlic cloves, diced

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded according to taste, sliced

Juice of 2 limes

Juice of 1 orange

Loose cup of cilantro, roughly chopped

2 tablespoons white vinegar

1/2 cup olive oil

Salt and pepper

Directions:

- Slice flank steak into 1 1/2"-2" strips against the grain

- Combine marinade ingredients in a large zip lock back; add meat. shake and mix while bag is sealed to evenly coat. Allow to marinate anywhere from 1 to 8 hours.

- Heat a grill pan on high and add a small amount of olive oil. Less is better, as it allows you to get a nice char while keeping the meat rare.

- cook meat in batches, adding a little oil after each batch, and seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook to liking, rarer the better. (about 2-3 mins per side)

Assemble:

- Microwave tortillas for 10-15 seconds to soften (or heat them on a nonstick pan without oil until soft)

- Use 2 tortillas per taco. Pile on cilantro, meat, onions, cheese (and then any additions like avacado or salsa. I prefer just cilantro, meat and onions)

- squeeze a healthy amount of lime over and serve with cold beer

Makes 6 tacos; serves 3 (or 1 hungry person)

Fuck. Five guys knows how shit is done, especially love how they top off your bag with more fries so you know you're not getting jipped. I gotta say, I still prefer Blue 9 (shake shack a bit overrated to me). In and Out still #1 all around for me though.

never heard of blue 9. five guys, shake shack, and in and out are my three tops though to date. i got almost each corner of the us covered far as burger joints go. glad at least ones in my home town :]

Hey dino, is there more to the name "Five Guys" from where you got that burger from? They just opened a place down here in SoCal that I remember having "five guys" in the name, but sure there was more to it.

five guys is all i know. also called five guys burgers and fries i guess to be totally legit. its all red and white checkered in the place. maddddddd good custom grilled cheeses too

never heard of blue 9. five guys, shake shack, and in and out are my three tops though to date. i got almost each corner of the us covered far as burger joints go. glad at least ones in my home town :]

Blue 9 is on 3rd ave and 13th street. It's very similar to in and out (thin patties, toasted bun, fresh cut fries). They got this mango chilli sauce that is super good. Since they're so close to in and out, I rank them before five guys just because I like those types of burgers. But when I want sorta homestyle burgers, I def go to five guys.

Fresh out of the sea muscles, steamed in white wine with double cream added at the end.

2951533935_494784b1f6.jpg

2952384986_c2d3aa397f.jpg

2951534977_c48bd255b2.jpg

2951535765_e80224de5a.jpg

Honey, butter and rosemary roasted potatoes

2952383994_3503f1689d.jpg

2952384572_19e71fb034.jpg

2952385740_d329f187eb.jpg

Lemon juice, olive oil dressing.

2952384386_95d632e03e.jpg

2951534537_3970ed849c.jpg

Silver hake with fennel

2952385422_cb4901828e.jpg

tg's selection of decadent meats is enviable.

Tonight

S1051243.jpg

Paired with:

S1051244.jpg

This burger has a 3/4 pound patty of chuck ground for us by the butcher, crimini mushrooms sauteed with worcestershire and horseradish, long and low sauteed onions, fresh mozzarella, butcher supplied bacon, and heirloom tomatoes on an onion and cheese kaiser roll. It was so damn good. We set out to make the perfect burger, and we did pretty well.

We paired it with a dark Belgian offering from Russian River Brewing, Salvation. When we tried it last week, we knew we had to have it with a burger or steak. It has a robust beefinss that is magnificent with a burger.