what are you eating today?

soepom

Guest jmatsu
august1st002.jpg

august1st003.jpg

Chirashi with iced tea. From a cheap japanese restaurant on yonge street. Cost me $10.00 altogether, well worth it. Sorry for the shit camera pics

i know shit is cheap, but man this shit looks like fuckin garbage.

Sorry for the crap pics, my sisters and I totally forgot to bring a camera.

08-03-08_1925.jpg

Wine-cured mackerel over green zebra tomato gazpacho with purselime and turnip

08-03-08_1926.jpg

Ahi tartare with tobiko caviar, wasabi-crème fraiche, coriander seed, and herb oil

08-03-08_1942.jpg

Venison prosciutto with galia balls, galia sorbet, baby frisée over montbriac

08-03-08_1943.jpg

Foie gras over kabocha pot de crème with pistachios and red onion marmalade

08-03-08_1959.jpg

Fukko seabass over rockshrimp polenta and lobster nage

08-03-08_2007.jpg

Intermezzo of yuzu sorbet

08-03-08_2015.jpg

Grilled day boat sea scallop and saffron dumpling over yukon potato chowder

08-03-08_2016.jpg

Antelope loin with chanterelles over potato mousseline with port wine reduction

08-03-08_2017.jpg

Lobster and hand-made Italian parsley gnocchi with shaved truffle and tarragon lobster nage

08-03-08_2045.jpg

Flourless chocolate souffle with roasted strawberries and organic ice cream

08-03-08_2046.jpg

Black sesame blancmange with pineapple-strawberry salsa and coconut milk reduction

08-03-08_2047.jpg

Lemon gâteau with yuzu-infused mascarpone mousse

actually it's not raw but rare (is that how you say it ?), it's cooked on the outside but limp on the inside. well you see what i mean. so i guess the possible shit you can get are killed anyway. and i think this come straight from the butcher so i don't take lot's of risks.

otherwise, i really love tartare, completly raw steak, it's amazing with a good sauce and some french fries.

You are fucking begging for neg rep.

Not at all, I just posted what I was eating, that's what the thread is titled correct? As long as its not involving any monetary transactions I have been a part of here, I could give a fuck about neg rep. Sorry you take it so seriously.

Interesting dishes from everyone though. Wonder if the dishes are a good as the presentation.

minced meat shouldnt be raw tho...you can get the worst shit if the meat isnt 100% fresh.

but like always..each to his own ;)

thats why one should try to get burgers from places that grind up their own (good) meat fresh

or just do it at home with steak that one grinds up fresh.

medium rare (more rare than medium) are delish.

actually it's not raw but rare (is that how you say it ?), it's cooked on the outside but limp on the inside. well you see what i mean. so i guess the possible shit you can get are killed anyway. and i think this come straight from the butcher so i don't take lot's of risks.

otherwise, i really love tartare, completly raw steak, it's amazing with a good sauce and some french fries.

it was seared, if it is mostly pink and just warm in the middle like it should be, the germs arent really killed, but with fresh meat no worries.

Guest jmatsu
jmats gotta write the "99% of the sushi you eat outside of japan is garbage" book.

i'd buy one for my trip to tokyo in december.

senitment is appreciated, but in my experience there are a lot of sushi places outside of japan that are/were pretty good. 99% huh? shall think about this statistic more...

Guest larry

I would not eat frozen beef rare in a million years, but if you local butcher can mince up some steak on the spot for you then thats fine. Even eat it raw sometimes, steak tartare.

They look like those individually wrapped steak hache's you get in france.

Evolution of christmas dinner, here are my foie gras geese. None of your corn fed marketing on a menu crap, just fresh grass and then what ever local nuts and fruit are around the last 2 months.

christmasdinnerup4.jpg

yes i love steak tartare. and yes, that was an individual steak haché i got in france :) (i wouldn't do it if it was some frozen shit indeed) !

and your 'oies' seems like they're going to give amazing foie gras. my mom sometimes make some with fig, i'll take pics by christmas if i'm with her at this time and have my camera around.

finally got back in the kitchen as of late...i need to grab my camera...

just made some whole wheat linguini with sauteed onion and green pepper with some garlic and basil tomato sauce

and had a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries after

ive successfully gone over a week and a half with no refined sugar...im trying to give it up forever...so far so good although at first here, i've been making up by eating salty stuff