The Flight Jacket Thread

still

thanks,i am aware of that there are two different companys,but what i want to know is which of both jackets is more authentic.the necklabels showing different numbers,so maybe they are not comparable at all.some pics from the MCCoys book:

4180302373_fdf01002a8.jpg

4181062592_72035730fd.jpg

4180301307_96567780a5.jpg

i am not familiar with the DWG and contractnumbers,so i probably asking a noobish,selfexplaining question.anyway,your help is much appreciated!

since i got this jacket i didnt wear my B 10 which is kinda stupid as its keeping me a lot warmer,but slipping into my a2 feels so much better!

maybe a M422 will do the job...;)

edit: after doing some research at VLJ and Acme-depot it looks like Aeroleather did a very good job.i am slowly getting into it...

fit pic:

4180549351_4c74aeb789.jpg

no comments on my untidy beart please!

that looks like it's 2 sizes too big for him, plus it looks like it has handwarmer pockets too...

fit pic:

4180549351_4c74aeb789.jpg

no comments on my untidy beart please!

That jacket looks the shit (that means it looks great in the U.S.) to me. I think McCoys or Aero Scotland are moderately authentic and are probably equal in that regard. You have nothing to be embarrassed about in that coat that's for sure. Neither company is making Ralph Lauren style "inspired by" fashion jackets or cash-in on a trend jackets

my a2 eastman roughwear 27752 finally arrived today. this is my first horsehide leather jacket, but i have several motorcycle leather jackets in different hides. is it normal for the horsehide leather to feel like a cardboard when brand new? my motorcycle jackets are way heavier than this a2 jacket. or, i got, unfortunately, sub par horsehide?

my a2 eastman roughwear 27752 finally arrived today. this is my first horsehide leather jacket, but i have several motorcycle leather jackets in different hides. is it normal for the horsehide leather to feel like a cardboard when brand new? my motorcycle jackets are way heavier than this a2 jacket. or, i got, unfortunately, sub par horsehide?

Aero horsehide (i cant speak for other manufacturers) is always rock solid, stiff as-a-board when new.

Just wear, wear, wear and after a couple of months you will notice how the leather begins to get softer and more flexible.

Aero horsehide (i cant speak for other manufacturers) is always rock solid, stiff as-a-board when new.

Just wear, wear, wear and after a couple of months you will notice how the leather begins to get softer and more flexible.

Likewise with my Goodwear--the horsehide felt stiff and relatively thin when I got it. It also felt much lighter than my other leather jackets. After several months of wear, the leather changed significantly and now after nearly 2 years of wear exceed the qualities of the leather on my other jackets. I understand that Eastman jackets are high quality, so may be worth your patience.

thank you everyone for such a helpful, as always, feedback. i was stupid enough to compare this type of jacket to my motorcycle leather jacket. gary eastman, himself, confirmed that the type of hide i have for my jacket is the standard thickness, which is 1.1mm - 1.2mm. i was confused when reading this forum about the users' feedback about the stiffness and the weight of the jacket. personally, i'm very comfortable wearing heavyweight motorcycle leather jacket for my daily riding and track day. the weight and the stiffness of this a2 is nowhere near when compared to my several heavyweight motorcycle leather jackets. for my body type, i'm confident that the fit is spot on! i love it!

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0317.jpg

nonetheless, i'm very satisfied with the jacket except the very small tear on the leather surface, which shows on the last picture. the tear didn't penetrate all the way from the other side. charles from hpa told me that it looks like an insect bite, and i shouldn't worry about because it's a nature of a natural leather. they are glad to replace my jacket with a new one, which would happen on early next year. that wait is too long for me. what do you guys think?

DSC_0310.jpg

Insect bite? LOL, now I've heard everything. What insects cut into leather like that?

must be one of those Amazon Jungle Army A2 Ants... cutting pieces of leather to make tiny jackets for the nest...

seriously though,

Tek, I don't normally say this on an A2, but it actually looks a bit small on you...

Some type of wasp or horsefly could have bitten the creature and left a scar? That's my best guess. Jacket looks really good on you though (in my opinion).

Also, that veteran's jacket is really sick. I like the way that the print on the back has faded.

I'm going to bump this, can't believe nobody appreciated this great L-2A! I love the faded flak magnet artwork! Did he mention how long he's had this jacket? Looks in pretty good condition for a couple of decades of wear

As much as I love the repros, we don't see enough authentic flight jackets on this thread, especially worn by vets like this. What an amazing story... can't believe this guy served in 3 wars! WW2, Korea and Vietnam ... lest we forget.

Check out this veteran's L-2A. He was a navigator in B-29's in WWII and Korea, a pilot in the F-86L during the Cold War and KC-135's during the Vietnam War.

jacketfront-1.jpg

jacketback-2.jpg

hero.jpg