The Flight Jacket Thread

still

anyone here who i can commission to draw art on the back of my br A-2? seriously... varga girl looking with bombs and hitler insignia's as shot down plane and maybe i want the girl naked showing off big boobs and butt.. and maybe an airforce cap and shorts and high heels

Jerome's a busy man but if you can tolerate waiting for your jacket, I've never met someone unhappy with his work!

-Jake

Oh, well, if you said, please, then yes.

Using tattoo techniques to do art on leather? I'm pretty sure saw some pig skin furniture which had been tattooed. But I have no idea how the process works. I would guess similarly, but does the pigs skin have to be tattooed while it's alive so that it can heal before it is made into leather after death?

Does anyone have any experience with the Eastman flying caps? I've been looking for some interesting olden days style head gear, and these seem pretty interesting.

b2rwmont.jpg

Additionally, has anyone in the US ordered from Eastman (or anywhere) in the UK? I'm curious if there is any need to worry about unforeseen charges ordering from there.

Thanks.

I think eastman made two styles of this cap. I bought one last year and love it. Very comfortable and very warm but not like a b3 in the summer warm as you can wear it when it's warmer but also when it's very cold.

I proxied mine direct from england as I didn't want to deal with the middle man in the states that tacked on 50 dollars for their "trouble"

I'd say pick one up! You'll love it.

right now i only own a goodwear and a couple of eastman A-2's. the goodwear is the jacket getting all the wear these days.

nice a-2, grant. dubow?? just ordered a bronco a-2 for myself. only 3-4 months to go.

originally had planned on a bronco by aero leather of scotland but changed to the good wear. You have both aero leather and good wear? what do you think??

mad_dye, those aren't flight jackets! (but i guess there's no point in creating a separate riders jacket thread.) but they're beautiful.

i also got an aero highwayman in cordovan color. really heavy and really like them. but too bad LA doesn't get cold enough to wear them most of the time.

Yeah... I didn't want to create a new thread for rider's jackets. Anyways, this is my first leather jacket and I am glad I chose the alpaca wool lining. It is pretty cold here in Iowa nowadays and I get to wear my jacket everyday :D. Aero is putting a new model in production and it is based off a 1930s German bike jacket. I think I might get that next, but with a non-wool lining. More info here

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=37762