The Flight Jacket Thread

still

It depends where you live. I've heard gibson and barnes does good work, and people swear by Aero. If you post on the VLJ forum, you'll get more, better responses, probably.

Nothing special here,some sort of B-3 of unknown origin.P1020408-1.jpgP1020409-1.jpg

I dont know how old it is,prob.10-15 years,but its getting dry and worn and as i have no problems caring for my boots,i dont know what to use here.sorry for overexposure.P1020416-1.jpg

some fitpics,looks big on me,iam just wearing a shirt underneath,outside its some big jumper.P1020441-1-1.jpgP1020439-2.jpg

Does anybody knows whats best to use for this one?

US Wings cuffs might not be 100% wool, and the blends pill. You may not care though. It depends on what you're looking for...just two cents of advice.

-Jake

Gibson & Barnes is the VLJ USA choice for knit replacements. Their 100% wool knits as used on their M-422a are good, and they won't hit you with customs.

Here's a video of Dave Marshall from Gibson and Barnes talking about their M-422a - check out the knits they look good.

-Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with the Eastman flying caps? I've been looking for some interesting olden days style head gear, and these seem pretty interesting.

b2rwmont.jpg

Additionally, has anyone in the US ordered from Eastman (or anywhere) in the UK? I'm curious if there is any need to worry about unforeseen charges ordering from there.

Thanks.

I know this isn't a flight jacket, but zk posted his, so I thought it was okay to post mine.

It's a Buzz Rickson, size 40, even though I have a 39" chest. I'd like opinions on whether it's a good enough fit.

Really sorry for the blurry pics.

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

tag

IMG_0849.jpg

conmatic zipper

IMG_0850.jpg

Oh, and for jake: it's warm, not as warm as a down jacket, of course, but because it's permeable or something, wind will penetrate. Not a big deal if you're not waiting out for long periods of time. I wear a cardi under, a shirt under that, and thermals under that.

thanks

well i just ment in comparison to goodwear, i love my aero jacket anyway.

maybe it was a bit much calling it a beginners jacket , or i am a lucky beginner in a2s, its my first, next stop goodwear.

here is a nice old pic of some beautiful a2s.

3182498757_1f32257881_o.jpg

many options

i like boots, like my laredo ropers, or red wings.... or budapester semi brogues,chelsea boots. i dont have the alden indies yet but i think they would be perfect too and whites semi dress?