concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

Glad it's not just me on the MGMT disliking bandwagon.

Not sure about Meshuggah's set tonight... just a bit too technically perfect and not enough to feast your eyes upon asides from some big flashing lights. Kinda like DEP would be if they didn't flail around like lunatics and fuck up half their riffs (which makes them ten times the live band).

Glad it's not just me on the MGMT disliking bandwagon.

Not sure about Meshuggah's set tonight... just a bit too technically perfect and not enough to feast your eyes upon asides from some big flashing lights. Kinda like DEP would be if they didn't flail around like lunatics and fuck up half their riffs (which makes them ten times the live band).

i saw MGMT supporting radiohead a while ago, definitely torture. no comparison to the next band, bats for lashes.

also i felt a little sorry for plain white tees at reading.

also did you see DEP with between the buried and me supporting a while back at the mean fiddler?

also rage were great.

i saw MGMT supporting radiohead a while ago, definitely torture. no comparison to the next band, bats for lashes.

also i felt a little sorry for plain white tees at reading.

also did you see DEP with between the buried and me supporting a while back at the mean fiddler?

also rage were great.

I saw Bat for Lashes supporting Radiohead a while back. I thought for a moment that they'd roped in Bjork. Excellent gig all-round though.

Mars Volta at Brixton was an experience. I love those crazy bastards.

• 3 weeks later...

just saw Black Mountain last tuesday @ Bowery Ballroom, was badass, as always

Smashing Pumpkins, both nights in November. I'm actually excited, despite it not being the Smashing Pumpkins I want it to be. Should be fucking rawk though.

Tomorrow = Okkervil River

And the next weekend will be fucking great: 10/10 of Montreal, 10/11 Elephant 6 tour, 10/12 Fiasco, 10/13 Love is All.

10/14 could be yelle, but I might be too dead by that point haha.

I was thinkin about going to this show too. Anyone know if Cut Copy is worth going to see live? or is it going to basically be listening to their CD?

Yo, this might be late, but I saw Cut Copy 2 weeks back and they were great live. Really great energy/crowd.

KFW always plays a solid set, even if a little safe. DJ Olive has his occasional moments. But holy shit it's been way too long since I've seen Daniel Menche perform. I might find my way over to this too.

yeah it's been ages since i've seen keith (performing or otherwise), unfortunately he hasn't made it down as often since the cooler closed. may have to stop by and say wassup. this is at the galapagos right?

wasn't olive part of the illbient crew (this comes to mind because a dj spooky cd made it onto my set sale list)?

10/18: Titus Andronicus, So So Glos

CMJ festtttt:

10/22: My Teenage Stride, Pains of Being Pure at Heart, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Ringo Deathstarr, lots others

10/24: Vivian Girls, POBPAH, Woods, Fiasco, more

10/25: A Place to Bury Strangers, Crystal Antlers, Vivian Girls

Digable planets in T.O. last night.

If they come to your area you definitely should check it out...set list was amazing, and the sound was great. I couldn't get over how sick butterfly's voice was, even better than on the albums...and ladybug is way hotter than I remember

It was probably the best rap concert i have been to...