concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

missing out on the teenagers this weekend unfortunaly

not missing much, theyre pretty much the worst live band ever, no stage presence whatsoever

tonight is strike anywhere and the flatliners cuz my friends band is opening for them so i get in

tomorrow is cormega/sheek louch/other dudes

saturday my other friends band is playing 2 nxne shows

july 12 trash talk in new york if all goes as planned

july 17 shipwreck

sometime in august ceremony

summer is gonna be badass

Is The National $30 bucks good?

I'm thinking of seeing 'em at SummerStage but I don't want to spend too much on concerts =[.

So far I've got:

Love is all

Boris

Times New Viking

Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos

Okkervil River

Missed out on buying Ratatat + MBV tix =[.

bahh, lucky man: times new viking, boris, okkervil= amazing! 30 bucks. is that for general admision or are their diffrent sections @ the venue?

errrr..... teenage jesus and the jerks (against my better judgment)

Well, let me know if I made the right choice to skip that.

This weekend I'm off to play a couple gigs in baltimore and philly which I like to think will be good :cool:... but I guess that's not really what this thread is hoping for.

There's some good shit next weekend though. Havey Milk on the 20th, Melted Men the 21st or 22nd depending on which venue I want to see them at. Athens, Georgia apparently taking over NYC for a moment.

Fennesz and Sakamoto in like a month. Can't wait!

Oh shit. That's right. Forgot about that one! I've never really liked Sakamoto but it'll be nice to see Christian perform again. Last time I caught him was a solo and duo with Keith Rowe at Tonic not long after they released Live at the LU.

teenage jesus were great, i never liked the band that much but lunch's voice has gotten so perfectly gravelly for that material over the years/cartons.

thinking about crystal stilts/versus/love is all tonight but still kind of wiped out after damon and naomi / batoh last night (and a wknd full of euros).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
add:

Ladytron 28/10

Ladytron live is good even though they don't really move around much or anything.

Is anyone else going to Pitchfork Festival? I'm not a diehard fan of the website, but they tend to get some good acts together every year. I'm going Sunday. what about anyone else?

teenage jesus were great, i never liked the band that much but lunch's voice has gotten so perfectly gravelly for that material over the years/cartons.

thinking about crystal stilts/versus/love is all tonight but still kind of wiped out after damon and naomi / batoh last night (and a wknd full of euros).

Huh, didja go?

Me and habia went, pretty awesome show. Didn't like Versus that much, and was completely surprised that they're some popular 90s alt. band. *shrug*. Love is all was great tho. <3

Huh, didja go?

Me and habia went, pretty awesome show. Didn't like Versus that much, and was completely surprised that they're some popular 90s alt. band. *shrug*. Love is all was great tho. <3

yeah, left before love is all though. versus only played two of their old songs, which still sounded great. even going back to their old records of note (let's electrify, the stars are insane, dead leaves singles comp) they sound pretty a-ok to me. more power to them for keeping on keeping on & robert dennis for keeping the headbang on.

crystal stilts were good, release that album already!

Oh shit. I think someone offered me a free ticket to see Boris play later this week. I should check up on whether that's still available.... They were pretty fun last time I caught them on tour. Let us know how tonight's show is.