concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

I saw Crystal Castles at some NYU show they played a couple weeks ago and actually thought it was pretty wack.

Sound wasn't too great, crowd was awful, vocals were too scratchy. It was the type of show which made me not want to listen to them anymore.

I think a 21+ show from them would be significantly better though. The main problem I had was the crowd.

Upside though was that such an obnoxious poser hipster crowd was somewhat of a self esteem booster. It really confirmed how much better I am than them (7.9)

crystalcastles3ag4.jpg

crystalcastles2ap4.jpg

crystalcastles1ld7.jpg

I go to a lot of shows, but the last truly incredible, I can hardly believe how good this is type of concert I have seen is probably Boris at the Knitting Factory a while ago.

While they were tuning instruments before the set each test-strum was so loud and powerfel I felt fear. And the main guy's double neck headless guitar is terrifying.

None of my pictures turned out too well, as normal

boris1tb2.jpg

this thread is for all types of music that people listen to on here. i realize flyleaf and seether aren't the most epic or original bands, but the concert was as fun as any, plus my friend invited me to go. it wasn't like i was going to refuse the invite just because i was afraid of seeing "corporate" bands. some nights are for hitting up the indie scene in portland, other nights i can stand and watch seether with no regrets. i am not too worried about a certain "image" or "status" that i portray in my musical tastes. ;)

i am surprised this thread hasn't been moved yet. sorry for putting it in the wrong location. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Finalized the shit today: Lollapalooza is a go, flying out first thing on the Friday to see Radiohead. Just wish there was a full schedule up so I know if there will be any conflicts of interest...

Want to hit Atmosphere at the end of the month but it's on a fucking Wednesday. Islands coming up on the 29th too though.

DDML, are you seeing a Philedelphia Boris show?

I saw them at Knitting Factory NYC a couple months ago and the show ruled. Their next NYC show is Webster Hall which I don't particularly like but I will go anyway. The new album is pretty good over all. I have only heard the Southern Lord version and not the Japanese master. Have you heard both versions, what do you think?

Other than that, Love is All at Market Hotel brooklyn, Russian Cirlcles at Music Hall of Williamsburg and way off is MBV in September.

More shows than that too but I have been slightly unorganized about shows recently.

CLUSTER is touring the EAST COAST!

CLUSTER is the only thing that matters in this thread. Hear?

Seriously, man? Have you seen the youtube videos of the crap they've been doing live lately? I don't see the appeal of seeing them play at all. Totally skipping them at No Fun.