Wrist Watches That Go With Denim! Give Me your Lists!

damienos

You might like the Sub. I use the rotating bezel every day to time stuff. Plus if you're a James Bond fan, then a Sub is a natural. Before I liked mechanical watches I was into tricky digitals. I think they go well with jeans too. Here's one I had a long time ago:

gg.digital.jpg

I just don't get what so great about Panerais. They don't have an illustrious history (compared to VC, AP, PP or even other second tier watch makers), other than their crown protector they aren't that innovative, and 99% of their collection uses ETA movements. But dealers are making money hand over fist on these large watches. Must just be an aesthetic thing.

One of the reasons I sold all my Panerais. The crown lever loosens up over time and stops holding the crown in as tightly. Some very heavy collectors (hundreds of thousands of dollars into it) got out of Panerai. Not to mention, the very best straps for them aren't even water resistant. So here's this chunky dive watch that you can't get wet without shrinking or ruining the strap. The best thing about Panerai is the community. The only part of the watch community that's like the superfuture community. Though Omega and Rolex buffs are getting more friendly.

One of the reasons I sold all my Panerais. The crown lever loosens up over time and stops holding the crown in as tightly. Some very heavy collectors (hundreds of thousands of dollars into it) got out of Panerai. Not to mention, the very best straps for them aren't even water resistant. So here's this chunky dive watch that you can't get wet without shrinking or ruining the strap. The best thing about Panerai is the community. The only part of the watch community that's like the superfuture community. Though Omega and Rolex buffs are getting more friendly.

Are you on TimeZone?

god damn it, why cant they make navitimers that are reasonably priced for yung uns

that is actually the breitling for bentley motors which is actually more expensive, heavy, and flashy i guess than the navitimer. probably to go with that bentley name

You might like the Sub. I use the rotating bezel every day to time stuff. Plus if you're a James Bond fan, then a Sub is a natural. Before I liked mechanical watches I was into tricky digitals. I think they go well with jeans too. Here's one I had a long time ago:

gg.digital.jpg

James Bond only wears Omega...

Bond had a Seiko up until the mid 80s didn't he?

"On the more glamorous side, Ian Fleming's James Bond character wore a Rolex Oyster Perpetual in the series of spy novels. In the early EON production Bond films, Commander Bond wore a Rolex Submariner. However, for the Bond films starring Pierce Brosnan and the film with Daniel Craig, James Bond's standard issue watch is an Omega Seamaster. This is due in part to Omega being open to jointly promote their association with the films' producers."

Taken from wikipedia.

Before motorcycles I used to be really into watches. Have owned Pateks, Jaeger, GP, Blancpain and Rolex. I kept this one because it is very versatile. Datejust w/white gold bezel.

Sorry to veer the thread away;) but what kind of motorcyles, old or new?

Gotta be something classic, timeless (sorry)

1945 Whatham A-11

Don't be sorry airfro;), for me it's pretty much always form FOLLOWING function-love anything with military/airforce history. imo anything military is definately the way to go. I've got an old WWII PARA watch that you may appreciate?

para.jpg

Hence for me Serge and Percy's SINNs are great. I also think the Fortis Flieger Chrono is one of the nicest watches around.

Don't be sorry airfro;), for me it's pretty much always form FOLLOWING function-love anything with military/airforce history. imo anything military is definately the way to go. I've got an old WWII PARA watch that you may appreciate?

para.jpg

Only sorry for the bad pun (timeless) Man that PARA watch rocks. I really like something you have to wind every morning. Some of these military time pieces were really built to last and they seem to always look good especially with an A-2 and a great pair of jeans. The amazing thing is I wear this watch almost every day and it keeps great time. Not bad for being over 60 years old. I also have a turn og the century Elgin pocket watch that runs great to. Thats over 100.

Chicken - I never knew anyone with a Mondaine before. Cool! They made one with one hand, called the "Don't Rush" that I've always liked:

dont_rush.gif

greg, that is one sweetly designed watch. having a background in graphic design, i tend to lean towards designy watches. and i've had my mondaines for a long time. currently, my bands are silver:

swiss.jpg

my other prized possession is a paul rand inspired watch made in germany:

ibm.jpg

Love the WWII watches.

Where can I get one for cheap?

I found my A-11 on ebay. It was listed wrong and scored it for $60. When it arrived it was running real fast so I took it to the local clock maker and he tuned it up for $55 and its run great ever since. Be careful on ebay though. Theres a couple of vendors that advertise rebuilt as all original. The watches might have a modern case or the wrong movement for what they are being sold as.

Deadpan, I like your Para AND the Tutima - is that a 5100 movement? I'm half thinking about getting a Heuer one of those.

Regular viewers will know that I flogged a load of Lees, 1933 and 1880s Levi's to fund one of these. It came entirely from the proceeds of what I had in the loft or under the bed... photo is by David Devos...

a.jpg

Deadpan, I like your Para AND the Tutima - is that a 5100 movement? I'm half thinking about getting a Heuer one of those.

Regular viewers will know that I flogged a load of Lees, 1933 and 1880s Levi's to fund one of these. It came entirely from the proceeds of what I had in the loft or under the bed... photo is by David Devos...

That is a really nice Heuer Paul, and I agree about winding airfro. The Lemania 5100 is a really strong movement-i'd fully recomend it-mine hasn't skipped a beat even though I havn't had it serviced in 5 years, and have even dropped it about 5 feet once onto a tiled floor! I guess this explains why (found on the net)

"Fortis, Sinn, and Tutima insisted on the continuation of production because the 5100 is the only calibre that met their military requirements. The 5100, due to its construction, is the only chronograph movement that can withstand large shocks without its chronograph seconds hand stopping. This is because its chronograph mechanism is driven directly unlike most other chronographs which use an intermediate wheel. The calibre easily withstands acceleration in excess of 7G without appreciable loss of accuracy. Its ruggedness is legendary; the calibre easily absorbs shocks and blows. The calibre also maintains its accuracy over long periods without servicing. Service intervals from four to seven years have shown to be sufficient."