Denim Shorts Party & Competition - San Francisco

kiya

On April 8th, get yourself ready for the heat of the summer by making your own denim shorts during the 1st Annual Denim Shorts Party and Competition.

Here's what's going to go down at Self Edge

at 5pm on Sunday, April 8th:

-You bring your own pair of unaltered full length jeans

-We measure them on you and cut them where you want them cut

-We have one of our two celebrity sewing machine masters hem them for you (before you ask, the answer is no, it's not a chainstitch)

-If you do not have jeans to bring that you'd like to turn into shorts, you may purchase a pair from us at 30% off the normal price to turn into shorts, but you MUST cut them immediatly upon purchase, you cannot leave the store before they've been cut into shorts.

We'll then decide on the number one and number two winners of San Francisco's Best Denim Shorts. First place winner gets a $250 gift certificate and second place gets a $100 gift certificate to the store.

The criteria will include the length of your new shorts (the shorter the better), selvedge or not, other alterations that you may do to them including bleach, removal of pockets, or any further alterations done on the spot.

Our celebrity sewing machine masters are the world famous yoyoer and nerdcore hip-hop artist Doctor Popular and the Bay Area's ruling tailor and clothing designer ALVAL from Homeroom Clothing.

As usual we'll have alcohol of all sorts to add into the mix, including the official Carl's SuperGay Rum.

And Kool Aid for the underaged...

Directions and location and store info: http://www.selfedge.com

Sunday, April 8th, 5pm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this sounds crazy...

Definetly would go, if I had the money and time...

But hell, giving 200+$ for a pair of jeans, and them cutting them apart, jeez, i got the creeps now..

Wow, this sounds crazy...

Definetly would go, if I had the money and time...

But hell, giving 200+$ for a pair of jeans, and them cutting them apart, jeez, i got the creeps now..

No way, this entire party is 100% FREE.

We're not charging for anything, unless you want to buy your own jeans there, which at that point they're 30% off.

All services such as hemming, shrinking, etc, are all free.

^ denmark vs. san fran....

you see where the money is spend ? haha

i think its really kewl that you offer all these things for free.

i would give my third leg away for getting my jeans hemmed by a yoyo expert !

Shit... I should bring in my destroyed pair of 514 slim straights in, and make them into muy thai boxing shorts with my balls hanging out. Mad whiskers too... on the shorts of course, I mean.

Sycamore should man up and do this.

Haha..

Really though, i've made many a denim shorts in my time.

I'll post a photo or two later... it's not pretty.

Is this going to be RSVP'd like the Sufu Party or just open to everybody.

No beasts allowed to this short shorts party. Unless they wanna bring in their leroy jenkins / kidrobot collabo steez and make them into dunny shorts...