superfuture blog index

thelion1856

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so i realize it's shameless (check the title) but i've started a blog because i'm trying to generate a bit of content and credibility for myself in terms style writing.

if you want to check it out, it's: http://blackandtannedny.wordpress.com

updated at least daily. men's style with a focus on leathers, as it seems like that sort of thing is not particularly well represented at this point.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
codeine and coffins

i didnt make a cool design or anything like all you hip dudes

well see if i can keep this one up i think my problem is that i refuse to blog anything i see anywhere else because it seems redundant and i get all excited about starting one and make like a million posts and then have nothing else to say

cool designs just get in the way.

codeine and coffins

i didnt make a cool design or anything like all you hip dudes

well see if i can keep this one up i think my problem is that i refuse to blog anything i see anywhere else because it seems redundant and i get all excited about starting one and make like a million posts and then have nothing else to say

tumblr_l0okajk2S71qbataco1_500.png

this is really cool, what's it from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For this weeks installment of Weeklies, we decided to complete a small artist profile on Tsuguoharu Foujita, a Japanese born French artist to coincide with his retrospective currently on view in his adopted home of Reims, France. The feature can be seen below, and as always would welcome any feedback you guys have on this post, or any aspect of Weeklies.

www.documentmagazine.ca

I have a few blogs, some are updated more than others.

Firstly

http://amerkaji-meme.blogspot.com/

Heres my blurb about the site

Amerkaji Meme is a blog about denim, workwear, and quality garments. Heres the blurb about it:

Bit of a shameless plug post however the main theme is linked to an area of interest i've mentioned before. Namely the growing vintage workwear/Amerkaji aesthetic that is proliferating within modern mens fashion. The history of the aesthetic is beautifully simple and well conceived, think post WWII americana meets neo-Levi Japanese artisanal practices via japanophilian fashion geekery. The actual causality, and social/economic shifts that have incubated the phenomena are perhaps much more complicated. Amerkaji Meme will:

1) Showcase, review, critique and generally enthuse upon/around the ever expanding plethora of brands/labels that align ( obliquely or directly ) with the Amerkaji Meme.

2)Track the histories and cultural/social geographies that have brought the aesthetic and the market to the realm it flourishes in today.

3)Contain influential/inspiration images from the fashions of vintage inspired workwear and denim.

Although I have an awful lot more to say about this topic, for now I will refrain. My musings and theories based around the various social complexities and webs of aesthetic semantics involved with the paradigm will be saved for Amerikaji Meme. However I'd like to clarify the appeal. Fashion design is often fickle, and the very mechanisms that support fashion harbour an innate strata of voracious consumerism - quadannual or biannual titillations for fickle, myopic consumers. But the natural want of something that will last is within everyone. not just this particular phenomena. Everyone wants an item of quality, something that reveals a depth of qualities and characters as it ages with the wearer. This unorthodox quality is not often the driving force behind a fashion aesthetic, I know often quality and materials are focused upon and that only the best is used but rarely do the garments character, construction and heritage govern the overall silhouette of a whole fashion aesthetic paradigm.

ALSO

Culture - http://notesfromthevomitorium.blogspot.com/ -

heres he blurb : A SPORADICALLY UPDATED BLOG OF VARIOUS MUSINGS ON ART, LITERATURE, FASHION, MUSIC AND FILM. A PLACE OF PRAXIS ANALYSIS AND OBLIQUE MODES OF ENQUIRY.

And my food and wine and drinks blog : http://oenophiliaandbacchanalia.blogspot.com/

AND lastly my ongoing work of errrrr - fiction, ill call it that.....

http://pyrrhicvictoriesagainst.blogspot.com/

If you bother to visit I hope you enjoy em.