new common projects ss07

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those who own a pair of common projects, have you used anything on the leather to keep in it good condition?

I am looking to buy a pair of cp achilles in matte white leather and want to know if I should use some sort of conditioner/water proofing agent on them when they are new.

for suede, yes...

but for regular leather i can't think of anything at the moment.

Yeah, if you put some sort of protectant on plain leather (Camp Dry, etc.) you will essentially be making it harder to clean in the future. You just have to be careful. Get some white shoe polish for tiny scuffs, and a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" for more severe ones. Be careful though, the Mr. Clean contains a very mild abrasive, so you don't want to rub it over the entire shoe, just the scuffed spot.

You can apply a conditioner occasionally, but that won't help protect them from stains.

i need something to clean my suede CPs, please do tell.

Suede cleaning kit: get a combo brush/eraser for minor stains (eraser) and to restore the nap (brush). For more severe discoloration, Kiwi sells a simple aeorosol can with applicator brush attached that contains a mild cleaning solution. You spray a bit on then use the brush to scrub out the stains.

i don't know how hard you guys wear your shoes, but i'll recommend just using some foot locker shoe spray for protection. again just wipe your shoes with a clean/soft towel. make sure its soft so you dont scrape your shoes with brittel towerl lol. if you want just some of the footlocker shoe cleaner as well but dont let that foam stay on your shoes for too lonng. wipe it off ASAP. i casued a slight discolouration on my light grey by doing that. for my whites, theres no harm..........so are my dark greys.

just the light greys for some reason has slight discolouration.

I think you could go a tad smaller than 42, cps tend to run slightly large.. here's a recent post on the supermarket, seller wears size 8 chucks and is a 41 in cps.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=739825&postcount=1

besides what ruach said, i don't know why people always say that cp run bigger/slightly larger/whatevs....

they run pretty true to size and are narrow at the front. don't listen to people who say to size down. you'd have to go one full euro size down and that would obviously be too small. duh.

jmatsu you are schooled well... do raf sneakers and cp fit the same? they're made in the same factory but someone told me they fit differently...?

which raf? if you're referring to many raf models that have the same sole as cp's you still can't really compare. just like lanvin...even though those soles overlap to many brands, sizing is usually always different. too me, and for the models i've owned/own, raf does run big, but comes in half sizes.

yeah the ones with the same soles... like the velcro and fw07patent sneakers.

that's kind of too bad that all the brands sizing is different.. why can't it be simple :(

those run alittle bigger...seriously.

that's kind of too bad that all girls are different...why can't they be easy:(

so if i wear 41 or 42 in raf i would wear 42 or 43(probably pushing it) in cp?

okay for what specific raf model? and almost all cps fit to size, but for some really odd reason i find that some of the suede models seem just alittle bigger...maybe it's just me or that one odd pair.

besides what ruach said, i don't know why people always say that cp run bigger/slightly larger/whatevs....

they run pretty true to size and are narrow at the front. don't listen to people who say to size down. you'd have to go one full euro size down and that would obviously be too small. duh.

okay for what specific raf model? and almost all cps fit to size, but for some really odd reason i find that some of the suede models seem just alittle bigger...maybe it's just me or that one odd pair.

I have the silver lowtops and (had) the black Achilles in a 43 (9.5 US) and they fit me perfectly, which is odd since I wear an 11 (US) in virtually all other major shoe brands. They are a tiny bit narrow, but sizing down from the 45 I normally would have worn shows me that the theory they fit slightly large holds somewhat true. Unfortunately, I never tried on a 44 or 45 to compare. Is it possibly the case of the sizing system they are using not actually varying an entire size? I've experienced a few shoe brands where, say, the size 10 isn't actually a full size smaller than the 11 (thus, you could wear both sizes comfortably).

I have the silver lowtops and (had) the black Achilles in a 43 (9.5 US) and they fit me perfectly, which is odd since I wear an 11 (US) in virtually all other major shoe brands. They are a tiny bit narrow, but sizing down from the 45 I normally would have worn shows me that the theory they fit slightly large holds somewhat true.

weird, because i own 4 pairs now and the ones i've got run true to size. the first leather/suede one i got was 42 in white (i sold it). i felt that they were fine, but preferred a 41 cause white always makes the shoes look big.

for my two other lows, one high (patent), and other mid, i went with the 41s and i've had no complaints. they fit perfectly.

weird, because i own 4 pairs now and the ones i've got run true to size. the first leather/suede one i got was 42 in white (i sold it). i felt that they were fine, but preferred a 41 cause white always makes the shoes look big.

for my two other lows, one high (patent), and other mid, i went with the 41s and i've had no complaints. they fit perfectly.

I added this on the end while you were probably writing your response:

Unfortunately, I never tried on a 44 or 45 to compare. Is it possibly the case of the sizing system they are using not actually varying an entire size? I've experienced a few shoe brands where, say, the size 10 isn't actually a full size smaller than the 11 (thus, you could wear both sizes comfortably).

I added this on the end while you were probably writing your response:

it might be that they have there own sizing system like other brands. how did you lace them??

The way they come (prelaced). Straight across.

that is just so fucking insane. for myself and my immediate circles the consensus is to buy your true size. maybe it's because we all have smaller feet then you.